1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

RP price adjustment in Europe

Discussion in 'MOBA' started by Prawer, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Prawer

Prawer Big Brute Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Greetings Summoners, I’m Errigal and I just wanted to give you guys some context on changes to RP prices that will soon be happening and our reasons for doing so.
    Due to recent shifts in the global economy, we will be increasing the average RP cost for players on EUW and EUNE. The end result of this will be approximately a 10% increase in the cost of RP.
    We will make these changes by adjusting the amount of RP available at different price points (for example, a 10EUR purchase will get you 1575RP instead of 1780RP previously). Any RP already purchased is unaffected by this change as it only relates to future RP purchases. The price of content is also unaffected.
    This change will be effective from 20th March 2015 at 23:59 CET.
    We want to be transparent in doing this and have provided some more context below:
    CONTEXT
    Why are we increasing prices? Why now?
    The changing economic environment plays a big part in this decision. This is happening now because we are making similar adjustments across our supported countries to ensure regional alignment. This will also be our first RP price increase in five years.
    What do you mean by “economic environment”?
    We mostly refer to two things with this: many of our operations (even in Europe) are facilitated through US Dollars, which are currently trending strongly against many European currencies. Additionally, we are continuing to make further investment across Europe in all aspects of League of Legends including the recent Amsterdam data centre and our IP backbone, which are part of an ongoing effort to improve connection stability.
    What about other regions?
    Recently, we have made adjustments to RP prices in Brazil, Turkey, Russia, Chile and Argentina, and will soon be introducing changes to regions including Oceania and Canada.
    We attempt to keep global RP prices in relative balance, especially when on the same server. When economic environments change to a point where it places regions out of this balance, then we look to make adjustments.
    Are there any other reasons a price change can happen?
    There are many factors that determine how we price globally. In this case, investment and costs due to currency were the primary drivers. However, we also monitor inflation. So far we haven’t felt the need to make changes for this reason.
    Any impact on IP or existing content?
    Nope. You can still purchase content for the same amount of IP and RP as before.
    Does the change affect already bought prepaid cards?
    It will affect the card from the changeover date, which is one of the reasons we’re giving players 2 weeks notice to redeem cards while the value of RP is unchanged.
    What are the new price points?
    As we mentioned previously, the increases will be approximately 10%. We have attached a table showing one price point for credit cards in each currency. The RP amounts shown here are total (including bonus RP). The other price points for each currency will follow the same logic, with bonus RP scaling proportionally.
    Current Prices
    Currency-Price Local-RP Payout-Payout/local
    EUR-10-1780-178.00
    GBP-9-1780 -197.78
    PLN-40-1780-44.50
    CZK-280-1780-6.36
    HUF-3200-1780-0.56
    RON-45-1780-39.56

New Prices
    Currency-Price Local-RP Payout-Payout/Local-Change
    EUR-10-1580-158.0 - -11%
    GBP-10-2075-207.5-5%
    PLN-50-2025-40.5 - -9%
    CZK-350-2050-5.9 - -8%
    HUF-3500-1775-0.5 - -9%
    RON-50-1825-36.5 - -8%

Sorry I didn't can make it to look like tabel so i did it like this

Thats it :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
  2. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yea, prizes jump in every region then US, GJ RITO on "making similar adjustments".
    Anyway, luckily its not big change

3. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    1st they will make more money in this 12 days bcz people will want to buy cheaper before the prices jump
    2nd they will make more money after march 20th

They do need more money becouse they really improve from year to year from videos to LCS matches, and I don't think the regular RP buyers will notice the difference much. I do not buy RP so often (once a year maybe) so I won't notice it. I support them becouse they really try to make their players feel better and have better gaming experience, unlike some other games I've played. Too bad us players can't appreciate that.

4. Xeal7

Xeal7 DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I'm lucky to buy rp while it was on bonus..

5. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    If they get more money,game will be better,simply as that.I hope so :)

6. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    USD is the base currency for Riot, everything adjusts against it. If this was a price change then the US would go up too but it's not, it's your money that changed in value not the product. It's the pains of international markets... you aren't getting jipped though.

7. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I forgot that USD is the base currency for Riot, but i am not complaining, buying cards is optional so u dont need that to play game, just that word "adjustments", didnt felt right. Anyway am glad that at least some1 have chance to buy card on old price

8. Pwna

Pwna Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    I am so happy about that. xD Why Riot why??? :D

9. ickaza

ickaza Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    im lucky i dont buy RP

10. axwellshm

axwellshm Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    Hmm, the adjustment isn't really the best, but every bonus counts. Thanks for the information.

11. baki00

baki00 MMORPG Addict Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I will never buy RP skins=not win

12. Sle91

Sle91 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Not really what I was hoping for when clicking the link, but it ain't that bad I suppose. :)

13. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    we will never be slaves ....
    RP ... bb ....

14. Prawer

Prawer Big Brute Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Well i tried to make it like table it wasn't look on anything.... :/

15. The BestVayne EU

The BestVayne EU Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit: