1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

eu-Removal of Premium Tanks From Shop

Discussion in 'World of Tanks' started by ufbre, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Removal of Premium Tanks From Shop
    Removal of Premium Tanks From Shop | Premium Shop | World of Tanks

Retirement comes to us all eventually. With Update 9.8 a few more trusty warriors are leaving the tech-trees and Premium Shop for the last time:

British Sexton I
    Soviet SU-85I
    American RAM II
    German Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm
    The aforementioned vehicles will disappear from the in-game store with the release of Update 9.8. However, they will remain available in the Premium Shop until 8 June 11:00 CEST (UTC+2). Also, in order to honour the discharge of these unique tanks, we have prepared a special Premium Shop offer, which will contain all of them in a one handy package, and be available until their final removal from the shop:

Please note: Even though these vehicles will be removed from sale, every player who owns and has them in their garage at the time of the removal will keep them. Also, the tanks may return to the game at a later time as part of special Premium Shop bundles, contest prizes etc.

[​IMG] III Sexton ISexton I
    V SU-85ISU-85I
    V Ram IIRam II
    VIPz.Kpfw. IV SchmalturmPz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm
    4 Garage Slots
    Premium Account: 30 days

36.99 Euro

Four war heroes hang up their hats in this bundle of honour. This is a perfect chance to add some departing vehicles to your collection while enriching your battle experience through their contrasting playstyles.

This offer will be available in the Premium Shop from 13 May at 11:10 until 8 June 11:00 CEST (UTC+2).

Roll out!

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    This is the second time I seen a sizable amount removed, have they been adding tanks too or what is going on? At this rate there wont be any premium tanks left. Although it seems the removals are mostly lower tier leaving the higher and vastly more expensive ones as the only option... is that the goal?

RIP Ram II

PS. Pz4S is going where it belongs :D

3. El Monstro De Galleta

El Monstro De Galleta Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Ram is a fun tank.
    That Pz4s seems like it could be ok but that asking price is way too high. And that's why it does not sell

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    It looks good on paper, that's why I bought it. In practice though... D:

5. Sle91

Sle91 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Farewell Rammy. :)

6. El Monstro De Galleta

Credit:
    Got ya Aaddron. I had the old Pz4 way back when it was that thing at T5. Was fun.
    If it was say 2000 Gold I would consider getting it on sale. No more then that.

7. axwellshm

axwellshm Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
  8. Aaddron

Credit:
    Indeed, heck it might be worth it cheap just because it looks like a tie fighter xD

9. El Monstro De Galleta

Credit:
    Yeah Aaddron. They really should just lower the price to get sales. Removing it makes no sense. It's just a digital product with no real cost at this point to WG.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
    I don't understand it either other than "hey it's going away forever* so buy now!" increases sales because people want it before it's gone. Like you say it's not a physical product so making it costs them nothing anymore, they aren't restrained by inventory... it's unlimited! It just makes no sense to remove these.

*it'll be back for another leaving forever sale soon

11. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    the word is buy buy buy ---no i will not buy ! :)

12. Aaddron

Credit:
    They are only doing it because people support it, if we don't buy them maybe they will stop removing tanks.

13. Hawx1990SRBIJA

Hawx1990SRBIJA Iron Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    No they didn't implemented any new tanks. The only one implemented in last 2 patches is T-54 prototype or whatever does it called, and before that was CDC and STA-2, i cant remember last low tier premium tank they implemented. When i shovel a bit through my memory i think it was Su 85i, 5,6 patches ago.

My opinion why are they removing tanks is that they are either OP (Type 59) or they are garbage (like T14, Tog 2, Sexton 1...) and want to implement tanks that are the same (like IS-2 berlin, ISU-122, T-34-85 Rudy, Fury) or better (Cromwell B) than standard vehicles so old players want to buy them even though they have already premium tank for that type and nation. War Thunders premium vehicles are mostly better than standard vehicles, Armored warfare is doing that too, so WG will do it too. And to have icing on the cake they are making Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V premium tanks exclusive so you cant wait for discounts and you have to pay with real money even though you have bunch of gold.

When are we going, and will we going to get replacements, that will stay in game to buy for gold, for tier 5 or lower tanks i dont know, maybe, but not any time soon. But we will get more clones that can be bought only for real money before them 100% (that is mine presumption).

14. Aaddron

Credit:
    O Wargaming, how you love thy money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.