1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Blizzard now offer alternate heroes for the current classes in Hearthstone

Discussion in 'Trading Card Games' started by brankomiljus20, Jun 4, 2015.

1. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Player will be able to buy new heroes for all classes, purchase can be done only with real money. Purchasing new heroes will be something like skins for class, so spells and gameplay wont be changed.

Magni Bronzebeard, the king of the Ironforge dwarves in Warcraft lore, is the first new hero to be revealed and will cost $10/£7, allowing you to use him as an alternate hero for the Warrior class.
    VIDEO: New Hearthstone Hero: Magni Bronzebeard

For more details click HERE

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I don't like they cost money but I suppose they gotta make it somehow. I think this is a good way to mix it up though without adding a ton of new classes.

3. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Yes. Hearthstone is pay to win game, definitely..

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    It's not, you can't pay to win, it's impossible. Everything can be unlocked without paying, it'll take a while but it's possible. Player A unlocks everything via free gold, Player B just buys it all, Player B has no advantage over A as it's the exact same stuff. The game would be pay to win if Player B could pay for extra turns, remove duplicate card count, auto draw X card etc, Hearthstone doesn't have any of that.

5. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Only difference is that ppl who unlock things with money can get stuff earlier, but eventually everything is same.
    However it would be nice if Blizzard change their mind and allow this to be purchased for gold.
    Personally its same to me, but i think that many other players would like that

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    They might be, so far everything else has been so it seems likely they will.

7. Mikasa Ackerman

Mikasa Ackerman MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    Heroes Emerge: New Hearthstone Heroes Are Coming!

[​IMG]

“Well, look who it is!”

Some new faces have just shown up at the inn! Hearthstone®: Heroes of Warcraft is happy to welcome new Heroes as they pull up a chair at the game table!

These new Heroes put a fresh face on the classes you know and love, and bring along some unique surprises of their own.

These new Hearthstone Heroes will feature beautifully detailed animated Hero portraits, including all-new art never before seen in the Blizzard universe. The first new Hero we’re introducing is a famed Warrior—the mighty King of Ironforge himself, Magni Bronzebeard!

[​IMG] Aside from the vibrant new Hero portrait artwork, these new Heroes also come with unique Hero power animations. Magni’s version of the Warrior’s “Armor Up!” Hero Power is sure to reinforce the fact that his majesty is not to be trifled with! New Heroes also come with unique emotes and voices that convey their individual personalities, a play area featuring a custom visual theme, and nifty “entering the game” animations so you can greet (or intimidate) your next opponent in style.

If that wasn’t enough, new Heroes also come with a unique card back that will impress even the mightiest of dwarven kings! The steadfast “Magni” card back is added to your collection immediately after purchasing the Magni Bronzebeard Hero, and can be used with any deck of your choice.
    [​IMG]

New Heroes will be available for purchase from the in-game Shop for $9.99 USD! Usurp the traitorous Garrosh Hellscream and bring down the hammers of dwarven justice with Magni Bronzebeard; the first new Warrior Hero for Hearthstone—coming soon!

Source

8. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    The two new Hearthstone Heroes have been unveiled as the mighty

MAGE: Medivh
    HUNTER: Alleria Windrunner

Cost of new heroes should be $10

9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Yeah $10, kinda pricey though.

10. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I never was a fan from skins .... so useless .... $10 for nothing ... for a picture :)

11. Aaddron

Credit:
    People love customization, anything to be different. I don't really get cosmetics either but people love this kind of stuff. Another angle would be like a Marvel fan buying Spiderman because it's their favorite hero. Fans like that of Warcraft exist and I'm sure they'd love their favorite characters.

I think it's kinda expensive for what it is. For $10 I think I'd rather the different character include a different hero power... which would be annoying for balancing but at least it'd make it a better value.