1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for Xenforo Forum

Discussion in 'Ogres Hall' started by Aaddron, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Volnus

Volnus Developer New Ogre

Credit:
    I will look into that as I am not sure if that is supported by Xenforo out of the box or by addon.

2. Garagos

Garagos Clubbed for Chat Rage

Credit:
    Is possible in future we have ''edit'' option for comments ? :)

3. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I also have problem with edit/delete options, dont have them on my posts

Also i cant use "empty search". Wanted to check all posts from all member from yesterday, but i got "Please specify a search query or the name of a member." error, but if i enter one of those two i wont get wanted results. Mby what was also reason why i dont get valid results when i click on "New Posts" to check whats new. I made posts on several threads and when i go to New Posts, they are not on that list

4. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Regarding the edit, I cannot help. What you want from new posts, however, is achievable by a link you would only have seen if you'd viewed every thread in "new posts": http://www.gameogre.com/forums/find-new/posts?recent=1
    Basically, "new posts" shows you every thread that has new posts that you haven't read yet. If nobody posts after you in a thread, it'll not show up in new posts yet.

Also while all of the social media buttons were directed and added to on the Flat Awesome style, remember that none of those changes were replicated on Flat Awesome Dark.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  5. Garagos

Credit:
    I think some of posts were deleted. I am defenetly sure I post in some of threads and now there aren't my posts :)

6. Stefan Lumezi

Stefan Lumezi MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
  7. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    I think that so many threads are or deleted or not moved, dunno wasnt some kind of clean up or something, but i lost over 750+ posts after moving

8. Garagos

Credit:
    Lol, that is really huge amount of post that you lost ... I don't know how many I lost ...

9. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I figured it out, there's an option inside the search under moderator tools to enable that. Not as good as always being enabled, but perfectly functional.

If posts you made in threads have disappeared, that's usually because they were deleted for the same reason they used to be deleted. Almost certainly not a bug.
    The decrease in post count was entirely superficial, the forum move duplicated threads but kept post counts the same, when I was first doing some cleanup I straight out deleted some threads, but since that would have eventually sent most people negative in post count everything else was handled via merging. As you can see, for example, I myself am back below 10k posts which I had achieved a few months or so ago.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  10. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, I can make good on posts and points after the move. Just have an idea of what was lost before contacting me about it:). For example, I put Pure back above 10,000 posts.

11. SulzYee

SulzYee Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
  12. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Mby am missing something, but I dont see direct link from forum to main site.
    Last time when we click on logo we go to main site, now it stay on forum page

13. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Yeah that was changed. A button to the Main Site should maybe be on the top black bar in my opinion. Or change Home to the site homepage since Forum already goes to the forum homepage. Or maybe just change the link on the logo.

14. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, a link to the home page is a good idea:). Especially since it is being improved as well and could also have a store soon:).

Ok, all groups should be able to edit their posts now:). It was a little like the signature problem where it has a number setting. The default is 0 so it is not activated despite the options above it saying it is.

15. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I have some problems with the new site ... its to slow. And I guess I am the only one.
    When I enter the site its ok, but when I want to enter forum it takes literally 2-3 min till I enter the forum.
    Same when I want to write a message on a threat ... its loading few minutes ...
    When I enter a message in a chat, its loading few seconds ... sometimes (yesterday) i got some errors ... today not.

I was waiting few days, maybe its because of uploading some new stuff on the forum ... but after few days its still slow ...
    what to do ?

16. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    What browser do u use, and did u try another one ?

17. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    because I cant edit the post ... its loading in the top right corner 10min now ...
    here is a new post ... -.-

I test the chat... 4 fast messages

1. 24 minutes ago - [​IMG] arZ:
      allala
    2. 23 minutes ago - [​IMG] arZ:
      hello
    3. 22 minutes ago - [​IMG] arZ:
      test

it takes 2 min for 3 fast msg .... the 4th msg is still loading ... and now I got this

The following error occurred
      The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

@branko
      Using mozilla firefox ... didnt try to use another Other web pages are ok ... :/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
  18. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Go download Chrome and try it, mby it work better there

19. SulzYee

SulzYee Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Maybe it is problem in cookies and all that things, try to delete is with program called "CCleaner" or any other...

20. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    How about now? Seems silky smooth for everybody else:).