1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

GameOgre.com's Forum's Eighth Year Birthday

Discussion in 'Ogres Hall' started by ogreman, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Yes, it has been that long since this forum first started:). We may have finally changed the Vbulletin software in 2015 to Xenforo but the forum continues on. Obviously, a great deal has changed during that time. During the past 8 years, many members, giveaways, and features have all come and gone and come back again lol. Have learned and experienced so much, considered writing a book on it:).

To celebrate, we will be giving away forum points and a chance at a random Steam Game from the Shop:). The Steam game will go to the one who best answers the questions below.

For 100 points each, answer the following questions.

1. How long have you been on the forum?
    2. What has been your best experience here?
    3. How would you improve GameOgre.com further?

This celebration will stay open until April 10th:).

2. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    1. am here about 22 month
    2. There are many best things some of them are
    Participating OGT, i had so much fun and laugh there.
    Being able to share my knowledge about games and learn new stuff.
    3. From top of my mind: by staying here for a long time, and continue helping ppl to understand forum and site better.
    Understanding forum is best way for ppl to stay and explore forum even more.
    Adding new guides, videos, mby even games again, continue moderate forums where i have power to do that
    Overall, with my presence here

Aaddron likes this.
  3. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    1. 4 years! :p
    2. Like branko,OGT I love the games we play and I enjoy playing with other people :)
    3.Adding more forums,sub-forums and topics, discussions and giving even more options on where to post! As well as putting more ogre flash games :joyful
    also could make them like classic games ;)! And could also add more ranks and/or profile options. :happy

Aaddron likes this.
  4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    1. The Forum's Age - Two Weeks.

2. I have so many good (best) experiences here... way too many to list here, heck even remembering them all would prove a challenge so it makes the most sense to go with what started it all, working with Ogreman. It's been a long time, lots of things happened, mostly good and of course some bad... nothing is perfect but seriously on the whole though it's been one of the most interesting experiences of my life. Certainly an awesome friendship too. I would not have guessed any of this 8 years ago and now here we are just 2 years off doing this for a decade!

To put that in perspective back then Android was basically just code and while the iPhone was out the App Store didn't exist yet! Smartphones were cumbersome and a pipe dream. Tablets were still heavy Windows PCs. YouTube was just 3 years old. GameOgre was blue!

Anyways it's just amazing to me. For all that is right here and all the good things that have happened, I'd definitely not be on this site still if it was not for Ogreman. I really respect the way he runs the site and is so easy to work with. It's a very important part of why the site is still here after all these years.

3. I'd like to see more content, videos and blog posts especially. Original if possible.

Fun Facts:

The forum's birthday has been celebrated on 3 different dates.
    The first post was on April 6th.
    Ogreman was 2nd in posting at one point.
    In the first year 3k (give or take a few) was the highest post total.
    Chat was added 2 years in... which seems crazy now, dark times indeed.

brankomiljus20 likes this.
  5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Great start to this! I love reading these:).

300 points sent to each.

One thing to really note about Aaddron is his member number:). With all the members we have had in this forum, having #23 and still being here is a true feat that I highly respect:).

Yea, we need to see about a skin or something with Blue lol. I would not mind going back to that in a couple of areas.

Yep, videos and blog posts are going to be two of the top focuses in 2016. Hope to also bring the old review directory (hey, that could be blue) back so we can add more games again:). Old faithful is still better at somethings over newer and fancier programs lol.

6. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    1. How long have you been on the forum?
    I have been here for almost 20 months.

2. What has been your best experience here?
    My best experience has been... registering to this amazing community. That was definitely a good choice. I met a lot of cool people here and learned bunch of things about different stuff like games, anime, computers, sports,... Ogre Game Time was always fun to watch, even tho I didn't always had an opportunity to join, because of my PC and internet, but I still had lots of fun. I liked discussing things with everybody in chat and forums, but my best experience here were League of Legends Team, League of Legends Tournaments, Ogre Wars and all the contest other people and I leaded. I really had a great time and I like how my English was improved a little bit, thanks to everybody here. :)

3. How would you improve GameOgre.com further?
    I am not the best decision maker and leader, but I would find a way to bring more active members. Idk what else I would do, because the forums seems perfect this way. :)

brankomiljus20 and Aaddron like this.
  7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Points sent:).

That's actually one of those be careful what you wish for type of things lol. For example, had a few pointing that out and then changed their tune when all the Serbians came in from that video:). My advice on that has always been to enjoy it and give a reason for others to stay rather than regularly bringing up a perception of not enough members with no solution. The result is that doing it that way nearly always turns out to be a negative despite your best intentions.

Now coming up with a good way to bring in new members that will stay longer is a completely different story:).

8. Grawl

Grawl MLG King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    1.I joined this forum in June 2015 and now is March 2016 so it is about 9 months

2.For me participating in Top of the World Game Event,that is something interesting and cool for me,because when you win, you will be awarded with points and medal :D.

3.So far so good, but maybe I would add something new for getting points faster like Ogre Quests or Answering Trivia Questions :),that is all

Aaddron likes this.
  9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
  10. Cybat

Cybat Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    1. I have joined this community at feb 3.2016. even tho it has been only 2 months it feels like i have been here for much longer for some reason :D
    2.My best experiences for now are participations in tournaments and leading one of them :)
    3.Im not quite sure about that, maybe more sorts of tournaments, events and stuff. there is always a way to improve. its still pretty good as it is for now imo :)

Grawl, ogreman and Aaddron like this.
  11. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Nice, points sent:).

12. JBC

JBC Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    1. I have been on gameogre since jan 15 2015
    2. The best thing on here oh boi! earning second place in a league tournament or winning a Hearthstone tournament or even the community
    3. I think that it should be easier to get higher ranks like if you stay active and post sometimes but not like that you have to post like 1 k to get royal but else i thinks its pretty good here

Aaddron likes this.
  13. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Points sent, JBC:).

14. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    Can I still post this?:p it is 12th of april?

15. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, go ahead:). We can close it this weekend.

16. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Will close this Sunday or Monday.

17. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    1. How long have you been on the forum? I have been on forum1 year and 1 month and 9 days
    2. What has been your best experience here? My best experience on this forum is community,so friendly and communicating,i really like speaking on English(which is main reason why I am here,to bring my English on high level),other good things are that you can get help about anything you are interested for,to speak about everything,that possibility is best
    3. How would you improve GameOgre.com further? I would improve it,hmm,i don't know,maybe add some more known games in shop? I wouldn't change forum ,as forum,but I would definitely change shop and ways of earning points,but,nevermind,this forum isn't made for giving games for little effort,his main duty is to talk about games,which he has been doing very well :)

I almost forgot on this thread,again....

Aaddron likes this.
  18. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Points on the way:).

Aaddron wins the Steam Game with the best overall answers:).

Ok, that closes this thread. Thanks to all who participated:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.