1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Fable Legends cancelled - Lionhead Studios to close?

Discussion in 'Game News' started by Thedarkboy, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I actually just read about this, but apparently about a month ago it was announced that Fable Legends has been cancelled due to Microsoft's decision and they also proposed the closure of the developers, Lionhead Studios. The company's closure has not been officially announced yet, but Microsoft is "in discussions with employees" about the closure of Lionhead Studios. The following message was published at the official Fable Legends website:

"Today we announced that we have made the difficult decision to cease development on Fable Legends, and are in discussions with employees about the proposed closure of Lionhead Studios. These decisions were not made lightly, nor do they reflect the talent of the studio, rather they are taking effect as Microsoft Studios continues to focus its investment and development on the games and franchises that fans find most exciting and engaging to play.

We want to thank all the players who participated in the closed beta and who helped with the development of Fable Legends.

For more information, please visit the Xbox website".

2. Thedarkboy

Credit:
    I was incredibly surprised about the news when I read about it. I loved playing the first two fable games, and to see that the franchise has most likely died is quite sad to be honest. I'm not sure whether the company is going to close or not, but it all just feels weird. Fable Legends, which was supposed to be F2P was a game that I had looked forward towards and it saddens me a little that the project turned out this way.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Yup. It wasn't looking good however a new rumor surfaced:

So it's possible the game could still see the light of day. Honestly this isn't too much of a surprise to me, the original Fable still remains the overall best, 2 wasn't bad and took some steps forward but took some back too. 3 was just all over the place. Legends has taken way too long to come out. They just haven't been able to put out a good Fable game in a good while now. It sucks because Fable had so much potential, hopefully this is not the end of the IP and someone returns it to it's roots.

4. Thedarkboy

Credit:
    Ah, I haven't read about that rumor. I agree that the franchise went downhill after the second game, but I still expected big stuff from Fable Legends, as it was supposed to be the game to bring back the franchise to its old standards as the first Fable game of the next-gen consoles. I'm still hoping that the game will end up being released after all, although at this moment I don't know what to expect from it.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Hopefully they will be able to put it out. I'm nervous about the whole F2P thing but I wanna at least give it a chance. Testers have said it's pretty fun so who knows.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Lionhead has now officially closed. :(

7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Out of the ashes (and officially licensed from Microsoft) comes a digital Fable Card Game on Kickstarter - Fable Fortune - A Fable CCG with Co-op, PvP & Questing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.