1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 5 is Reportedly Set in World War I

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games' started by srxygen, Feb 27, 2016.

1. srxygen

srxygen Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    [​IMG]

The upcoming Battlefield 5 is reportedly going to be set in World War I, according to a Swiss retail site.

The listing on Wog.ch claims that Battlefield 5, the next entry in the FPS series from developer Dice, will be released on October 26th on PS4, Xbox One and PC, but the most intriguing piece of information is that it will be a tactical shooter set in World War I.

Since Battlefield 2 the mainline Battlefield series has focused solely on modern and futuristic military combat, with it never having tackled World War I before. If this retail listing is to be believed, then this could soon be set to change.
    [​IMG]

While publisher EA hasn't officially announced the game yet, this would certainly be a nice change of pace for the military shooter genre. With Call of Duty continuing to take players further into the future, turning back the clocks should help Dice differentiate Battlefield from its biggest rival, with many having called for the genre to return to its old-school roots over the past few years.

2. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    I really like world war thematic games

3. fr0zen

fr0zen Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I really like that game and i soo hapy :);)

4. IgorBro

IgorBro Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I soo happy i love all bf games! :)

5. LootarVpro

LootarVpro Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    I love new games with old theme action
    It will be nice to play, like old cod 1 or 2

HaNnIbAl_ likes this.
  6. HaNnIbAl_

HaNnIbAl_ Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    I kinda like this game so im glad that they made it in ww1

7. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I feel like there's so many games already based in ww1 or ww2

8. Well for first-person shooters and some other shooters, that's usually the case. World War I and World War II are usually regarded as some of the biggest wars in history, especially in modern history where more modern and recognized weapons are used. Wouldn't really make sense for shooter games to be colonial or medieval, and some of the best games like Wolfenstein, Call of Duty, and World of Tanks have settings around that time period. I don't think it's bad that Battlefield 5 is set in World War I, but I definitely don't see the game becoming sci-fi or more historical.

9. Deku1

Deku1 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    rly good game inc :D