1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

This is good pc for gaming?

Discussion in 'Gaming PC' started by ZareFTW, Oct 3, 2015.

1. ZareFTW

ZareFTW Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    CPU: Intel i3 4130 3.4 ghz
    GPU: Nvidia gtx750
    RAM: 4Gb
    HDD: 250GB SDD
    And what I can Play?

2. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Well that's one fine PC. Maybe if you could upgrade your RAM and... not sure about other components. You can definitely play MMORPGs with it so... Try some like TERA, Skyforge 2 and Neverwinter.

3. ZareFTW

Credit:
    Thanks for the advice. :)

4. CedvitaGO2

CedvitaGO2 Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I don't think you can play games on very high but i am sure you can play a lot of games on Medium/low graphics with ok fps.

5. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Maybe not very high, but High is an option. Also, if you have only one game opened at the time, you will have better performances.

CedvitaGO2 likes this.
  6. NeuspeliAbortus

NeuspeliAbortus MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    game ogre.png game ogre 2.png game ogre 3.png wanna see if your cpu is good for some game ?
    1st step type your cpu and game debate in google
    2nd step scroll down and type game u want in section can i run it
    3rd step click check (green sign - good,yellow - medium,grey-low,red X - cant run it

7. ZareFTW

Credit:
    Thanks! :3

8. Septera

Septera Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    I would just upgrade your RAM , rest of it seams ok :)

9. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Sooo this is essentially my setup. My processor is low power tho so clocked a little slower and my graphics card isn't exactly the same but isn't too much more than yours. You'll want to upgrade to 8gb of RAM, do it with two 4gb's rather than one 8gb if possible. Otherwise you should be pretty good. It should run everything. Max settings will push it and tend to run under 30FPS at 1080p for the newest titles (like say Witcher 3) but I have yet to find a game where turning down some settings you couldn't get at least 30FPS and usually 60FPS. Your experiences may vary though.

So yeah, it's not a max machine but it'll run everything... sometimes turning down stuff is needed but so far pretty much everything still look awesome. I haven't had to go below medium yet in any game.

Also games, websites etc will sometimes recommend minimum settings, heck even Geforce Experience will recommend it because the i3 4130 is dual core so games will lump it in with the other dual cores aka usually below the quad core recommended spec. However the i3 4130 has hyperthreading which allows it to process like a quad core and more power than the standard dual core of old.

The last thing I'll note as I've run into it myself is i3 has a bit of a stigma in the PC gaming community. It's by no means some kind of miracle processor no but it's not as bad as most people will have you think. They'll be quick to say it won't work at all, run bad etc etc. In my experience will this processor, it's not been that bad at all. It definitely could use a boost, it's not completely ideal for gaming but it hasn't been completely choking either. It's held up.

If you have any plans to livestream/record you'll want something better unless you're OK with shadowplay. For new games the processor won't have enough left over most of the time. Shadowplay does a really fine job though if you don't need the advanced settings of a set program.

10. SeNtRiK

SeNtRiK Banned

Credit:
    Thanks. :)

11. SreckosGames

SreckosGames Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
  12. djordje jockov

djordje jockov Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    70% game on medium settings

13. whitepaper

whitepaper Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    It's good but you can't play games on very high, but on high or medium you can