1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Crowfall, videos & open beta (free tests) info

Discussion in 'Sandbox Games' started by JamesGoblin, Apr 28, 2016.

1. JamesGoblin

JamesGoblin Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    [​IMG]
    Crowfall
    is incoming PvP MMORPG in cartoony style - to enable battles with hundreds of players, with lots of physics and voxel building / destruction. Frequent changes of sex/class/race will be likely - account is tied to crow-spirit, so after death you fly to find a new body!?

Game already has more than $7M of budget, 120 000 registered supporters and open beta (free tests) is announced for this winter, all required is just registration on the site. You can check it's IGN Wiki for more details about the game, and here are some early player-made videos (the footage is still very rough, pre-alpha):

The game will have very strong RTS feel - strategy, politics & economy will matter as much as - if not more than - individual player skill. It is, IMO accurately, described as "Game of Thrones meets EVE Online".

Also, you will be able to physically build your own kingdom (and to set game rules in it, including taxes to other players and turning PvP on/off) by playing Tetris!?! Here is how early tests of that building tool look like.

[​IMG]

PS Here is an Imgur album with hundreds of images and screenshots (all credits to Handies from Crowfall forums). Also, feel free to ask whatever you want - I'll try to stick around if anyone has questions.

2. JamesGoblin

Credit:
    A short comic about death, when spirit flies to find new body (it can be of different sex or class):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and while I'm here, Minotaur is just added to player tests - this is a kind of official tutorial:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  3. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    1st video was that some kind of invasion mode, or arena ?

4. JamesGoblin

Credit:
    It was one of first tests of sieges (voxel destruction), and due to small number of players in alpha tests it is rather small scale - it looks like MOBA. The game is going for servers with 1-2000 concurrent players and there will be no arenas or battlegrounds - besides sieges, skirmishes and PvP hotspots will likely happen around resource spawn points.

While I'm here, a quick intro to player made kingdoms (procedural generation), stronghold size comparison (these will also be made by players, from towers, wall sections etc. - click image to enlarge), bestiary and, say, ItsZiz's video about Druid:

5. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    hm it seems nice,i will google it

JamesGoblin likes this.
  6. JamesGoblin

Credit:
    Couple new videos, starting with alpha test combat by ItsZiz:

...then recent alpha-test preview by TheLazyPeon (first 100 seconds is game intro, you can skip it if you know the story):

...and this is what you get by mixing Van Helsing with guinea pig (!) and giving it stealth:

7. whitepaper

whitepaper Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Nice presentation i like it, game looks pretty nice..
    Also, i have watched a couple of videos and i'm impressed, good work.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  8. ognjen1231

ognjen1231 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Nice prety game keep it going!

JamesGoblin likes this.
  9. JamesGoblin

Credit:
    Thanks folks! Here is couple more, a quick explanation of the hunger:

...and a video about newly introduced crafting & gathering: