1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D GDC Promo Code Giveaway

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by ogreman, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuKiddin06

RuKiddin06 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Well, I looked through this thread, and couldn't find my post, so I'm assuming I posted while the thread was paused. If This is a double post, I'm sorry.

I played Dragonfable a lot when I was younger, and before that I played AdventurQuest - the original. I have always liked the characters AE comes up with. I don't actually remember much of AQ, but I vividly remember questing for my dragon egg in DF. Getting the Black dragon box, only to find your egg missing, tracking it down, and then losing it among some vulture's eggs, and having to use a doom kitten to sort them out. Battling Xan, and Fighting as Warlic. Amassing as many orbs of power as you could, before Sepulchure got his hands on them, which he inevitably would do.

Right now, AQ3D isn't there, but it IS a suitable platform to tell these kinds of stories on. Ashfall Part 1 brought direction and a purpose to the world. I'm hopeful for Ashfall Part 2.

AQ3D is great. I like it. I also like the GDC Blade. would be dope if you shot me a code.

howell0704 and Daniel908 like this.
  2. FangAE

FangAE BamBam

Credit:
    I've been playing AQ3D since the day it was open for the Tech Demo. I've also been playing AE games since their first game release in 2003, (Adventure Quest). AQ3D is by far my favorite MMOPRG they have out. On a scale from 1-10, I give AQ3D a 10. It's awesome. Could I also hget one of the GDC Blade codes please :)

howell0704, Daniel908 and MageFury like this.
  3. Else

Else Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Well this is my review of AQ3D, a free to play MMORPG across PC, MAC, android and iPhone, developed by Artix Entertainment.

The game boasts a medieval whimsical style in tone for its setting and story, with a healthy dose of anime style for its aesthetics that exude charm from both influences. For main quest lines their are animated cutscene featuring your hero and interactions with NPC's can be amusing when the writing decided to become self-aware and silly. The game foregoes realistic graphics in favour of both performance and style; a sword may not have the highest polycount but you'll want it purely because of it epic design, an aspect that AE has always excelled at.
    Whilst currently is in its less refined Beta form it is easy to see the potential the game has and AQ3D is not a game that you so much play but also "grow-up" with as new content and features are always being added to the game.

The combat is your basic bag of real-time combat, simplified for mobile version so it easy to grasp. Your character isn't tied to a specific class as you can swap out classes anytime out of combat. The choice of classes is limited to 4 with only 2 with any real mileage with your standard healing items, but this is merely the starter; in the future we'll be expected to see over 200+ classes.

Levelling is also your standard RPG fair, you gain experience and when you level up you get to wear gear that has better stats.
    However crafting is where you really get the best quality items instead of simply buying them; while daunting at first, gives more meaning to them than their weaker counterparts that can be bought outright. It really encourages and thus motivates you to explore the world. Although the time to finally craft your item you've oh so deserve can be cripplingly long to encourage the use of Dragon Crystal's which can be bought with real money, but that is to be expected for a free mobile game. Dragon Crystal aren't a mandatory currency however and are mainly used to for instantly crafting items, purchasing bank space, buying mounts, some crafting materials that can otherwise be farmed, weaker items and buying basic potions. If a player has the best items, it is because they earned it and didn't pay to win it.

The community for AQ3D are an extremely colourful bunch, especially the developers, you'll most likely run into some Jolly Co-operation with others in one of it many short dungeons or catch a glimpse of an intriguingly bizarre conversation when visiting social spots. AE is a company that rewards the support and input of its player base as items no longer available from the past are usually more coveted that what is always available, so collect as many rare items as you can, you never know who'll want it for bragging rights when item trading becomes available.

If there are any still available, can I please receive code for the GDC sword? I'm a sucker for anything rare!

4. Aricella

Aricella Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Looking back to October when AQ3D's open beta started, I was just a small girl in a little world. It was around Halloween when I created my character and there were many things that caught my eye. The first thing I found was Zorbak, a super cute ebil moglin. He gave me such a giggle that I proceeded to laugh heartily when I reached Sally and her Grampy. Then there was a giant monster named Gorthor who took lots of teamwork to defeat. The area behind him hid a crystal leading me to Battleon Town.

What I like most about this game is the amount of social activity there is. No matter where you are, there is always someone friendly to chat with even on your worst days. Sure the game may be lacking now, but the amount of work AE has put into this game keeps me on my toes every single update.

5. Hannibal710

Hannibal710 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The thing I like most about AQ3D is that it's a brand new game so it's going to be awesome watching it grow I love being a "founder" on ae's new games because they always find a way to reward those who have been there a while and watching a game change and grow is amazingly fun

6. Acno

Acno Ogre Newling

Credit:
    It is a good game where you can have a lot of fun, meet new friends and have banter on. I joined through my friend and I don't regret playing it. The mods and admins of the game always talk to you on twitter and you can talk about the game with them and is different compared to other games I played. I hoped you enjoyed reading what i thought of the game.

7. Fireskull

Fireskull Ogre Newling

Credit:
    This is my thoughts on aq3D.
    Although it's still in beta with such a small team compared to other companies they have made considerable progress and still listen to the community. They have special events for holidays (even though it's still beta). The combat is rather smooth and simple with a few bugs here and there. The questing can be abit repetitive but still pretty fun, the storyline so far in ashfall is really good (ashfall is a area in the game). All in all aq3D is a great game with great potential as it merges the communities of PC and mobile together and creates one big awesome community.

8. BlissfulTrauma

BlissfulTrauma BamBam

Credit:
    I wasn't aware of the new rule implementation, so this will be my second post to this thread. (sorry if this causes issues, my editing time limit expired.)

I've been playing AE games since 2010 (not too old, but enough for some recognition) and fell in love with AQW since IT WAS THE ONLY GAME MY COMPUTER COULD RUN. As for AQ3D, I was incredibly skepticle in its early stage about it's growth and quantity of players who would show interest. It seemed as if everyone was saying "it's terrible" in one sense or another. Buuuuut, my friend showed me a screenshot of her character during Halloween and it appealed me enough to try it. (Now I play almost every day, thanks friend x.x) I'm glad it's available for mobile, because I only play it on that. It's nice to hop into bed during the end of the day and explore the world of AQ3D which is astonishingly becomming more and more ravishing with each update. I also hate missing out on rares/limited quantity items, (the regrets afscmjxjabxks) which is why I'm here to ask for a code! Surprising, I know.

9. Vanacan

Vanacan Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Personally i enjoy the game because i like the story. I am a big fan of AQ original, and ive seen that grow up with me. Simple, enjoyable story, that got turned into a fully fleshed out world with characters that seemed real. Plenty of humor and moments of sheer stupidity, but at the same time we had the characters themselves grow up. Galanoth is the typical vengeance seeker, living in a world of black and white. Eventually he ends up learning to live with the dragons that arent bent on destroying the world, its still his passion but its not consuming him any more. Just an example of how characters grow up to reflect the world around them, but more importantly i am looking forward to being with this story from the start and moving forward again. I missed a lot of the earliest things on the first AQ game, and fell out of touch in highschool. I want to keep sticking around with this one.

10. King Kane

King Kane Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    The most enjoyable aspect for me is looking awsome and AQ3d let's us equip a range of gear that allows us to personalise our appearance. My personal favorite is the Blood armor mixed with some of my Guardian gear.
    The game is instantly addictive as the door to grinding up levels is open from the start. Many of us are guilty of taking advantage of the huge EXP gains at the Bridge but this is the sort of grinding that brought us closer together. Now we can show off a pretty special and rare sword thanks to Gameogre. Did I mention the Gold detail on the hilt? Pretty sweet, can't wait. Hoping to recieve a code like everyone else. See you in Battalion and don't be a stranger.
    King Kane

11. Nicobolas

Nicobolas Ogre Newling

Credit:
    may I please have one of the gdc codes.
    this game rocks. ive played since the tech demo and like where is going so far hope they keep doing a good job, I hope they continue on putting out good story telling clips it adds a lot to the game.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  12. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Keep in mind new rules apply.

howell0704, e180391 and Daniel908 like this.
  13. AkihikoSanada

AkihikoSanada Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Okay, so i have to talk about Aq3d, well, aq3d is not just a game for me.. it is my new growing world. AQW, the browser mmo has been my childhood. AE games I love their games, no pay to play. As an open beta tester, I will stand and battle on forever with this growing world as I raise this blade gracefully. Please, I need the GDC code.. too far for an asian to go to the conference.

14. Eppidiah

Eppidiah Ogre Newling

Credit:
    AdventureQuest 3D has alot going for it. Great humor, snappy dialog, fun events and easy to get into gameplay are just some of the great qualities of this game. This is one of the few games I can run on my PC and then play on the go with my android tablet using the same account. The free-to-play model is not too restrictive, allowing you to unlock new classes and expand storage if you wish, but the game is completely playable for free if you choose. The game is also very casual friendly and I like the fact that I can have fun and achieve my goals without it becoming a grind or job like some other MMOs. I like what the developers are doing here and I hope more people pick up the game.

15. Whann_Nik

Whann_Nik Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    AQ3D is a fun game especially for the Cross platform.. This makes easier to i play and to play with friends too :) also the game is constantly evolving and is very clear and fluid, what's make the game even more Nice to play! I request the GDC Blade code to looks cool like my stronger friends xD thanks!

16. Calvin

Calvin Ogre Newling

Credit:
    One reason i like aq3d is because i get to meet people in game and become friends with them. another reason why i like aq3d is because i played all of artix entertainmentʻs games so i just wanted to keep playing them because they are so cool ^^. so may i get a code please? :)

17. Trippy

Trippy Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hey game ogre may i please be granted a Gdc code and maybe warbrand stuff if you have any extra codes xD i played aqw since 2008 and im trying to be a big collector for aq3D this would be awesome for my collection, and also i need it for looks ;) i would be super appreciative if you gave me one ❤️ Thanks Ogre !

18. Xyfierre

Xyfierre Ogre Newling

Credit:
    AQ3D has all the great elements of what a good MMORPG has. A perfect blend of eye-popping graphics and game-content ensures hours of playback. It's basically not a pay-to-win game, has loads of pun-intended cutscenes and community-oriented devs and mods. (Seriously, I've never seen games that can match the wittyness of these guys.) What's more? The game isn't even live yet! More power to the AE team and GameOgre!

19. BalDrakoFountAQ3D

BalDrakoFountAQ3D BamBam

Credit:
    May I receive a GDC Blade code, I will wait patiently until I am given it.
    What I like the most about AQ3D is that it is able to show nostalgia in a different and more interesting light through unique maps, monster designs, items, and NPCs
    What I like the second most about AQ3D is that the story has a much more mature theme while managing to retain the light hearted humor that previous installments had. I have been playing AE games since April 16 2011 and It would have an utmost significance in my perspective.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  20. Syeas

Syeas MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    AQ3D is Artix Entertainment's newest game-child. It's a cross-platform MMORPG that is continuously expanding and upgrading.
    Positives:
    -) Made by AE: there will be lots of future content/features
    -) Cross-platform: makes playing with friends easier
    -) Summon Word: WHY DID NOBODY THINK OF THIS BEFORE
    -) Lots of nostalgia
    -) Takes pretty low space
    -) Easily run on most devices

Negatives:
    -) Lots of bugs
    -) Classes are somewhat broken
    -) Multiple typos and contradictions in the storyline quests
    -) Less customization: everyone looks more-or-less the same
    -) Dungeons have issues

Overall AQ3D has a lot of potential, it has a lot of features nobody thought up before and its pretty unique due to it cross-platform. The community is pretty fun. The other players are somewhat rude at times but its a fun game to just chill-out and hang around in. The game has lots of gear even though it has just gone into Open-Beta some time ago. Some of the bugs are really fun (i think they put them there on purpose) so I'm looking forward to playing this game with a GDC blade

BATTLEON!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.