1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Super Mario Maker!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Consoles' started by Crownknight, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    So,even though I haven't got the game yet, I absolutely love it! It is just a blank canvas at the start but you can slowly create puzzles,classic levels,bosses,troll levels,auto levels,push right to win levels,music levels, and quiz levels! Here are some of those awesome levels you should really check out! :)

Super Mario Maker - Puzzle Level Yumpman

HyperGamer likes this.
  2. Zalb33

Zalb33 DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Lmao i know that im kinda late but i played it and the game is awesome. The fact that you actualy can play some levels that are in style of some old Mario games (like the first one or that one when Yoshi appeared (I forgot it's name)) , it's just 3cool5me ... The idea of making levels , publishing them and letting others play your masterpiece is just amazing.... You can play others levels too :D
    The only "minus" to the game is that 70% of the levels are troll levels and that sucks... A lot....(it's not the game, as I said the idea is amazing but people are just getting boring with those troll levels.No puzzles, no fun, no adventure and NOT ORIGINAL (that means I can actualy expect what the troll is like the fake door trick))
    P.S. This is only my opinion on troll levels so dont get triggered , offended or something....

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  3. whitepaper

whitepaper Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I have played it, its a cool game and a lot of leves are avaible and its never boring always something to do

4. Crownknight

Credit:
    Someone replied, yay! At this point I actually HAVE the game, and can make my very own levels! (Which I do, I've created 11 so far.) And as you (probably) know, you can get stars from making courses! I have 78 stars myself! And yes, the game NEVER gets boring... endless possibilities! And of course, trolls.

5. NeSsQQuiCk

NeSsQQuiCk Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I have never played it and I hope I will get the chance to try it at least once :D childhood memoriesssssss

6. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Here is Dunkey's video:

7. Crownknight

Credit:
    :D
    Yeah, you definitely should try it out. :)

8. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Might pick it up eventually. Nintendo Platformers don't agree with me for some reason so have held off, I really like the creative side to it though. Not sure if I'll get it on Wii U or 3DS, though Wii U has vastly better sharing system so maybe that's the way to go.

9. Ranko

Ranko Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    I will love to buy on 3ds and maybe on wiiu i watched lots of youtubers playing mario maker and they say that it is awsome game

10. Crownknight

Credit:
    Indeed it is. :) I have it on 3DS myself. It's awesome except that you can't share levels; only through Streetpass. (A 3DS function.)

11. Aaddron

Credit:
    It's really lame they did it that way, maybe a technical limitation... idk, just seems like a weird decision otherwise.

12. HyperGamer

HyperGamer MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    awesome. I'd like to make them too when I have the time :(

13. Heroquesthero

Heroquesthero Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Don't get it on 3ds. It doesn't have online

14. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Super Mario Maker (Wii U version) is an amazing game. Not only do you get the freedom of choice to create your own levels and upload them, but you also get to play other people's levels where the variety of creativity is exploding.

Some of what I enjoy about the game:
    1. The 100 Mario Challenge can be fun, preferably playing on Expert and Super Expert for a bit of challenge. Sometimes you get bad levels that troll you or super hard levels, but the 100 Mario Challenge always allows you to skip a level if you want to.
    2. Super hard levels (kaizo levels) are fun to watch, but I wouldn't invest time on playing through them because they're of course difficult.
    3. Puzzle levels can be interesting to play and watch, especially puzzles that are built around an entire concept. One-screen puzzles seem to be the best kind of puzzles because you can visualize every component of the level and get an understanding of how to complete a level.
    4. Music levels are actually quite interesting. Some don't serve a challenge and some do, but listening to music created by song blocks can actually be enjoyable.

I do wish Super Mario Maker for 3DS was as great as Super Mario Maker for the Wii U. It lacks a search feature, you can't upload levels for others to play, and there are other limitations that prevent the 3DS version from being fun.

Aaddron likes this.
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Great write up, well said!