1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Best Free MMORPG?

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by Rile, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    I'd have to agree with thetree83. Currently since I am playing it. Runes of Magic is one of the good free ones. I am on, with one of my toons, nearing level 30 on both class combo's, and I still haven't ran out of quests, nor spent a dime on a gamecard.

Three times my quest log was maxed to 30. 30 is the most quest one can carry in there log, and still I seen alot of NPC's in areas given out quests.

I am not saying RoM is the best MMORPG but it deffently is one of the top free ones.

2. Asperi

Asperi BamBam

Credit:
    Kingdom heroes imo

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Why do you think it's the best?

4. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    LMAO Runescape in just about every post. I can't stand the game, no offence Fanboy guys and gals of runescape. I think the Best free MMO of all time IMO is Runes of Magic. Do to a whole lot less grindding then Perfect World, Shaiya, and Last Chaos.

DISCLAIMER Runes of Magic can be free from level 1 to caps level 58 if you want it to be. If you want to speed the process up and have generaly end game content updated gear weapons, and most important a permananet Mount instead of renting one with game gold. you must utilize there Item Mall. (I.E) with game cards that can be purchased at Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Targets, and 7elevens, or credit card purchases of game Diamonds.

Edit: Disclaimer post is for people scanning the boards for information of Free MMORPG's to try out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2010
  5. Catfish

Catfish BamBam

Credit:
    Currently playing the best free MMORPG i have seen on the web. It's called Starport: Galactic Empires. Starport is a space game, and your goal is to earn experience through fighting, colonizing planets, and invading other people's planets. You can choose to play solo, or join a corporation and play with others. Starport uses a "warp fuel" system to limit how much a person can do, since nearly all tasks require some warp fuel. However, there are also many different servers to accommodate to your available time and playing style, such as the high fuel regen servers, for those who have more time and playing experience, and low fuel regen servers, for those of us who can only play for an hour or two.

Starport: Galactic Empires is different than most free mmorpg's. It is based not on how much time you put into the game (leveling up, etc.) but rather how skillfully you control your ship. It is completely free, and just takes one quick download, located at Download | Starport: Galactic Empires - The Best Free Online Space Game. You can also visit the home page at Starport: Galactic Empires - The Best in Free Online Space Games.

6. Zusorpehiel

Zusorpehiel BamBam

Credit:
    MMA tycoon
    Cybernations
    Lordempires

those are the top 3 i spend most time on

7. swifty1949

swifty1949 BamBam

Credit:
    Starport is the Best

8. swifty1949

swifty1949 BamBam

Credit:
  9. johnalex10

johnalex10 Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    Id have to say MY personal favourite right now is split between three games - For fps, it would be Wolf Team by Aeria games, for its ownageness, for other games it'd be Project Torque, also by Aeria games, but for more time consuming games etc. It'd be Mabinogi, by Nexon. I'd say runescape in this list, but right now im not really playing it im just kinda building my funds up.

10. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Right now the only MMORPG I'm really playing is World of Kung Fu so I'd say that.

11. busterowns

busterowns Ogre Newling

Credit:
    runes of magic buut when i was updating it my computer said it had a virus

12. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Vary slim chance that it is actually a virus, most likely a false alarm, lots of people play RoM if updating caused a virus there would be a lot of people complaining right now, updates are from the Dev I doubt they would intentionally put a virus out to all it's users as it would kill the cash flow.

13. Death_Marine

Death_Marine BamBam

Credit:
    12 sky 2 is a pretty good game

14. Xavator

Xavator Clubbed For Multiple Accounts

Credit:
    Grand Fantasia.

I haven't got time to try out the many other online games out there that are F2P, maybe during breaks or long holidays. Right now, I just stick to one or two. lol.

15. CloudStrife4564

CloudStrife4564 MMORPGer

Credit:
    splashfighters and getamped 2 all the way

16. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I like Holy Beast, Perfect World, and Ether Saga.

17. Thylacine

Thylacine BamBam

Credit:
    All Free MMO's demand some kind of payment as you play them >.<

18. johnalex10

Credit:
    Right now im tossing between Runescape and Twelve sky 2 again, i kinda quit mabinogi after making a mil or 2 in a day, it bored me to death :p

19. johnalex10

Credit:
    I've played basically EVERY MMORPG there is in existence, as long as it is f2p, and i say runescape or mabinogi have to come out on top as they offer lots of different styles of gameplay as well as multiple skills to divirsify your characters. Oh and btw Rile, a MMORPG stands for Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, meaning that you cant have an offline MMORPG :)

20. angelkeith69

angelkeith69 Little Spike

Credit:
    Sounds good. Will try, i already gave up on Allods after the recent patch which kinda doesn't suit me well. I am currently waiting on king of kings 3 but in the mean time, will be definitely try this.