1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you find it unfair to old players if they add back all rare items from that era?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by LegendaryGriefer36, May 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Would it be fun though? I think a major problem with returning easy items and making them harder to obtain is that AQ3D staff is making the items too hard (in this case, too much luck) to obtain. For example, Soulborne Axe is a bunch of RNG luck (and you could be spending thousands of DCs and dungeon runs just for that single item). Instead of real difficulty like doing a quest chain where you have to defeat hard monsters and doing other challenges, some of these difficult items simply depend on luck, which in my opinion isn't fun or really challenging.

2. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    It is kinda unfair. And kinda not. It's good to let the older players to have some kind of distuingishing items on every state of the game. Like when we see someone with the Alpha Pirate, we know for sure that that player is an alpha player. Or when you see the beta blade
    Etc etc

3. P0WER

P0WER Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    all items made should always be available for more character customisation

Reynz and Mayonnaise like this.
  4. LaughingCoffin

LaughingCoffin Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    see thats the problem there. Why spend on something that wont ever go rare. Youre not having fun youre stressing yourself and your pocket lel

5. Drauis

Drauis Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    i would expect them to add some of the items back but not all. I dont think it would be unfair because you should expect them to add and take away items while the game is going through alpha/beta.

darbove36 likes this.
  6. Reynz

Reynz Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    thats not how it works -_- AE got bankrupt for that~
    they just need to raise the difficulty :)

darbove36 likes this.
  7. Rakuh

Rakuh Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    yep...
    aye...couse a just wanna a golden helm...lolol
    and maybe that black talon too.... :)

8. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well i believe that some items should not return EVER... Every player loves owning something unique that they either worked hard for or were damn lucky and got it (low drop rate etc.) so that they can show off its only natural...
    As a player that started AQ3D as soon as it was released some ppl might say this (Of course u dont want items to return since you have been here from the start and got everything) well thing is i dont have everything and the reason is i was expecting a second wipe ingame which didnt happen for the inventory of players so i missed A LOT of cool items (Ebon Talon,Necro Hood, SB axe and more). Not to mention the keys i used and still no rare from the chests.... (though that is a different matter :D)
    So i would propose some items to remain rare forever and others to return but it would be nice to know which and when they are going rare (though i suppose warning ppl about that crushes the whole ~i own something you dont~ thing).

9. Drauis

Drauis Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Yes that would be good.

darbove36, Reynz and Mayonnaise like this.
  10. legionlord13

legionlord13 Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    1. Cysero said itself that pre-beta items will return as the time passing by. So its rare for undefined amount of time, nothing more.
    2. Unfair? Why though? This is AQ3D. People dont have to brag about how many rares they got. Stat and look is all that matter imo.

keyword : aq3d
    aq3d =/= aqw

11. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    I onlystarted playing like a month ago.
    There are many items that i missed.
    But for me. In my opinion. It's just fair that they won't come back. It gives a sense of distuinguishing the older players from the new ones.

But that's just me. :3
    *wink wink*

12. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    They don't need to keep those items [the Pre-Beta items] rare to distinguish older players from newer ones. That's what items like the Alpha Knight set, Kickstarter sets, and Beta items (BetaBlade and Beta Berserker set) are for.

darbove36 likes this.
  13. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    No I don't fin it unfair, since most of the stuff should make a return in game before beta is closed. I think that those that never knew about AQ3 should have the chance to earn the old items. I wouldn't mind paying Dragon Crystals for old items as well

14. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Not just that, but a lot of older players had limited inventory space back then (like 30), and banks didn't exist back then. I think keeping items rare would be unfair entirely, not just to the new players.

darbove36 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.