1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D What dungeon is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Heromanguy12, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Everyone has went to at least few or all of the dungeons in AQ3D.
    So i am asking you all, what dungeon is your favorite one?
    It can be because of design, monsters, boss/mini-bosses, loot, puzzles etc.

I personally like Skulltower dungeon (that is a nickname for it but it is actually named "Shadowskull Tower" dungeon and it is weird considering that the actual tower's name used to be "Shatterskull Tower" but it got changed when AE introduced Shadowskull Tower dungeon during beginning of open beta, i don't know what is up with these name changes but... ok).

I like how the dungeon looks like, literally something you would think of when you think of a dungeon with skeletons; colors, lighting and textures just fits the theme of the dungeon. Layout is not confusing and you shouldn't be able to get lost at all.
    There is plenty of skeletons roaming around, big, small, floating ones (even though monster variety could have been more vast but hey it is "ShadowSKULL Tower" after all).
    Puzzles are quite simple so you can get hang of them pretty fast so that is a plus but it doesn't hurt to see more complex ones in the future.
    There is in terms of loot some crafting materials to get and you can sell them for quite a bit of gold when you have used your keys if you don't need them anymore to craft equipment. Also there is chests that can drop Oroku set pieces, white cape, soulborn axe, potions and gold depending on rarity of the chest.
    Finally, boss time! Necroknight as a boss is simple but was first one to introduce phases: Necroknight spawns minions to help him and after his defeat he will shapeshift to 4 of his other forms and all forms have 1 epic quality item that they can drop (like Dark Warfiend drops War Torn Cloak and so on).

Overall i thing this dungeon is pretty fun to run: it has simple puzzles, straight forward objectives (well this is true for pretty much all dungeons so far), nice looks, there is loot to get (not only from chests), boss is good in terms of design and i hope to see something even better in the future.

So what do you all think? What dungeon is your favorite and why is that?

DarkPhoenix777, hfi and jv1306 like this.
  2. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i like shadowskull tower, it was our home

3. jv1306

jv1306 Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    skulltower dungeon..it s more of a love-hate, complicated feeling actually (coz 200+ keys went down w/o seeing any trace of the sba). but yea, for me its the best dungeon so far. :chinese::chinese:

4. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I really liked the seasonal dungeons!!! Mongloween and Frostval!!! As for the dungeons that have the rare drops.... I HAVE LITERALLY STARTED HATING THEM.... you can guess the reason...

5. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I would have to say Whitaker Forest. It really had a well-implemented story into the game, with the main focus being on the characters Valerio and Ghost Dog, and Valerio's conflict with Ghost Dog. I just wish there was more to the dungeon storyline. I think it may be the dungeon with the most cutscenes to tell a story in fact.

I think Shadowskull Tower could have been improved though. I remember that the original story behind Doomwood was going to include a necromancer named Sargoth, but that idea was totally scrapped in place of Necroknight. I wish the Necroknight's true form was a necromancer instead of a Dricken; that would have impressed me more.

6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yeah, i was also expecting to see Sargoth The Necromancer but we got Necroknight instead for whatever reason. It felt like a missed opportunity to continue storyline of Doomwood.
    Speaking of Sargoth we didn't really get much when it came to Nightlocke either and i wish AE does something with Nightlocke for example AE should make a dungeon/raid which you can access after getting all Nighlocke weapons (original ones) and you get to confront Nightlocke in his realm when you bring the weapons there to bring make him whole again or something to that effect or maybe a questing hub, something similar to Undead Legion or something.

We really don't have that many complex storylines for zones and all that besides Ashfall to be honest. I hope AE gets to improve story elements of zones and dungeons with those upcoming zone revamps. For now i am waiting for Greenguard revamp and after seeing those sneak peeks, i am really looking forward to it.

But we can't really expect to see high quality yet in most of the content available in terms of story and lore yet considering AQ3D is still in open beta phase but we just have to give it time and eventually we will get better story and lore to content we can experience.

7. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I do hope to see more story and items added to the crypt dungeons, like a new "Crypt of Nightlocke" dungeon that requires all three purified (ornate) Nightlocke weapons (or some ultimate purified weapon by imbuing all three items), rather than the original Nightlocke weapons as most people have already upgraded those weapons, in order to join the dungeon and defeat Lord Nightlocke (level 17 or higher with some extra difficulty). That would be so cool, and would definitely help improve some of the early Doomwood dungeons. I think the most important element of a dungeon is a backstory and storytelling, and I'd like to see more of that in dungeons.

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Well i guess your idea would work better than mine when it comes to nightlocke weapons part. For me it doesn't matter what versions of weapons i would need for this dungeon if it ever became reality considering i am collecting all versions of them just in case we get to upgrade them again.
    Good thing is that getting original nightlocke weapons isn't that difficult nowadays compared to launch of nighlocke dungeons because back then it was more RNG heavy to get those specific fragments to craft those weapons, it took me like 60+ dungeon runs to get all those fragments to craft all of them.

9. Khromyr

Khromyr Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Umbral and Nightlocke

10. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I'd have to say the best dungeon so far, is the new random adventures.

11. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
  12. Caide

Caide Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    My favorite as of now is the Ice Castle from the random adventures, it reminds me of Ice Crown Citadel a bit and Im all about the Ice, Death, Knights aesthetics hehe.

13. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Skulltower it's like doing ur daily exercise there.

14. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    I love the Frost Castle dungeon <3 usually i stay there for minutes after completion

15. ArjayRuelo

ArjayRuelo BamBam

Credit:
    Skullull tower .to far a Rare Soulbourne

16. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    That is true plus the other items are pretty great as well.

17. Miss shiela

Miss shiela Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Umbral caves for potion hunting xD

18. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Zard change is my favorite so peachy there

19. The Redael

The Redael Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    there is no discussion Dragon Graveyard dungeons are very well made, pretty good color tones.
    there is also a barrow point which is the dungeon where has the mysterious dungeon (acevorah) and snevelyn wilds which is quite "high" compared to the others.

20. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah... though I don't think Dragon Graveyard dungeons get touched that much. They're useful for certain drops used in crafting and one of the dungeons is used in the Fallen Guardian questline. Other than that, there's not really anything motivating players to keep replaying through the graveyard. Whereas with the Red Betty Excursions in Lolosia and the Doomwood dungeons, daily quests help motivate people to revisit those areas.