1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft on New 3DS

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Aaddron, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Available Now on eShop. $29.99

Just a few months after we brought Minecraft to Nintendo Switch, we're double-dipping with the big N to bring the game to New Nintendo 3DS. Whatever next, an N64 port? Get on it, Jens!

We want to stress that the game is only on New Nintendo 3DS, and we've used all the technical might of the dual-screened wonder machine to give you world sizes of 2016x2016 and 128 blocks high – that's even larger than the worlds on the Wii U version! Multiplayer won't be available at launch but we will be adding local multiplayer in a future update. This edition's closest equivalent is 0.15.4 of Minecraft: Pocket Edition, and we'll be continuing to update from there!

That dual screen setup helps make crafting easier than ever, with quicker access to your inventory and a handy map on the touch screen, perfect for charting out your worlds. Take a scroll through some screenshots below:

Screenshots

We've also bundled five skin packs and two texture packs with this version of the game. Which ones, you ask? Well why not head over to the Nintendo 3DS eShop and find out? As it's available right now in America (And in Europe very very soon!) Happy crafting!

Source

2. Aaddron

Credit:
    Here's the clip from the Direct:

3. Looks great. I think this New 3DS version of Minecraft is a lot better than Pocket Edition for Android and iOS, especially as the player can choose the touch screen or button controls. It would have been nice to see it for the original 3DS as well, but it isn't too big of a deal, especially with the launch of the New 2DS back in July.

Aaddron likes this.
  4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Well that just great that we got a new Minecraft port and that port is for a handheld console.
    To be honest i would prefer playing Minecraft on handheld rather than a phone if i had to choose (and i am not playing it on phone by the way), but i am not going to get a handheld console just for that.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
    If someone was gonna buy a handheld exclusively for Minecraft I'd definitely suggest they look into the Switch instead. It's a nice option but definitely not a system seller for the 3ds at this point.

6. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Nice! Minecraft is almost playable in all platforms WOW

7. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It isn't that surprising considering what success Minecraft is so it's to be expected it has multiple ports for different platforms like mobile devices, operating systems and consoles!

8. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Yeah minecraft is one of the most successful games in the whole gaming history imo