1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Your Thoughts on AQ3D's Current Rank System

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    So far, we have three rank systems and they're all very similar. These ranks include Bank ranks, Defender ranks, and ShadowSlayer ranks and they're all organized using quests and require for the most part repetitive quest items that drop from monsters.

What do you think about the way ranks are structured in the game? Do you think they can be improved, or do you like how the ranks are currently?

For me, I'm concerned about the variety in the rank system since you can simply grind out monsters all day to gain ranks. I feel like rank quests should be connected to other quests that reward some required items to complete a certain rank quest. For instance, let's say you have 5 different farming quests, each rewarding some item, and that item is used for a certain rank quest; in the future, daily quests could be a feature that rewards a bunch of items to use for a rank quest. I feel like that would add a lot more variety to the gameplay, so then farming isn't all just about grinding the same monsters. I even think rank quests could encourage a bit of exploring in newer, various places as well, not just the same area every time.

2. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I'm not sure if they will be willing to move away from the grinding model, which they seem to use everywhere in the game.

At least the storyline quests are ok though.

In my opinion, AQ3D is a game about collecting costumes, which requires players to grind pretty hard (e.g., the rank systems you've mentioned, rare drops, large quantity materials for crafts, etc).

3. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Im fine with it. But if there are any ways that will make grinding ranks better then I would love to support it and suggest it to the devs

4. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I hope quests would be tied up to mini games

5. xX STORM GENERAL Xx

xX STORM GENERAL Xx Club Swinger New Ogre
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yes that’s a good ranking up method, personally, I’m tired of the Darkovia ranks, you won’t even get a class for it. But I do think , Paladin and be romanced classes will have ranks tho

6. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well, they can keep the whole grind theme, but adding more variety so that the player isn't grinding out of the same monsters would be a lot more enjoyable. The rank system isn't quite developed to be an actual rank system sort of like AQWorlds'.

They would have to make the mini-games first, but even if the quests were tied with mini-games, there would still need to be other things to do as the player ranks up. I don't think players would want to play mini-games constantly.

7. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I say that the current ranking system needs something to spice it up rather than being purely just "get these things from enemies" kind of thing. There is a rank quest in Battleon Bank that doesn't require you to get badges to complete it and instead fight a solo boss to get the last rank. We need more things like this when it comes to these ranking quests.

8. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I've never played AQWorlds. However, if they have implemented it there, then there is a chance AQ3D might get it too :)

9. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    A singular drop, like fangs is good across the board from any monster.
    I'd like to see each "part" have a different secondary drop (IE blood fangs) that drop only from the bosses of that certain part. This could help diminish some of the forgotten bosses that newer players would have trouble with in the future, than farming cassius all the time for blood fangs.
    I'd also like to see the storyline quests give a certain amount of fangs too; not enough to fully rank up to the max but enough to get a fair amount of items from the craft shop by the end of the storyline.
    I believe all of this can help diminish the grind for newer players in the future when area's inevitably become more barren.

10. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    But with singular drops like just Fangs, players will farm whichever monster drops the item the quickest, easiest, and/or the most plentiful. It doesn't give players too much variety there which is really what I think rank quests need. I feel like it's less important to think about the particular items and how many you need to farm, and more important to think about how quests can have more variety and won't require players to farm for the same items. I feel like even calling the item something else for each quest (but with the same quantity and drop locations more or less) can make farming feel better in some way due to psychology; if people can interpret grind differently, then they'll probably enjoy the grind more.

11. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    It will prolly come someday, reading ur post reminds me of the old AQW 2008-2011. I remember farming essence of miltonius and voucher and they are in singular drop but nowadays i heard there are quest/quest pets that gives essence and vouchers as rewards in a high quantity.

12. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    While AQWorlds has evolved, I felt like it's become more grindy than necessary. For instance, the Nulgath pet's quest used to be more lenient on players, but now it requires killing some monster at Gilead. I mean, sure, you can find other quests that can reward similar items, but the grind is more enforced.

When it comes to AQ3D, I'd much prefer less grind, even if it means doing a repetitive quest. Having less grind kind of adds that feeling of progress.

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That monster you are referring to is also a boss monster just like Mana Golem, but a less powerful version of it: Mana Elemental. I do agree that AQW has become more grindy what it used to be and there are items to go for with good benefits like increased damage vs. certain enemy types and increased exp, gold, rep and class points like passive boosts to them which you get when you have them equipped. There are some grinds which require you to do daily quests to get items required for them and there are also of course items which are not time locked.

14. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    it feels really simple, and grindy, i like when ranks progress with reputation to others not only you need more and more medals from the monsters and you have to kill them for a general reason (they're taking over battleon)

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That's how it pretty much feels right now and i do hope that there will be tweaks for ranking system in the future.

16. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i feel grinding for the same drop items is boring. it would be better if the drop items required for every rank is different, so that we move on to kill different monsters at differeng places for each ranks

17. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Maybe grind for the same drop items to max is ok. Just require us to kill something or get a drop from somewhere. Maybe buy it from a certain NPC or kill a boss for it. Wont hurt to add more variation

a likes this.
  18. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Skills with ranks wasnt really a good idea let the skill be more freely around maps