1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Character Animation/Motion

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Izraphel, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    So i'm creating this thread cause i recently played Oversoul after a long time and i really liked the animation/motion of the character i had. He is called Sentry Guard and has a spear for a weapon.. So i thought why cant AQ3D have different kind of attack motions depending of the weapon equipped? (maybe its hard/complex to add something like this in the game since its a crossplatform game and all i don't know :D ) But i must say though, i would really like something like this to be implemented in the future!!! What do you guys think?

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I'm sure more variety in attack animations could be done. It would be interested to see critical attacks have their own animation apart from how attack animations work, and see unique animations depending on weapons. It would be strange swinging a polearm item around slaying monsters.

I just think that AQ3D has too much to do that more character animation is the least of their concerns. Korin, the animator, has other animations to focus on like animating monsters. It could be possible one day to see more implementation of animations.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Right now AQ3D team has other things to work on so maybe at some point, we could see new animations come to the game and i would like to see it happen. One example i can give is use animation like when you consumables should be redesigned so it looks like you actually use them let's say a potion and your character drinks it.

4. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Unique animations are welcome... like legendary items have unique animations or stuff like that.. but I think it would be a long ways off before that happens

5. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Same idea Diov suggested to AE a while ago hope they make this a real thing

6. valkangel

Credit:
    the dragonslayer class has different attack animations as far as I heard, so I guess that's some kind of step in the right direction? though I know its better if different weapons have different animations :)

7. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well with each new class, I'm sure there'll be new, unique skill animations, but that's different than weapon combat animations. For instance, whether you have a staff, a sword, or a dagger equipped, the player still does the same animation. I don't see that being too much of a concerning issue since I find skill animations to outweigh weapon combat animations, and there's going to be a lot of complexity if the AQ3D team tried to combine both animations. I mean, the team could make it so that classes wield appropriate weapons like a staff for a Mage, and have the animations be driven by the class instead of by the weapon, but that limits the immersion of the game. I just don't think it's an optimal solution to have certain animations.

8. valkangel

Credit:
    Dragonslayer class holds the weapon with both hands right? If so their normal attack animations are definitely different from the base classes... Hopefully, guardian gets a rework on their attack animations just because we paid for the dang thing lol

9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Actually, I'm not too sure since the PTR testing is closed now, but whatever animation it is, it's a class-specific animation. I don't think an animation where DragonSlayer class holds a weapon with two hands make too much sense, because that wouldn't seem to fit most other weapons that the player might equip. Guess we'll find out when the class is released in game; otherwise, there might be some footage of players testing out DragonSlayer.

10. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I did some testing on PTR and i can confirm that Dragonslayer does handle weapon with two hands using auto attacks and few other skills. I didn't record it but i did take screenshots out of all skills in action, but i didn't consider taking screenshots out of auto attacks unfortunately. Well, i guess i get to do that after it gets released to live servers then.

11. valkangel

Credit:
    It would be funny seeing dragonslayers weild daggers with two hands lol

12. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i think i remember from a design note someone recorded artix and dage fighting with weapons and used the poses for animation

13. xX STORM GENERAL Xx

xX STORM GENERAL Xx Club Swinger New Ogre
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I heard that they’re gonna make different animations for different weapons in the future

14. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I still don't really see that happening since animations are tied in with classes. Perhaps if weapons were class-locked, so only certain weapons can be equipped in accordance to your class, it could work, but that doesn't sound fun. Now if they do revamp classes, they could probably set up different animations for different weapons more easy.

15. valkangel

Credit:
    but they already did a rework of the classes so I dont see that happening soon... :(

16. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    A class re-rework could always happen, especially if it means making improvements to things, even new character animations. I've heard players mention how they aren't really into the new class rework because they don't like how skills work, so anything could happen. The game's still in Beta after all.

17. valkangel

Credit:
    Lets hope that does happen... i dont really feel most of the classes' skills are right for them (except rouge)

18. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It very well could, if players express their thoughts. Artix did encourage people to give certain feedback on some document about making 2018 a better year for AQ3D. I did mention about how classes could be reworked, maybe with combo skills instead to give a variety. With that, there would probably be a lot more animation variety.

19. valkangel

Credit:
    Yes, already submitted feedback regarding it

20. LaughingCoffin

LaughingCoffin Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    true in that way the game would be more entertaining but ofcourse too much would not good