1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Regular Animals in AQ3D

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    So we know about fantasy creatures such as Moglins, Seekers, dragons, Trolluks, Sneevils, Clawgs, werewolves, vampires, flying eyeballs, and so on. Some creatures are even combinations of two regular animals or more such as Frogzards (frog + lizards) and Drickens (dragon + chicken).

After seeing that the AQ3D developers created a mouse, one curious question that has intrigued me is why regular animals are so rare in AQ3D. The only regular animal I can think of currently in-game that can be encountered is a wolf, but I like to think of a wolf as a creature related to werewolves. Now there are animals (presented as food) like turkey and lobster (at least that's what I assume) on the tables of Yulgar's Inn.

I do have an interesting theory about why regular animals are so rare in AQ3D. The idea is that magic has transformed many creatures of Lore which could be why there are few regular animals present in the game. I remember Robina in Greenguard mentioning how she's been studying magical mutations caused by a change in the flow of magic, and Edon was investigating the creatures Greenguard. This isn't exact confirmation of why there aren't really any regular animals in AQ3D, but just a theory.

What do you think? Why are regular animals in AQ3D rare? Are there any other regular animals you can find in the game?

2. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    maybe they have been driven out by mutated animals ? making them rarely seen ?

3. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Theyre reserving those as pets.

4. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Yea cows and hippos