1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

How can AE make the best use out of Gold?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rex, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Wooden Toaster

Wooden Toaster Little Spike New Ogre
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    hmm. the royal Talon armor.

2. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    1 rare item woth millions billion or trillion

3. I think expensive items are out of the picture at this point. One million gold item is alright, but one billion gold or one trillion gold items are unreasonable (considering no player has ever reached either amount).

They could technically do a 1 billion gold item that you can preview, but it'll only ever be a tease; like for example, just put Artix's personal item (like his Blinding Light of Destiny) in a shop for that price just to tease players.

But realistically, the best approach would be to have trade/auction, a taxation system for trade/auction, create fees to do certain activities (like where you have to pay gold to go fishing; or maybe pay gold for a better fishing experience than the standard fishing), change quick travel for certain areas to require paying some amount of gold or add NPCs that can provide quick travel service, creating a betting system for PvP, add houses that players can buy ranging from 100,000 gold to 1 million gold, and so on. There are so many ways to improve the flow of gold currency, and there hasn't been any implementation yet.

4. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I think the idea of betting on PvP sounds good. I bet people would start hustling it though. There'd be some illegal activity going on with that. You can "bet" on it! Great ideas though.

5. I don't think betting in a game necessarily warrants illegal activity. Like we're just talking about betting gold, not illegal gambling where you bet other things at higher stakes. And there are plenty of alternatives out there that's more prone to illegal activity than a video game, like betting in chat rooms or betting somewhere else on the Internet. Even gaming platforms like Twitch has its own betting system, where you can bet as many points as you want to guess a prediction, and I don't consider that to have legal ramifications.

6. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I meant "illegal" as in people organizing ways to make gold. I guess "cheating" would be a better way of stating it. People would figure out a way to make the odds fall in their favor. I do think that the whole idea is brilliant though. It would really make PvP into a spectator sport. The whole infusion thing would be more popular too, because everyone would want the most powerful gear in order to win their PvP battles.

7. People will always find ways to play dirty tricks; that's typically unavoidable, and I think it just requires having better self-awareness. Just because something bad can come out of an idea doesn't mean the idea should be scrapped, because the pros might just outweigh the cons.

At least we're not talking about ways to bet DCs. That would definitely be problematic.

8. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    All this betting on pvp I feel there could be rigged matches as we’ll Cha Ching I’ll love to gamble my 47million gold lol.

9. With players having access to potions and consumables, I guess you could say it would be rigged, but that's really on you if you decide to limit yourself by not using consumables. And PvP could probably be improved more, since you'd really be betting on pure luck rather than skill.

10. redbirds

redbirds Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Infusion of items, purchase of legendary items (too expensive, this would make players spend more time in the game), buy pets.

11. KingMyth

KingMyth Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I believe an auction of sorts