1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Skull Tower Rare Chest Rates

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Maelious, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I've been trying to farm for a Soulborne Axe and have noticed that I find far fewer rare chests than I did in the Doom Ripper and Traveler's Pack dungeons.

Do more rare chests appear in Public games?

Does anyone have any advice on hunting for rare chests in the Skull Tower dungeon?

CanineAQ3D likes this.
  2. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    rare tower chest is rarer than doomwood and greenguard rare chest. i guess its 5%spawn. i always hunted at private dungeon. i think its the same at both public and private dungeons. but for me, i prefered private because in public some people are so selfish they dont wait for others to smash the chest and its so annoying.

Maelious likes this.
  3. VJMaxZero

VJMaxZero Lord of Evil Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I agree with you...
    Better choose a private room than public and just keep trying until you find that chest and got soulborne axe...

Maelious likes this.
  4. RunnixxGaming

RunnixxGaming Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Yeah, the rare chest spawn there are uncomparable to doomwood and greenguard chest, that makes it harder to farm sb axe, what I hate the most its because the room that has no chest is often what I encounter in all 3 rooms >.<

Maelious likes this.
  5. Rates shouldn't be any different, but some dungeons have more chest spots than others. All rare chests have the same spawn rate (around 5%), and their items have similar drop rates (i.e. Traveler's Pack, Doom Ripper, Soulborne Axe at around 1%).

These screenshots might be handy:
    Greenguard Chest Locations
    Doomwood Chest (Umbral Caves) Locations
    Tower Chest Locations

As for a farming tip, try using alt characters to burn your keys to scout for chests, and then when you find a rare chest, bring you main character in the dungeon. Might be tougher to do on Shadowskull Tower dungeons since those are level locked.

Maelious and VJMaxZero like this.
  6. VJMaxZero

Credit:
    Yeah and i've grinded for a long time to get da axe and i'm still don't get it :v

Maelious likes this.
  7. RunnixxGaming

RunnixxGaming Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Btw do the spawnrate of rare chest increase when you are with someone? Hmmm

Maelious likes this.
  8. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It doesn't matter how you run the dungeon because drop rates are NOT depended on dungeon being public or private and number of players in the dungeons doesn't increase or decrease spawn rates of chests either what i am aware. Spawn rate of Tower Rare Chests is around 5% just as others have already stated on this thread.

9. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i think the soulborne axe from rare chests could do with a style up because it's so much harder now than buying it from a shop like in the past

10. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    soulborne axe is the hardest to get among the 3 rare chest drops. im glad i got it, but after 2 months of tiresome hunting

11. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I wish they could increased the spawn rate of the chest since mimic chest will implemented anytime soon, and still I haven’t gotten my soulborne drop ;(

12. VJMaxZero

Credit:
    Still grinding for the sb axe but until now the chest its to hard to show up :(

13. Maelious

Credit:
    I do have 10 alts at L18 ... but I don't really have time to use them to scout. And when I did it in the past, the rates were still horrible ... I'd usually only get 2-3 a day (out of 80 keys) ...

These days I just use up the keys on my character while I'm on the train ...

I kinda suspect this too ... but have neither the data or any other form of evidence to prove it ...

OminusSky likes this.
  14. OminusSky

OminusSky Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Yes I wouldn’t mind signing a petition to AE to increase drop rate of rare chest in Skulltower.. I’m sure the drop rate much is lower than any other in the game. Older players claim it was so much easier before, and now SBA is only a costume anyway at this point. I haven’t heard of it dropping for anyone since late 2017. Utterly frustrating for everyone who is hunting it.

15. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Soulborne Axe is not a costume item yet. However, I do agree with the drop rates being increased. It's rigged so people fail and waste time right now.

16. Maelious

Credit:
    A lot of the game is built around grinding ... which I kinda disagree with ... but since I mostly play AQ3D while commuting, I'm ok with it ...

That said, AE should really switch models ... going from hard grinding to hard game play ...

Just my 2 cents ...

CanineAQ3D likes this.
  17. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I think this is RNG based or something doesn't always make sense about the drop rates. I've had rare chests drop 3 times in a row but obviously they almost never have anything other than potions. Then there have been times where I'll be in 20+ rooms that have the ability to spawn a rare chest and nothing. So yeah, still hunting that traveler pack, so so annoying. When I get it, it's never getting sold :)

18. Maelious

Credit:
    Yeah ... there are far fewer chest spawns in Skulltower than in the other dungeons ...

19. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Using alt char is the best way to catch them

20. Maelious

Credit:
    I've tried that ... too much trouble ... I've kinda given up farming this stuff XD