1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Locking A Thread

Discussion in 'Forum and Site Support' started by Gamma001, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I tried searching the forums and I was unable to find an answer for this. How do I lock a thread?

2. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Guaranteed solution: send a message either to myself or @Aaddron with a link to the thread, or report your first post in the thread, and request it to be locked.

It also used to be possible (on a previous forum software) to lock it yourself, but nobody has asked in a while.
    I don't know for sure if users can close their own threads, so I'll have you test it and get an idea from that. When you look at a thread you made, there should be a "thread tools" menu in the top right above the first post. If there is one, look for either an "Open" checkbox (and uncheck it), or a lock/unlock/open menu item and try it.

Gamma001 likes this.
  3. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I only see "Edit Title" and "Add Poll." Should I just report it to get it locked?

4. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Yep, that or a pm will be the best ways.

5. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It's not really that frequent that members actually want to lock threads. I wouldn't lock my threads if i had power to do so myself without help from a site moderator.