1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for the AQ3D Combat System

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Maelious, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    AQ3D is a pretty simple game when it comes to combat. Everything is pretty much tank and spank, and all you need to really do is to kill your target before it kills you (solo).

In group battles, it is more about making sure the target(s) stay in combat so their HP doesn't reset.

Surely, the developers can try to tweak this system to make combat more interesting ...

Do you have any suggestions?

CanineAQ3D likes this.
  2. VJMaxZero

VJMaxZero Lord of Evil Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    My suggestion, the developers need to add in "enhancement system" so we can powerup our items
    Absolutely with different attribute..
    Example : Common with low enhancement
    Uncommon with normal enhancement
    Rare with medium enhancement
    And Epic with High enhancement
    I don't have an idea about legendary item xD

3. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I would like to see some classes that specialize that specialize in stats. For example, a class that deals high damage every hit (AQW equivalent: Glacial Warlord (Class) - AQW) or maybe a class that can dodge a lot of attacks.

4. Maelious

Credit:
    Well ... I would like:
    • choice of stat allocation per level
    • random stats on items
    • items with procs
    • friendly buffs/heals
    • skill synergies
    • proper aggro control skills
    • target healing
    • proper raid teams
    • more skills per class
    • skill trees
    • proper CCs and skill interupts
    • etc

CanineAQ3D likes this.
  5. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Thus far the combat for every class is the same almost, starting with the auto strikes right down to the skill setups and how they synergize. Other classes may be ' op ' at present when compared to others, but the entire system is a copy of aqw's essentially and that shouldn't be for this game. Imo it needs a complete overhaul. Something like how epicduel's classes used to be. Each class, although not overly complicated, had a niche area and made it special in its own way.

6. RunnixxGaming

RunnixxGaming Brute New Ogre

Credit:
  7. Maelious

Credit:
    yeah ... cross class skill combinations might make battles more fun ...
    I really hope they add aggro/healing ... and then raid mechanics ...

I'm not asking for wow ... but maybe something that requires more group dynamics to clear?

CanineAQ3D likes this.
  8. RunnixxGaming

RunnixxGaming Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Yup, it will make the game more interesting bcoz as of now the game is kind of easy unlike the other rpg games that have an incredible combat system, and ofcourse Pvp is always something that I look forward to

9. Maelious

Credit:
    AQ3D seems to just be about grinding for costume items ... imo ... which is ok for me since I like to collect things XD

10. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I would be awesome to have a hack n' slash system for pvp

11. Maelious

Credit:
    Hmm ... with the current skill mechanics ... it would be pretty dull though

12. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I really want to things change with current combat system and how it handles your character getting defeated. When you are about to take fatal damage from attack or a Dot, you can't attack or use abilities which is pretty dumb. I want this to change asap!

13. Skill combos should just be limited to Ninja class since it's the only class that'd make sense for the concept, but I'd like to see customization skills like a skill tree to give a variety of options (tanky warrior, all-attack warrior, team-heal guardian, solo-heal guardian, etc.). Seeing classes with different specialties would be great, but so far we're limited on just customizing stats to specialize how classes are used. One thing I've never cared for is this whole idea of an ultimate skill as you have a ridiculous cooldown, and I think there could be better replacements for ultimate skills like other regular skills. Another thing I'd like to see are passive skills, like buffs that occur randomly during battle, but aren't part of the skill set.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I am pretty sure there would be more combo-based classes, not just Ninja because it just can't be the only one to make sense so AE will surely come up with something else that would fit to be a combo-based class. Ninja makes sense to be only combo-class now, but things can change and they surely will. Class builds is what i really would like to have and not just slight stat changes what we have now.

15. Pyo31

Pyo31 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    would like a skill that involves a cinematic like ultimate skill combo or something which requires or has some risks by using like depleting mana or suffering on HP due exhaust

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I don't really think that would practical to have, i mean you have to do it every time to use that skill. It doesn't really fit to MMORPGs if you ask me, but having some kind of quest that has something like that would work. Making that concept work is another thing altogether, i mean AQ3D plays on other platforms so making this work on all of them can be quite a hassle. This feels something that was taken from RPG and there it would work just fine, but not in MMORPG.

17. Lema Ris

Lema Ris MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I want to say my opinion; I think each class must have its own stance and the stat system needs to be changed, skill animations can be improved, there is a lot that needs to be corrected

18. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    One thing that really frustrates me is that when I arrive at the Daily Boss Battle location it is overrun with mobs. I immediately enter combat mode and therefore cannot interact with the NPC giving out the quest. I have to leave the area and reenter, hoping that I don't get drug into another fight again. Is there any remedy for this?

19. KingMyth

KingMyth Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I would like to merge more skill in classes in addition to cross