1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Am on Day 2 of my Dragon Pickaxe grind, many dwarfs were killed on this day. I almost feel bad for them. Burned through a decent amount of food but my method is working pretty well. One thing I'm finding is the battlefield seems to be popular, sometimes it takes multiple attempts just to find an open battlefield. I think this is completely doable though, just need some ironmeme luck.

2. Aaddron

Credit:
  3. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yeah. People don't even notice the braces until I mention them to them. Also, they don't care at all about the braces which is nice. I expected to be bullied due to having them but it seems like that won't happen.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Points sent :)

Even if they did, don't let them bother you. Anyone who'd mock you over trying to better yourself isn't worth listening too. :)

Gamma001 likes this.
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Got my Dragon Pickaxe yesterday after some more grinding. Think I put in maybe 4-5 hours total, not sure how many I killed either but it's probably a lot lol. The grind wasn't too bad, I mean I did get lucky still but the content itself wasn't too bad. It's kinda frantic at first then settles into a chill grind. Used up a decent amount of food but it's super easy to replace so no big deal.

With the dragon pickaxe and previously obtained dragon hatchet. I've now completed two of the hardest mid game grinds for Ironmemes. I was kinda sweating them but thankfully both went well. Not looking forward to future gear grinds but least now I'm pretty much set skilling wise... well at least until Mining and Smithing rework. Crystal tools are next but that's a ways off and while it seems to be a grind of it's own it's at least not a 1/5000 chance.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. Zalb33

Zalb33 DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior
    1. TSM

Credit:
    The next few weeks of school are going to be some mission impossible stuff as everyone is bombarding us with tests and stuff. My third year is already coming to an end . I hope that i am going to find at least some time for gaming just a little bit. Well i better go off now and start studying if i do not want to go through that hell again next year...

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    Points sent :) Good luck :)

9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Nintendo's investor call happened and no surprise Nintendo is doing very well. Switch is now over 17 million units. Software wise Mario Odyssey has sold over 10m copies. Mario Kart is over 9m. Breath of the Wild is over 8m and the best selling Zelda game ever. Splatoon 2 is now over 6m. Xenoblade 2 has done 1.3m but this is the highest for any Xenoblade yet. 3DS has slowed some but is actually still selling pretty well.

Pokemon is still listed as 2018 or later. However, Nintendo has made two huge forecasts. They say they expect to do 20 million Switch units and 100 million software sales in the next fiscal year, so from March 2018 to March 2019. Smash is huge but I don't think it can push this alone. I think this indicates Pokemon probably is coming and likely before this end of the fiscal year, if not 2018. An if not, then Nintendo is pretty confident in its unannounced games for the rest of the year.

Nintendo also got a new CEO, Shuntaro Furukawa. He's a lot younger than previous CEO, fluent in English and has apparently spent a good portion of this time at Nintendo with NoE. He's also an avid gamer. On paper, it sounds like a great fit. Kimishima the previous CEO apparently had him picked for a while and he has always said he didn't intend to stay on long as CEO. So not super unexpected but kinda out of the blue.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Gamma001 likes this.
  10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. Gamma001

Credit:
    It's great that the Nintendo Switch is doing well since we all know what happened with the Wii U.

Also, you stated that a new Pokémon game is coming. One is definitely coming. Game Freak, The Pokémon Company, and Creatures Inc. used to take about 2 years to make each game. However, since they have a lot of staff, they can crank out a Pokémon game a year. They have been doing it since Generation 6 (X&Y). Most likely, the game will be out in October or November on Switch since Pokémon released that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon would be the last Pokémon games on the 3DS series of consoles.

Now about the reasoning of the Switch sale growths, I definitely agree that Smash (SSB5) will help the Switch gain that much sales. However, I don't think that Pokémon is the only card they have up their sleeve (pun intended). They could possibly be coming out with a new MARIO platformer. It makes sense since the MARIO franchise is the biggest selling video game franchise of all time.

Aaddron likes this.
  12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Gamma001

Credit:
    Did anyone see in the news that ABBA is coming back together? I think it's so cool that after about 35 years, they're coming back together to make 2 more singles (I would've loved to see an LP come out but I doubt that). Also, they are going to only preform as holograms.

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Jumped back into Xenoblade 2 for a bit today. Made some progress but was also pretty frustrated with the side quests... it's never easy in this game, never. The objective is right here on the map, right? NO! That would be too easy, sure you can see it but getting to it requires finding some obscure path somewhere like 500m from it that will eventually lead to it. Well then it's fine right? NO! Now that you've reached it you still need all the field skills required... surely they'd be common ones... NO! O you mean you never leveled up a character with that field skill because you never got one until late in the game? Well, have fun spending hours and hours grinding that out.

Love the main game and some of the side quests are fine but dang do I hate the whole field skill system with a passion. It's not fun, they serve no purpose other than to force things to take more time. It's so silly and I hope field skills are gone in the next one.

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. Aaddron

Credit:
    Norway has filed a complaint against Nintendo for breaching EU consumer law. Nintendo doesn't allow you to cancel a pre-order from the eShop, Norway claims this is illegal by EU consumer law. Nintendo claims they are following all laws and refuse to change it. Honestly, I hope Nintendo and other companies in this complaint lose. It's really silly that you can't cancel a pre-order at any point before release. As far as I know, Nintendo is the only major gaming store that doesn't have this option. Some of the others aren't easy to do or clear cut but they at least offer it. Nintendo absolutely does not and worse has said they will not change it. It's crazy how Nintendo can be so backward at times.

18. Aaddron

Credit:
  19. Gamma001

Credit:
    I was riding the hype train for Necromancer and it was worth it. The auto skill has an amazing animation. Also, you can summon skeletons to fight for you. It has about the range of a mage. Also, it's like DragonSlayer in the aspect that you don't have to worry much about mana since you gain souls (determination in DS).

20. Aaddron

Credit: