1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AE Innovation for AQ3D?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Maelious, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I am starting to feel that AE isn't really introducing much that is new ... its always nice graphics but with the same old game mechanics ... and mostly grindy content ...

Do you feel the same? Is innovative graphics enough for you?

CanineAQ3D likes this.
  2. Well, I get the feeling they're starting to introduce more unique stuff such as unique battles. I agree that the game can become grindy at times, but that doesn't necessarily mean there is less unique stuff.

3. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    See, I'm glad someone had the well, let's just say ' steel ones ' to post this in a community where lately I've noticed blind worship of the developers and anyone who criticizes is a ' hater '. I agree with your post and 100%. See maybe I'm overly critical and I'll admit it, but it seems the developers are flat out lying at this point. I'll add some to what you said. They acted during the kickstarter like this would be adventure quest the original and in 3D. Even the pics they used to get us hyped were comparisons from the 2002 original game of theirs to the new 3D art they were going to introduce in this new re imagined vision for adventure quest.

Artix himself would talk to the players about game mechanics and stats. You can go look at the conversations, I'm sure if you google you'd still be able to find many of them. The classes are the same now as they were when they first came out. These are NOTHING like the classes in the original game. In the original game, it actually matters which class you use. classes have different uses. In this game, all classes do the EXACT same thing, and due to how simple the classes are and how simple damage is, you get classes like warrior that are ' stronger ' than the other classes. In reality you can use any class and spam potions and solo anything, it wouldn't really matter. Same skill layout, no real variance in how they operate.

There's no elements like in the original aq, like an armour that protects against darkness or energy attacks. No shields, so no need for a real strategy or plan. This leaves players bored and without a sense of community or anything to discuss really. Because if everything is just cosmetic, nothing really promotes team play and there's no signs from the developers that they actually care enough to flesh it out and give us uh... I dunno, what they said they would or alluded to during the kickstarter maybe?

Second off, developers like Cysero have gone against the spirit of the original game. He was never on the development team for the original adventure quest (note: not adventure quest worlds, it doesn't count, only the original). The way he treats players and people who hunt rares like me is just wrong, to be frank as can be. I've played artix entertainment games for over 10 years of my life, but veterans' opinions don't seem to matter a whole lot anymore.

Now, this might sound like a rant, but tbh, these are things that are standing out heavily atm. It seems like one big 3D showcase of aqw's. And nothing like the original like they promised, to maybe get us to pledge, which at this point it's starting to look like. Now, personally I don't mind the grind of the game, that was what the original game was at its core. Meant to be enjoyed over time and not finished in 2-3 days.

And finally, let's talk about rare items a little bit. Cysero blatantly said to someone that nothing from pre beta is rare, they just have to find out how they'll reintroduce many items to the game. See, here lies the BIG problem. The people like me that played your tech demo all the way back in 2015 or whenever it was, we supported and backed your game with not just time but also money. We could have played any other game but people like me chose your game out of loyalty and years of playing games made by this company.

To tell us that all the bug testing and fun little times we had was all for nothing, and all the special items we may have gotten from all the way back then was meaningless? That's a kick in the teeth from my perspective. And to add icing on the cake, during the alpha they deleted our entire inventories multiple times. People had to continually support you throughout the development and growth of aq3d. And when asked about this we get flat out lies, like wasted art or other nonsense. But hey, go look on heromart to get a rare cape and t shirt for $20! Anyone else see what's wrong with this picture?

Loyalty doesn't seem to be a big deal to AE, and the worst part is it's so blatant. I didn't even have to point it out, but was just being honest, and am tired of this. Don't get me wrong, I'd spend money and rain down on AE with support if they actually didn't take us all for fools with all the kickstarter hype. Sooner or later someone was gonna have to point all this out, it's dirty but someone had to do it.

Maelious and Gamma001 like this.
  4. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well actually Alpha players got the Alpha Knight set, Beta players get Beta Berserker set, and kickstarter backers got their rewards and they're all rare. That's enough rares for everyone that was here from the beginning. They always said the pre-beta items were going to return since they were never intended to go rare in the first place.

Maelious likes this.
  5. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I realize this is a sensitive topic, and I agree with you on the rewards for the people that joined the game during their respective phases. But my entire post tied the first part into the second. See, initially it was never stated that all items would stay, not from the start at least. And it's clear that it wasn't the plan from the start because I can back it up with an actual example. Ebon shoulders, currently found in game. It's a knock off of the original golden shoulder plates or ornate golden shoulder plates from alpha or pre beta, memory is a bit foggy on the exact phase of the game at the time. Golden shoulder plates or ornate (depending on which ones you got, they're both identical) have a much darker shading. You can clearly tell them apart in game.

Interestingly, golden helm which also went rare came back along with the ebon set but under a different name. I have the helm too so made a player with ebon helm stand next to me, there's no difference in colour whatsoever, even though it's a different item because of the name. So it seems someone over at AE purposely kept the original flavour of those shoulder plates to keep the players that supported the game back then happy and keep their item unique. Either that, or there's some explanation that I myself can't think of, or they might even return them.

Korin has done a lot of pr for aq3d, even when asked questions about rares. But the reasons they've given thus far for being against rares in aq3d doesn't check out. In fact, all it takes is a bit of logical reasoning and deduction and even a 10 yr old would see they're being lied to, or at least start wondering. They have made a lot of promo items that surely will go rare or some already have. So they're not so concerned with wasted art or too many rares, I suspect this gets into financial territory and that's why when I mentioned this on the website where they post the design notes and game updates, my post was deleted.

I didn't break any rules or flame or harass anyone, I was simply being too honest, that was my only offense. No actual rules were broken, and this is what doesn't sit well with me, even though I've followed this company and played the games they've created for well over a decade of my life now, and will continue to. I love AE games, but not their recent practices. Another recent example is the dage collectors chest item. The cape, legion zealot cloak was going to go rare, many people bought it on that premise. So a vocal minority complained, you know how it is in any gaming community. They subsequently announced that it would no longer go rare and that the badge and title would still. Again, tell me how am I supposed to show off with a badge and a title in an mmo?

I realize this all sounds very petty, believe me. But this is an mmo we're talking about here, some people play for the drops, the grind, and some to just chill and chat on a lunch break or to collect rare or exclusive items. And with this supposedly being for the older fans and a re imagining of the original game, I'm tired of the nonsense that was spouted just to reel long time supporters in. But before this turns into an actual unproductive rant, in short... They're telling us one thing and doing another, which is the definition of lying.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Gamma001 and Rex like this.
  6. DarkSoulHP

DarkSoulHP MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    They need to work at Time Event System and .... have a Daily or Weekly Program.
    For Example: 09:00-10:00 Frogzards Hunt
    10:00-10:30 AQ3D IQ Test Event
    10:30-12:00 Bosses on Battleon Town!

Aaaaand.... Wait PVP..Gulids System and Guild PVP :))

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2018
    Maelious likes this.
  7. Maelious

Credit:
    They really need to think and develop more interesting and fun modes of play ... not just the same ol thing with different looks ... I feel that even the storylines are kinda weak and don't seem to make be feel embedded in the AQ3D world at all (as opposed to when I played WoW or Neverwinter) ...

Also, the combat mechanics as it stands now, really sucks ... nothing dynamic about it at all ... just stand there and spam ... the only exception is the Akriloth fight where you also had to move ...

8. VJMaxZero

VJMaxZero Lord of Evil Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    They are still creating all the backers want, so i think they will be improve the game...
    And yeah i like to see PvP soon when it's ready to release :)

9. Maelious

Credit:
    yeah ... pvp might spice things up ... assuming they add a little something to each class and to the combat system XD

10. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    yes the game is grindy. but with the introduction of daily quests some maps are less grindy now since daily quests gives quests rewards and crafting items. i hope they add more daily quests with nee map updates. if there was daily quest in world tree it would be so nice

11. Maelious

Credit:
    Yeah, I would love some world tree dailies that would help me farm the stuff I need for the new items ...

12. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    You mean . daily quest for shaman class ?

13. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i meant daily quests for collecting crystals. but yes, daily quests for shaman class would be nice too

14. Maelious

Credit:
    still waiting on more dailies to get added ...

15. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The point is that theres a limitation when talking about creating new stuff, the celphone memory for mobile users is limited so creating new content implies to download more content about the game, which means the increase of used memory on mobile devices, a 10Gb game on a mobile device isn't viable talking about portable devices and facilities.

16. Maelious

Credit:
    a simple stat overhaul with skill trees would already improve things a lot ... and shouldn't cost much in terms of memory ...
    game mechanics changes typically don't have a large graphic impact ... so might be ok ... they just aren't bothering to make the system better ... and instead are focusing on content ... which is mostly repetitive

Sabugo likes this.