1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

The best parts of other MMOs you'd like to see in AQ3D

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Maelious, May 1, 2018.

1. Bauduco

Bauduco Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    PvP, Guilds, Leaderboards, Tresure chests, flying options on traveling.

2. Irineu_122

Irineu_122 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    clans and something so much important, A MAP!

3. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Updated :)

4. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Trading to Merch

5. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think it would be fair to comment on features that AE themselves have implemented in their other games, so I'm going to talk about features that I kind of like from there other mainline games. I've mentioned some of these ideas in other topics, but I think it's nice to see these ideas with each game listed.

AQWorlds > One feature I miss is the faction system of cutscenes where the initial dialogue you picked could play a different outcome for the rest of the dialogue. AQWorlds used this concept for factions (Good/Evil/Chaos) quite a lot in the early years of the game, but their best implementation of it was probably in the Vordred arc.

HeroSmash > Face customization from HeroSmash where you could customize facial expressions. This is still a must-have feature, and would just add more personality. I'm just tired of characters always looking grumpy or unhappy.

EpicDuel > Turn-based battles and skill trees in EpicDuel were kind of fun; I get that AQ3D is all about real-time combat, but I think just for AQ3D's dueling system, turn-based combat would be more strategic rather than about luck and whoever has the more powerful gear. And having a skill tree would allow more variety in a class.

AQ Classic > Nonplayable helpers; AQ Classic had helpers like Robina, Aquella, Artix, etc. that you could call during any battle. AQ3D sort of explored this in Ashfall with helper NPCs like Senna, Kord, etc., but it's very limited to those dungeons that the NPCs spawn in, and I feel like this feature could have more uses, like in private dungeons (if a player chooses not to play in a public dungeon).

DragonFable > A better story.

MechQuest > I did like the idea of having something as cool as mechas (your very own giant battle machine), but that wouldn't really work in AQ3D since the genres are different (MQ being more sci-fi and AQ3D being more fantasy). I think the closest thing that would be as cool as mechas would be mounts (and they could be useful in battle as well).

6. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    In game voice chat in partys there are others but really like that.

7. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    There's always Discord for that sort of stuff; like if you're using a PC, you really don't need an in-game voice chat since you can open up an application like Discord. And I really doubt AE's going to add their own voice chat, because they'll have to moderate that and it would probably be a mess anyway, especially with people trolling and blowing up their soundboards.

Also, I don't see much purpose in a voice chat anyway. There's not a whole lot of coordination in dungeons like there is in other MMORPGs like WoW, and AQ3D isn't really the kind of game where you have more to lose at stake anyway.

Rizlaftw likes this.
  8. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I just would like it cause discord lags when in game on mobile an I only want it cause the keyboard is crap on iOS no auto correct or anything, you’re right there isn’t voice you need for a hard dungeon because it’s all easy.

9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    If typing is the issue on a phone, I would seriously recommend setting text replacement shortcuts. I use text replacement all the time for /join commands and for common phrases.

On iOS, you can go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement, and then you can click on the + sign to add your phrase and shortcut.

One thing you might want to consider is prefixing shortcuts with symbols like /, ., ;, @, etc. That way your regular text messages don't conflict with your shortcuts. For instance, I prefer using / for commands, . for general messages, and @ for messages addressed to a person.

Examples:

Phrase: /join doomwoodforest
    Shortcut: /dw

Phrase: Can anybody help me with this dungeon?
    Shortcut: .dungeon

Phrase: How are you today?
    Shortcut: @greeting

10. redbirds

redbirds Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Mounts and trading system.

11. KingMyth

KingMyth Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    • World Bosses + Random Special Spawns