1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Yuno Gasai

Yuno Gasai Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I always drop by every now and then. It is kinda hard to be an adult. Lots of responsibilities and less time for fun.

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Point sent :)

Adulting is hard indeed. You're always welcome whenever you feel like posting.

3. Aaddron

Credit:
    E3 press conferences kick off this weekend, hype! Can't wait to see what all gets announced. Then starts the long process of waiting to actually play them... rip. Also this weekend is the Canadian Grand Prix. The season has been pretty great so far and it's a decent track so hopefully will be a good race.

Crackdown 3 got delayed again. It's now set for February 2019. It's crazy how many delays this game has had, I honestly don't believe it has any chance at being a good game. If they somehow pull it out, I mean hats off to them but it rarely ever works out. I think Microsoft would've canceled it but they are already under so much fire for cancellations they probably don't dare cancel another big title.

Xbox's first party has been an absolute disaster this gen. The main titles really didn't hit high marks, they are all mostly solid but none save for Forza Horizon 3 is really considered "great". The new IP really didn't do anything amazing, it ranged from canceled to solid. An worse none of the new IP is even looking like they'll be getting sequels. That's kinda why this E3 is pretty important, Xbox has been super quiet, they really need some new first party games... something for Xbox gamers to be excited about. We'll see I guess.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. Yuno Gasai

Credit:
    Holiday. Ain't it fun to be free from work and just stay on bed all day with this rainy weather? It is weird that I am playing a game with summer collection update while it is rainy in my country. Kinda cool to think that at the other side of the world, they are experiencing the opposite weather we have here.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. Yuno Gasai

Credit:
    I felt a total disappointment today. I supported someone to the extent that I suffer just to give him better life than I had experienced. He just don't appreciate it, you know. It's kinda sad at some point.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    Points sent :) I know what you mean, it's not easy. Keep your chin up though!

9. Aaddron

Credit:
    E3 press conferences are now done. Was some great stuff announced, no super big surprises but lots of good games coming. The biggest disappointment for me was no Animal Crossing Switch, it's really unfortunate as now it'll probably be another year at least. The best surprise was StarField and The Elder Scrolls 6 being officially announced, I was hoping for one and we got both! The bad part is StarField doesn't sound like it's coming any time soon and TES6 is after that... soooo yeaaaa but hey, they are coming officially!

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. Aaddron

Credit:
    Well, I completely lost yesterday for uncontrollable reasons so didn't get to binge as much E3 stuff as I wanted. My game of show has to be Forza Horizon 4, it looks absolutely amazing both graphically and in terms of gameplay. I really like where they are going with this one, lots of new features too. Playground Games has continued to excel and I'm really happy to see they keep pushing to make the games better rather than stagnate on what's already worked.

I've also enjoyed Fortnite was more than I thought I would. The 50v50 mode is a game changer for me as I just don't like the lone wolf stuff at all. It's still kinda an awkward game, lots of running around and some matches you can win or lose before you even find the fight lol. It runs OK on Switch but it needs work, the frame rates can get pretty bad at times. Still, it's impressive what they've done with so many players.

I don't really understand the progression at all though. F2P progression seems horrible and paid progression, which looks like a lot better progress tree... seems like it's $10 a season? I don't know. That seems weird to me. Will need to do more research, maybe I'm just looking at it wrong.

Edit - Ah, I see. The idea is to buy the pass for $10, then if you play enough during the 3 month (?) season you'll earn enough to get the next pass free, then play again to earn enough etc. Interesting.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    One of the surprises of E3 was the announcement of Gears Tactics. A turn-based XCOM style game in the Gears universe. The biggest surprise though might not be the game but the fact it's not coming to Xbox. That's right, it's Windows 10 Exclusive. XCOM did very well on consoles so fans are pretty confused. Xbox has also moved to releasing all its exclusives on PC alongside Xbox so naturally, some Xbox fans are pretty upset right now.

I feel like these types of games have always played better on PC, I do think it's weird it's not coming to Xbox... especially with Xbox having keyboard/mouse support planned. I do understand though even with keyboard/mouse support, they can't really sell a game on Xbox without controller support. People are not smart enough to read even big labels that say "NO GAMEPAD SUPPORT", it's just impossible to do without creating headaches for everyone.

Ultimately they made this call for a reason and despite all the armchair developers grand wisdom that they should just make it available on Xbox... it just doesn't work like that. I do hope it someday makes its way to Xbox but until then hopefully, this allows it to be a really great game.

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Played some Heroes of the Storm today, the first time in a long while. Was glad to see my favorite character still played the way he use too. I had that problem before, where my main completely changed in play style... it was very strange. Played a few matches and had a good time. HotS toxicity is pretty tame, especially if you play the humans vs bots mode. People still take it way to serious sometimes... which come on people, if you want serious why aren't you playing ranked. Anyways, it's a fun MOBA. Still lots of people playing too.

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. Aaddron

Credit:
    The Fortnite crossplay outrage seems to be slowing, which is a shame because it had real momentum and was hope it'd lead to change but alas Sony is steadfast in its anti-consumer approach and Epic seems uninterested in picking a fight. It even had movement is MSM which is crazy, just goes to show the sheer size of Fortnite right now.

It's not even really about crossplay anymore, it's about if your Fortnite account has ever touched a PlayStation, you now can't link it with any other console... even removing the PS link doesn't unlock the account, it's permanent. This seems mindboggling that Epic would allow this but that's where we are at today.

I'm really disappointed in both sides here. Epic's refusal to fight and Sony's unwillingness to budge... even if it's to just allow people to properly unlink accounts without having to completely start over, losing all purchases. The PlayStation brand has repeatedly taken hits for this with other games over the last couple years and Fortnite has been the biggest one yet. I hope at some point they change their minds and if they don't, then hopefully the market will speak with PS5 sales but gamers have short memories and insanely irrational loyalties... so who knows if it will really mean anything at that point.

18. Aaddron

Credit:
  19. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    omg midas curse dropped for me on sunday morning after 3 weeks and 7k pots of heath and mana each.now im done with all rares :p
    also got another necrohen hat last nite haha, my 5th or 6th i forgot, maybe 6th hahaha

20. Aaddron

Credit: