1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

why do you think some people have quit playing AQ3D ?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by a, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    People won't bother with AQ3D because it isn't really done for live release yet so when it is then there will be more people playing. Those who did play in the past are going to pick it up again when live release is out.

OminusSky likes this.
  2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well, it's been promised for Live a couple of years ago, but never achieved. Even then, there were plenty of players playing, especially around the holiday times. I know some people have quit just because their busy with life, but others quit because the game's morphed into something different than they expected. AQ3D was supposed to be more of a casual game, but it feels more like a game centered around grinding and crafting than adventurous storytelling and questing.

Wilder94 and OminusSky like this.
  3. OminusSky

OminusSky Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    There are many small reasons people are quitting: Boredom either by obtaining every item available, slow updates and events, same ppl everyday day, Some people leaving by finally being impatient: slow updates, delayed releases, and the rare drop rate of .00001% of certain items, one can only tolerate farming so much in the same dungeon in the same game for months not getting a drop equates to quitting. Drama: People arguing with people, trolls, deep involvement in community where friendships are broken, and Loss of interest and competitive games: new and popular games offering similar cross platform capability and fresh: PUBG and Fortnight. Personally, I went from being a serious daily player, to daily logger, to now a very casual player on blue server, because a little bit of all of the above.

4. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I don't mind slow updates but it almost feels like the last long release was the Battleon Bank update a year ago if i'm not mistaken. Every release since then has been shorter in comparison. It's also taking forever for them to add new features. They seem more concerned with making the game look pretty than gameplay.

Wilder94 and OminusSky like this.
  5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's really about players having things to do while waiting and those daily boss areas are occupying people right now so that's something.

6. Lancel Lannister

Lancel Lannister MMORPGer

Credit:
    Just my 0.02ยข, but once you hit the level cap, completed your quests, and have farmed most of the items, there's really not much you can do right now. I left for some time as well from boredom. Hopefully AE can do something about this dilemma

7. GlitchingWolf

GlitchingWolf BamBam

Credit:
    Possibly lower player count

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's all about those active players for some people!

9. Tywin Lannister

Tywin Lannister Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I say it's because one you level all the way, there's not much to do. If you're not into farming and collecting rares you're kind of out of luck

10. Ozuku

Ozuku Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I think it's because AE is slow on releasing content, leading to a loss of interest.

11. Siracha

Siracha Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Probably because of the slow release of content, and also there is nothing to do in the game.

12. Pingus13

Pingus13 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I think probably just motivation and the lack of updates, it's also getting to the point where theres nothing to do in the game but constantly wait for updates, even when updates do come, they take 5 minutes to complete.

Wilder94 likes this.
  13. Bulletk

Bulletk Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I find aq3d's combat system really boring, which did it for me. Theres nothing really interesting bout the combat system, which drove me away. I think they need to work on making the game better instead of constantly putting out new updates for dc's

Wilder94 likes this.
  14. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Player count has been consistent over the months, though I would have expected more around this month considering there's Mogloween. Right now, there are 472 players online as of me typing this post (Red Dragon: 219, Blue Dragon: 181). I think Mogloween 2016 has a lot more players, but that was the first time there was a full-fledged release (not counting April Fool's Day 2016).

I think a recent issue in these couple of months is that the team has focused more on quantity rather than quality. They've put out so many releases, but a lot of those releases have suffered from eventual player drop because of new releases the following week, and the quality of those releases has been half-baked and catastrophic. So far, the issues have been:

- (9/13/18) Pirate Battleon Invasion wasn't prepared early to give players enough time to farm (died out in less than a week because of Lolosia, and then more Lolosia content). Dialogue and item descriptions lacked updates and players room hopped or AFKed a lot making it hard for new players to enjoy the content.
    - (9/19/18) Lolosia didn't have many exploration scrolls/titles despite being a "pirate" release (first thing that comes to mind of anything pirate-y is exploration). Release had too many dungeons and too little players (dungeons that shared the same map template, but had different monsters instead of having some randomizer). Some inconsistencies/typos/mistakes here and there (Gunpowder Mary's character not consistent between Lolosia and Lolosia Attack, a few cutscene typos, Undead PIrate having an uppercase i, etc.).
    - (9/27/18) Two more challenge maps... Braken challenge and Mega Don challenge. Flaw of the Braken challenge is the lack of a safe point to heal before being able to attack the boss. Flaw of the Mega Don challenge is the 5 minute boss spawn timer which created complaints and encouraged players to room hop. We also had random Pirate Excursions, and there were bugs during the release day like the shark boss being called "23" and leveled at level 1. Fishing also felt half-baked as well (fishing failed... message seems to mislead people into think there's some bug when in actuality, another player caught a fish; a fishing cutscene has a spelling mistake, fisrt instead of first.
    - (10/4/18) Royal Privateer armor was poorly balanced (was too easy to obtain), and color choice had to be changed because of player complaints of the armor resembling the Leather Pirate Armor and for being too easy to obtain. Monster spawn was bugged (probably the same bug that Mogloween had this year; not sure how that bug was repeated again). Waypoint was broken.
    - (10/18/18) Mogloween's Mystcroft Town Square was grind-heavy (especially for a seasonal release), particularly because of the 13 minute boss spawn. Tricksters wouldn't be able to respawn after a while which took 5 days to get fixed. A couple of inconsistencies such as the "Hexallina" and "Hexalina Caster" naming for the NPC.
    - (10/19/18) Broken pauldrons preview, Ghoulash misspelled as "Goulash" in the overworld despite quests calling him "Ghoulash," and Safiria's finance issues (should be about her fiance, not her finance). Darkovia Part III was one of the most anticipated releases, but ended up being very short and half-baked (could have released it on October 31st or some time later with more content and a ton of bug fixes when it would have been more ready). Release also felt too random (a bunch of Mogloween monsters at the VAMPIRE'S Castle) and could have benefited from some chiropteran creatures (Swarm of Bats monster being brought to the castle and a reskin of Drakimp to appear as some bat creature).

A lot of these issues are pretty obvious, too. I suspect that there was lack in testing time to proofread through the release, hunt for bugs, and discover or implement other stuff considering some former testers have talked about these issues to the public... and the biggest culprit is too much invaluable content in any given month. I know they possess quality; they just need more time to display that quality, because first impression means a lot to new players.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  15. Queen600

Queen600 MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Some people quit mainly because of slow updates and lack of inventory space because they couldn't buy Dc's

16. Capt.Harlock

Capt.Harlock MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I almost quit the game too. I think why some players quit. Because they are busy in life like need to focus studying or busy at work or in fam. But for me i almost quit because its so unfair to everyone that aq3d is giving unique items that some ppl can afford or get

Wilder94 likes this.
  17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    We don't have all the time in the world so life can get busy time to time. Favoritism is something that make people quit, but I am not one of those people.

18. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I disagree with inventory issues, though there are problems with items in particular (items being obtainable once [i.e. Mystic Robes], not being able to delete items [i.e. Basic Guns], no shop to rebuy back your items [i.e. a lot of promo items], quest items taking inventory space when you really don't need an inventory item version that takes up space [i.e. Pirate's Bounty and Torn Map]). Other than that, I've been able to play fine on several alts, and even when my inventory was full, there was always the extra earnable bank vault at the Battleon Bank.

19. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    The lack of inventory space isn't really a reason to quit to be honest. Even though there are some problems with certain items. You don't need that many pieces of equipment to play and because of that there are still many inventory slots left to use and you can have up to 2 bank vault slots right now without paying DCs for more.

20. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Looks like we're getting +20 free inventory slots anyway, but I think that was mainly because of loot box rewards easily taking up inventory spaces rather than any of the previous inventory discussions. At least inventory will be less of a problem, and I wonder if this will also affect how much bank vault space we have (like how much room you have in a single bank vault) or if it's just the main inventory.