1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite 2D Flash MMORPG But I Forgot Its Name

Discussion in 'MMO Requests' started by poikilos, Jul 26, 2018.

1. poikilos

poikilos Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Can you help me name that game?
    There was an online 2D flash RPG with an isometric perspective.
    This is what I know:
    * You could go into an isometric world where you could fight monsters and collect treasure. I think the battles retained the same isometric view but I don't remember. As you progressed, black hidden parts would open up and you could go on different paths to uncover more, and then go to different areas. You had a certain amount of energy for walking a certain number of squares and that recharged over time. I think there were some sort of sign posts. The first area may have been called newbie island or starting area something similar.
    * You could also go to a duel arena where you could fight another player from a side view.
    * There was a regular currency and premium currency--one of the currencies was gems I think.
    * One day, there was a popup on the site that gave a survey about whether you like "hidden object games." I didn't know what hidden object games were at the time, so I said I liked them since I thought the game I was playing was a hidden object game (due to the way the exploration of the isometric world worked). The survey results were probably severely skewed since other players probably made the same mistake. A few days or so later, the site announced that they would be ceasing to run the MMORPG and instead focus on making hidden object games. I was so mad, and felt I made a terrible mistake on the survey and that the developers were totally out of touch and were destroying a whole community based on a mistake. They may have also mentioned something about profitability and the server power required for the MMORPG to stay online.

At first I thought the game was Gaia Online, where I had an old account, but I couldn't find any screenshots or YouTube videos about any version of Gaia online or other game that had the features above.
    I looked up the keywords a few years ago, a few months ago, and again today. I couldn't find the game or even the name of it. Today when I searched I found some games with similar graphics that may help you name the game. The isometric world where you could fight monsters looked similar to Dofus Touch. The duel arena matches were similar to EpicDuel.

I would really like any kind of help solving this mystery!

2. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Hey is this aqw ? Or advneturequest

3. poikilos

poikilos Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Thanks, but the game wasn't one of those. The battles in AdventureQuest and AdventureQuest World are similar to the game I played. The art style in battles was similar to AQW but I think the characters were shorter (slightly more Chibi body proportions), and the game I saw had a diagonal tile-based overworld.

4. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Hmm interesting I will look for this .. I'll let u know if I find something

5. Raffiel

Raffiel Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Did you find it and why are you seeking it if you're certain that it shut down?
    Also, u might like these 2D MMOs -->

6. poikilos

poikilos Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hi, thanks for the 2D MMOs, but I already know most of them. Also, after watching the video, I still prefer the one I played by far because it has a blend of retro console style, modern style, and elective PvP matches that I haven't found elsewhere. Even though I'm sure it shut down, I want to contact the company and see if they have other projects or games based on the game, who the developers were, and if the company or any of the individual developers are able and willing to open up the source code or make the game or a game by the same developers available in any way.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  7. poikilos

poikilos Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I have good news...I found it! The game is Deep Realms by Disney's Playdom! I was searching gmail to delete thousands of junk e-mails, and found something useful
    • It was discontinued in 2011, as you can see from the Deep Realms Facebook page.
    • That was shortly after their poorly-worded survey, which I also found in my inbox, entitled: "What Do You Think About Hidden Object Games?" dated 9/29/2011 (then by searching my e-mail for Playdom, I found the title "Deep Realms" and confirmed that was it via screenshots online).
    • Thanks for your efforts!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I found gameplay on YouTube as well now that I know the name. The 2D boned sprites even show all of the equipment you bought:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019