1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

[AQ3D] Is it worth it to become a Kickstarter?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Setsou, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Setsou

Setsou Brute

Credit:
    I'll just listen to your Opinion Guys.

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    If you want to support a kickstarter and like what it's about then yes, but if you don't then no. I mean it's too subjective to answer that from neutral standpoint because not everyone thinks the same way.

3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I wonder how the Moglin Kickstarter will conflict with the first Kickstarter, like would new Kickstarter backers be able to get certain stuff old Kickstarter backers were able to get like a Kickstarter portrait. I think it really just depends on the in-game items though. If they're all just Moglin transformations or Moglin pets, probably not worth it as much since variety feels limited, but if you're both an AQWorlds player and an AQ3D player then you might find it to be worth it. It really just depends.

4. OminusSky

OminusSky Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I understand it when they explain the hard work that goes into content creation for the game. But as of now, Kickstarters hasn’t shown me anything that would make it worth being one unless you are a super fan of AE. Us, regular players do appreciate the kick starter, but we aren’t so tempted for designing our own stuff in game if people are starting to quit/retire/take a break from the boredom. In fact, occasionally I see an alpha knight or legendary founder like what, every other-other event, and only for a few minutes before they log off. Custom weapons comes really close to changing my mind. But how the game is still beta-eternal... idk. Trends keep changing and moving, ppl are migrating to games like fortnight and PUBG, all my friends left me back when the new GTA was released. The multi-platform niche is becoming obsolete or has become... So whatever AE comes up with next, better do it now chop chop. Every player kills the new events like in a day or two, then the recurring complaint crops up... “bored again.”

5. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah, if the game was already out of Beta, it could prove more to players like how established the game is. Only things going rare would really be the $500 packages and above since you'll most likely be able to get the individual Moglins through HeroMart, and the $500 packages and above would really depend on whether someone really wanted to design a Moglin or not, and whether it's worth the money.

OminusSky likes this.
  6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I want to see how this Moglin Kickstarter will go compared to AQ3D's Kickstarter. I don't think it will be as popular, but it will go somewhere hopefully.

7. Pyo31

Pyo31 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    wished I could still buy Kickstarter so much

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Latest and upcoming Moglin Kickstarter has an option to pledge 100$ to get just the codes for virtual items. It's good for those who only want codes and if you pledge 20$ more you will get all the plushies!

9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Might be a great offer to some, but it lacks variety in my opinion. In the previous Kickstarter, you had more variety like weapons, armors, capes, and so on, but with the Moglin Kickstarter, you just get Moglin pets. I mean if you plan to use most or even all of the Moglin pets, then it might be worth it, but I think it'd be better just to get one or two Moglins since you're likely not going to use them all, unless you really wanted the Shadow Moglin. And between the $120 version and $100 virtual version, I think just paying $20 more for the plush is a better offer.

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    The theme of this Kickstarter is about pets/plushies so anything else besides that is not really fitting. Not everyone is into plushies so having an opportunity to just get codes for virtual items is great! I mean it's less work for those who make those plushies for AE to sell on Heromart. Plan behind this Kickstarter was to get those plushies to production and if everyone just pledges 120$, it could lead to Kickstarter not being profitable and just flop because getting those plushies done isn't cheap so people having an option to get just codes is a good thing!

11. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think it's very worth it. At least the original kickstarter was. Maybe not the new moglin one. But if it lasts on backerkit for a few more months I'll probably buy the $100 kickstarter.

12. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    If I know AQ3D has kickstarter before, I bet I already paid for it. I need more bag spaces and I envy those +10 bag space of kickstarter

13. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's only 10 extra bag spaces lol.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Those extra spaces make all the difference!

15. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah you are probably right. My friend has pack mule on two accounts though neither of them are actual kick-started accounts, apparently pack mule was still obtainable after the kick-started ended though it is rare now.

16. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    those precious 10 slots are so valuable and rare lol, I hope in future I can expand my bag with DC
    yes, I can put more junk there :D ah I mean more cosmetic gear and crafting material from daily quest

17. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah but I'm okay with only being able to expand your bank as long as they add bank pets.

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    People who bough guardian during pre beta did get it even if they didn't get it through the kickstarter.

19. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Ah makes sense. I wish I had played during that time. :/

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    We didn't really have that much to do back then. Get maxed and then just gold farm and then get that gold wiped when closed beta begun.