1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Pointe Less Isle

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Gamma001, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    What do you all think of the new beach map that will be added? I like the idea of having a beach map but the problem is that since there will most likely be no monsters, it'll just be like Yulgar's Inn or Battleon.

CanineAQ3D likes this.
  2. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    This is as I feared... It's happening now, and it's happening fast. Like a snowball going downhill and catching an avalanche as it gains speed, absolute wrecking ball. The map isn't the problem, heck there's so many ideas that you could implement around a beach area, events? Bosses maybe? Craft gear with stats or effects? But no. Cysero has even mentioned the summer collection that you'll be able to buy...

This game is officially DEAD. I'm talking in a coffin, but just hasn't been buried yet dead. The developers aren't even trying to hide it any longer. The plan all along was to cater to a bunch of furries and roleplayers that have no interest in a game. They want to wear outfits and talk to other people, and this is where it ends. Artix Entertainment are now not even hiding the fact that that's what they want for the game too. Easy money and a social hub, like a 3d club penguin or woozworld.

They aren't gonna back down now, well I gotta say well played. They conned me and several other people out of thousands by making it sound like they were actually interested in game mechanics and giving the older fans a gaming experience that takes it to the next level a bit. But since I've spent the money, I'm not gonna go and delete my account. I'll participate and have fun here and there where possible, but instead I'll be turning my attention towards real gaming and buying me a nintendo switch. Really sad tbh, and this game isn't even ' live ' yet.

3. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Upon review the game plan ... there aren't really any points which suggest real changes to game mechanics ... we should really try to make a strong suggestion about this ... the gameplay needs to become more complex ...

Within the entire list, there are just 3 things that seem to standout for me:
    • Challenge Fights (whatever these are ... I am assuming PvP)
    • Interruptible use bar (which suggests that skills become interruptable ... which is a vital component for good pvp)
    • Sidekicking (I'm not sure what this is ... but it could be good)
    • Guild Wars
    Tomorrow, I will start a thread on potential skill modifications that could vastly improve game play. Once we hash it out here ... I will try to get it to AE (somehow) for considertion...

Gamma001 and CanineAQ3D like this.
  4. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I'm glad someone else can see my frustration. They're literally turning this game into some pg dress up game, in that case why the 3d? Why the pretentiousness of it all. Why didn't they say from the get go, this is what we're planning?! I know why, cause then nobody would have donated to their kickstarter, and they were aware of this.

The challenge fights were one of the main things mentioned during the kickstarter, that's the worst part! When I ranted the other day that they didn't give us what the kickstarter told us the vision of the game would be. Artix himself responded to me, saying how he's sorry that I feel this way. He then said that with the barber shop they hit their stride!? Are you kidding me? A milestone, what does this dude consider an accomplishment if that's a milestone? Then he mentioned dragon graveyard which as I predicted was just more crap. Just more craft items with no real meaning or rarity to it. Just more mindless grinding for no good reason.

Everyone thinks Adam Bohn is this cheery middle aged guy that runs around with a fake axe and laughs all the time. The guy is nothing like this in the real world, he's completely disconnected from his games and the company, as long as the dollars keep rolling in. Also Maelious, you're a very nice guy so I'll tell you now... With Artix Entertainment, being nice and politely asking about things that need fixing gets no results. They only respond when their image is under threat, like when Ash exposed Adam for who he really is and he was forced to backtrack and act nice and easy about it.

Since people probably think I'm a troll or just an angry person at this point, here's some features that'll easily make this game playable and not a scam:

1. Trading: If you're gonna make your game as fun as getting kicked between the legs, you might as well give players the opportunity to trade items among themselves, makes the kick less painful.

2. The classes need reworked skill trees, maybe add 2 or 3 skills extra and start implementing stats. Now I know this would probably be a lot more difficult than I'm making it sound, but this game needs it, anything to break away from the aqw's formula where all you do is smash your buttons in any order and the monster dies.

3. Daily boss drops? Remember how we funded more than double the goal for the kickstarter? One of the stretch goals was daily boss drops, they've probably forgotten about that lie but it would have been nice. Maybe rare items that are available for a month then disappear forever. If they can make events like that stickolas cage event then they can easily create some random monsters that give us rare stuff to hunt, like encourage players to work in teams to get a 5% drop.

aq3d can actually be a fun little game, but the developers are fine letting people play dress up and lying to get that cash, that's easier for them.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  5. Well there is always Clawg Island for TLaPD which is more or less of a beach. More of an island, really, but it has the summer feel to it and it has Clawg monsters and other enemies.

6. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Another AFK map

7. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Is the new isle a permanent area, do you know something about it? Will the beach pack leave some day?

8. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Pointe Less Isle came out with The Summer Collection so i think it's a seasonal map.

9. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Did someone fix the spelling on this? I was too lazy to.

10. It probably isn't seasonal. I think the only thing seasonal are the collection items. It just seems so redundant for the AQ3D team to add "Mysterious Islands" and include Pointe Less Isle in the travel menu when they could just add a seasonal NPC in Battleon who redirects the player to the map. I'm guessing it'll end up like Dage's Underworld where the map will be permanent, but whatever collection is in the map will be seasonal.

11. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i love the beach map<3

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    This make has had some attention like few streams took place there and small dev events so in the future, i can see more events taking place there.

13. Pyo31

Pyo31 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Its fun and refreshing map, like the whole idea for it be seasonal or not and keep adding routes or mini games

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Minigames could add flavor this map so i don't see harm in it.

15. Think it would have been better if it had mini-games, or something to keep players occupied while waiting for Klawg to respawn. A beach mini-game wouldn't have been a bad idea at all.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Exactly! There is quite a bit of down time before Klawg respawns so having people do something while waiting, like playing mini-games of some kind so boredom doesn't kick in as fast.