1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions on How To Improve GameOgre.com

Discussion in 'Lists and Directory' started by ogreman, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    We could be opening up the shop more very soon:).

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Hey @ogreman! Is it possible to add Members page to here what is below this text? thingy.PNG

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    You mean adding a members page on the blog under one of those? Hmmm, maybe but only see Lairs or shop where it may fit under.

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Yeah, that is what i meant because we have Members page here too on that page bar. I suggested it for the sake of consistency.

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Will see what can be done:).

6. Some of the currently forum games could be improved, so I'll add some of my own suggestions that would help to improve them:

Suggestion #1) Improvement to Ogre Wars Challenges.

Currently, every single Ogre War Challenge result is considered "DNF" ("did not finish") as rolls against challengers are infrequent instead of daily.

Additionally, I've noticed a lot of the challenges issued are against forum members who are inactive - i.e. haven't logged on in years or against a user that is likely never going to accept a challenge.

Solution to improve this game:
    1. A challenge begins Sunday until Saturday, and repeats starting every Sunday.
    2. A challenger can roll three dice against another opponent (can be any day of that week).
    3. Challenger can only roll three dice against ONE player in a single day, but can challenge up to three players throughout the week. (e.g. challenger rolls 3 dice against one challenger on Monday, 3 dice on another challenger on Tuesday, and 3 dice on the final challenger on Thursday).
    4. If a challenger does not respond to a challenge, that challenge should not be scored.

Suggestion #2) New purpose to Best Ogre Dice Rolls.

Idea: I think a Best Ogre Dice roll could be turned into a mulligan roll. If a player forgets to roll a dice (e.g. player rolls two dice instead of three in a game where there are multiple rolls like Ogre Jail Break on a given day, and that player also posted a roll in Best Ogre Dice Rolls on that same day, the Best Ogre Dice roll can be used to fill the missing roll).

Additional purpose, to fit the theme of "Best Roll": If a player scores a red 100 in Best Ogre Dice Rolls, the player can choose which forum game to apply that red 100 to. For example, if the player is stuck on freeing the ogre in Ogre Jail Break and remains unfortunate in that game, but manages to roll a red 100 in Best Ogre Dice Rolls, that player can use their red 100 in Best Ogre Dice Rolls to free the ogre by announcing in that respective game that they want to apply their Best Ogre Dice roll.

Suggestion #3) New: A Wildcard Forum Game

Unlike current forum games where you just roll, the idea behind this suggestion is to increase engagement by encouraging participation.

The wildcard forum game would occur every once in a while (maybe weekly, bi-weekly or even monthly) with a random activity ranging from solving a puzzle or a riddle, answering correctly on a general video game trivia, solving a mystery picture (i.e. solve something game-related like a character, item, etc. from a pixelated picture of that game-related object), participating in a contest (i.e. art, writing, game-making, etc.), and so on.

Suggestion #4) Seasonal Forum Games

I think current season-themed forum games should be rotated by season. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to keep a forum game like Ogremas open year-round. With that said, there could be one seasonal forum game open for each month:

- January: Happy Ogremas! (New Year)
    - February: Ogre Bowl (Superbowl)
    - March: Lucky Ogre (St. Patrick's Day)
    - April: Ogre Egg Hunt (Easter)
    - May: Clubbed Taco (Cinco de Mayo)
    - June: Ogre Summer (Summer theme)
    - July: Ogre Summer (Summer theme)
    - August: Ogre Summer (Summer theme)
    - September: X Marks the Ogre (Pirate theme)
    - October: Club or Treat (Halloween)
    - November: Zombie Turkey Hunt (Thanksgiving)
    - December: Happy Ogremas! (Christmas)

ogreman likes this.
  7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Thanks for the suggestions, Snowy:). May try a few of these!