1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Which low drop has tested your patience the most?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by CanineAQ3D, Apr 21, 2018.

1. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    For my first thread, I decided to talk about my favourite subject, RARES.

So, after painstakingly spending 8 hours killing valek with a dedicated group of randoms in game, it finally dropped. The red dragon plate, we all went crazy. This item tested my patience, but nowhere near that of the infamous a frogzard ate my head helm. I have killed that mammazard literally 100s of times and no drop. I'm still currently hunting.

I have tried for midas' curse but no real serious attempts so that's been manageable. Another one would be the greenguard rare chest drop, traveler's pack. So feel free to share with everyone what has frustrated you or presented the greatest rare item obstacle?

2. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Soulborne has killed my patience, totally given up on that thing.

OminusSky likes this.
  3. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Since I like to call myself a Frogzard, I've been trying to farm for Frogzard at my head. However, it doesn't want to drop for me. RNG (and Mamazard) doesn't like me.

4. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Just gotta be patient and keep at it ... maybe just kill it 10 times a day to try your luck :)

CanineAQ3D and Gamma001 like this.
  5. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Frogzard helmet for me

6. Nekro

Nekro Club Swinger New Ogre
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Sb axe, so far 1000+ keys burnt...

OminusSky likes this.
  7. Soulborne Axe still. Been at that one for over 6 months, and been trying to farm Midas' Curse for about 2 weeks now.

OminusSky likes this.
  8. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    soulborne axe was so hard to get. but i got it after daily hunt for 2-3 months last year. now midas curse is playing hard to get :-/

9. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Soulborne Axe and Midas' Curse. I haven't really had time to farm them for a while now, but i will get to them later for sure!

10. OminusSky

OminusSky Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Easily SBA, it’s gotten ridiculous. All of the free keys amounting in hundreds, if not thousands, months of farming, every key is used on tower dungeon just for hunting SBA, the compounding chest rarity then “weapon being in the chest” rarity. I’ve asked many times, is the SBA still even in the game. It’s listed in wiki as green uncommon. Which I think it needs to be changed to gold legendary or something. None of the color of rarity indicators mean anything in the game for virtually any item. Yet people have it and got it easily, and some people not at all. My frustration with it is what’s making me think of quitting the game honestly. It gives you a perspective farming SBA for so long and hard wasting so much time that there’s gotta be a better game than this. Making me eye ball other games to dedicate myself to.

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AQ3D team should just change it to epic (purple) quality like they did with Midas' Curse and the grind is real with Soulborne Axe. I still haven't gotten one myself, but i will get it someday!

OminusSky likes this.
  12. Yeah, I don't understand the point of quality tags, if they're not going to reflect the nature of how hard it is to obtain an item. I think Traveler's Pack and Doom Ripper, for instance, are still considered common drops even though they are nowhere close to being common, especially the fact that they drop from Rare Chests, but not Common Chests. I think a lot of items have inconsistent tags.

OminusSky likes this.
  13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yep, inconsistency is a problem with item qualities. I hope AE won't just leave them like that either, but i think that they will at least do something about it during zone rewamps.

14. Actually got Soulborne Axe yesterday. Still going to say it's the longest rare hunt, about over 6 months, if we're going by number of days doing dungeon runs rather than the actual time spent. Otherwise Midas' Curse which I spent so many hours each day farming for.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Heromanguy12 likes this.
  15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Congratulations @Snowy! Do you mind putting a screenshot to your post to show it off?

16. Satsui

Satsui Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    For me the Frogzard ate my head.

17. Setsou

Setsou Brute

Credit:
    Me too, lag and low internet..dang.. i hate it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yep, it can be quite tedious to farm for a low drop chance item.

19. Frogzard helm doesn't seem too bad compared to Midas' Curse. There's less running around and more fighting monsters, and the drop rate for the helm might actually be on par with Midas' Curse. One thing I don't like about farming for the helm is that you're not prompted with a message of whether you want to leave the zone or not; it just kicks you out of the map if you accidentally walk out of bounds, which can be very frustrating when you're fighting waves of monsters over and over again. Other than that, you can't just pick up all of the drop at once since one of the items doesn't stack, so you have to check the loot list thoroughly.

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    There should be a toggle option to give a confirmation to leave area honestly, i did miss the loot few times because of it. I did even lose my loot when i defeated Mammazard, the exit beam spawned and i got teleported out without me even getting a chance at checking what i got.