1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Terminologies You Use

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Sep 20, 2018.

1. AQ3D has a significant amount of terminologies players often use. Various examples include rare when referring to an item that won't ever appear in future releases, low-drop when referring to low-drop items, morphs/forms/transformations when referring to travel forms, Yulgar when referring to the inn of Battleon, Zard when referring to a Frogzard, and so on.

Do you use any of these terminologies? Are there other terminologies you've stumbled upon?

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I feel that terminology rare can be misleading to those who are new to AQ3D's or AQW's terminologies. Word rare is used to refer to an item that is less likely to be obtained compared to other items so i can see some people scratching their heads over it compared AQ3D's usage for the word.

Gamma001 likes this.
  3. It's just a term old players are used to, especially the early players (Tech Demo and Alpha); in other words, it's a tradition. Most players from those phases have played other AE games, so they're used to that term. I don't see it changing anytime soon, especially if developers try to eradicate that specific usage of the word rare and push for other terms. I've even seen players still call travel forms as morphs despite Cysero correcting them. That's not to say developers pushing for specific terminologies to their desire is impossible, seeing that they managed to get players to refer to "Member" as "Legend" in AQWorlds, but I would like to see players decide for themselves how we call things and not have developers dictate how things should be called. Players create their own terms in a lot of other games, after all, especially when they need a shorter/easier/better way of saying things, because of popularity or tradition, or because there isn't an already existing term to describe something.

4. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I have been playing enough to be in that group of "oldies" and i still don't use that terminology when talking about something rare. I am pretty sure that it was pulled from AQWorlds anyway because that's where most of AQ3D's playerbase came from in the beginning.

5. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I'm fine if people call me a Zard. However, I hate when people call me a Frog. Do I look like one? Technically, Frogzards are Dragons in AQ3D so I'm not a frog? I need to ask Mamazard that.

6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I have been called Hero, Heroman, Heromanguy or just Heromanguy12.

7. I'm used to hearing the demonyms of people who played in the early stages just being called "Alpha Testers", "Beta Testers", and "Founders", probably since those are terms that exist in other AE games like AQWorlds and HeroSmash. I guess they're more official since you can find character page badges with those words in some shape or form.

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    They do feel more official because those terminologies are tied to in game content like badges and items.

9. But of course, when there's no term to describe specific things, people will find their own terms, and it can be confusing to players who aren't familiar with them. For instance, probably the biggest mess I've ran into is when players are trying to describe a map, and there just isn't

• Region - A spot denoting a group of areas. For instance, the Battleon region includes Yulgar's Inn, Battleon, the Magic Shoppe, and so on.
    • Map/Location/Area - Any place in the game, which includes regular areas (Battleon, Yulgar's Inn, Doomwood Forest, etc.), dungeons, challenge maps, and raids.
    • Instance - An area where the variable are the players. For example, the first instance of Battleon may have ten players while the second instance of Battleon may have only six.
    • Dungeon - Any location that can group players in a party upon entering the location (either public dungeon or private dungeon). Most dungeons include a dungeon window.
    • Public Dungeon - Denotes the dungeons that don't display a window; therefore, they're always going to be public, or dungeons that have the option of being played private that are being played public by the player's choice.
    • Raid Dungeon - A dungeon that's meant to be completed in a quick manner, usually a dungeon that consists of waves of monsters.
    • Part - The different dungeon rooms/chambers. For instance, you start off in a dungeon part, then after you kill monsters and enter through a portal or a waypoint, you enter into another dungeon part.
    • Challenge Maps - Any area, whether a regular area or a dungeon, that consists of defeating a boss as the main goal.

Same with rarity.

• Rarity - A general term for describing what an item is.
    • Quality Rarity - The rarity that describes the item based on the item's text color (Junk, Common, Uncommon, Awesome, Epic, Legendary).
    • Junk - Describes items with a gray colored title, usually items that are easy to obtain from shops and mostly monster drops.
    • Common - Describes items with a white colored title.
    • Uncommon - Describes items with a green colored title, usually with average stats.
    • Awesome - Describes items with a blue colored title, usually items with great stats.
    • Epic - Describes items with a purple colored title, usually items with better stats than Awesome items of the same level.
    • Legendary - Describes items with an orange colored title, usually associated with very special items and tend to not have any stats.
    • Seasonal - Describes anything that would return seasonally (e.g. Frostval items, Mogloween quests, etc.).
    • Special Offer - A general term describing Promotional, Guardian, and Kickstarter things.
    • Promotional - Describes anything that ran through promotions, particularly items (e.g. convention in-game items, promo capes, etc.)
    • Guardian - Describes items/maps/quests/etc. accessible by becoming a Guardian or a Dragon Guardian.
    • Kickstarter - Anything accessible through the support of an AQ3D Kickstarter (e.g. Alpha Pirate Shop, Shadow Wolf, etc.).
    • Removed - Items that were removed from the game, or from people's inventory (e.g. 2P Blade).
    • Rare - Items/maps/etc. that used to be available, but are no longer available. Not the same as removed since players can own rare items, but can't own removed items, for instance.

And same with transformations.

• Transformation / Form / Morph - Items labeled with an eye icon that can transform the player. Includes subcategories for forms such as travel, slow, stationary, rider, and creature.
    • Travel Form / Travel Morph - Forms intended for travel (above normal walking speed).
    • Slow Form/Morph & Stationary Form/Morph - Items with incredibly low speeds (slow) or 0% speed (stationary) like the Bush Root and Strange Key.
    • Pseudo-mounts / Rider Forms / Rider Morphs - Not a mount, but a form that resembles one (e.g. Elite Guardian Rider, Stickolas Cage in Gone in Sticksty Seconds).
    • Creature Form/Morph - Items that transform into creatures as opposed to objects (e.g. wolf, dragon, dricken, etc.)
    • Temporary Form/Morph - Items that can transform a number of times (e.g. Half-eaten Cheese, Blue Ogre Foot, etc.)

So yeah, people have tried finding many ways to describe stuff.

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Rarities do have inconsistencies which has been a problem since they were introduced in AQW and inconsistencies continue in AQ3D.

11. NaMjOoN

NaMjOoN Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    didnt know there were any specific aq3d terms. only one i knoe is afk

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AFK is an universal term so it's not a surprise to see it used in AQ3D.

13. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    As for me experience like when I was new, It pretty much comes down to knowing the important items and acronyms.

(1) By item, i mean i was new and don't really know what items were important
    - For example, when I was in Dreadfool's laboratary and still new, I fairly knew midas was important because everyone was talking about it (pretty popular)
    Now the problem, I got a Dreadfool's Cards. For some reason i thought these were craftable. It didn't occur to me that they were rare drops. I ended up deleting them because of inventory space.
    - Another example, a story i heard from another friend. They didn't know soulborne axe was rare. They thought it was ugly, had bad stats. They end up straight deleting it.

(2) Acronyms, for example
    DF --> Dreadfool
    BR --> Bottom right
    BL --> Bottom Left
    TR --> Top Right
    TL --> Top Left
    AP --> Artix Points
    DC --> Dragon Crystals

and a bunch more

14. Mil10KOgre

Mil10KOgre Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    When I get involved in rare chest farming with people we tend to use acronyms to describe the chest locations. The primary three are Skull Tower, ST, Greenguard, GG, or Doomwood, DW. It can be funny to use the last two acronyms since they also stand for "Good Game" or "Don't Worry," respectively.

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Terms can get mixed sometimes with more universally used terms.

16. Tywin Lannister

Tywin Lannister Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    The most obvious I can think of, and most useful are the corner terms in the Labyrinth for farming Midas. BL, TR, etc.

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That is the place where i have heard the most directional terms being used so far.

18. Still prefer quadrants (Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4) or compass directions (NW, NE, SW, SE). Using TR, TL, BL, BR to mean top and bottom of a direction confuses people considering that Dreadfool's Labyrinth does have two floors. Guess everyone has their own way of describing things.

19. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    We have discussed this already when we were farming and i still think that you are the one that confuses people, but everyone has their own way to tell directions to others as you said.

20. Glim

Glim Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    in dreadfools labyrinth we use tr tl bl br for chest location it means top right, top left, bottom right, bottom left.