1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D PVP

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by CuriousLeun, Oct 16, 2018.

1. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Let's Discuss about PVP

(1) What are your thoughts on the implementation of PVP?
    (2) What do you want in PVP?
    (3) What do you think will be the tier list ranking for each class?

2. Azula

Azula Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    (1) What are your thoughts on the implementation of PVP? I think when they first release pvp it'll be a flop. If they implement it properly I would see it working.
    (2) What do you want in PVP? For pvp, i'd like to see some kind of ranking system, like a leaderboard, guild leaderboards.

Theres a lot of possibilities with the release of pvp. If theyre smart about it, it could go well.

3. SethGolde

SethGolde MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    1 Opinion sentence:

On my opinion the pvp would probably look boring in the game. But unless if they add more weapons, armors, items that could make your stats increase or boost. Because you know when battlin you need a good stats or else you might get knocked out

4. NaMjOoN

NaMjOoN Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    1) PVP would be really useful to experiment different armors and their stats so ithink it would be a great add to the game

2) Sandbox PVP where you can choose any armor (even ones you dont own) before the match starts. i think this eould help players see which armor stats would be more beneficial to them.

5. EMINƎM

EMINƎM MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Well it makes the game more fun and exciting. Not only for grinding items. Cause nowadays almost all players have the rares and nothing to do more. PVP makes it interesting.

6. Pain3729

Pain3729 MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Im looking forward to this but i think almost all players have the same stats haha..so hopefully they would add more good stats stuff

7. I think it should be very open-world, where you can explore around. I would like to see classes make great use in PvP, like Mage class being able to stun players (especially other range players), but also melee class have a farther attack range (where you can attack players from further away) and maybe certain PvP-exclusive boosts (speed boost for Rogue class; damage boost for Warrior class), so range classes won't become the de facto classes to choose. Onto gameplay style, I would like to see a capture the flag style game mode.

And going onto PvP limitations:
    - Forms should not be allowed in PvP zones as there would be a major disadvantage
    - Classes should reset upon entering a PvP zone, so stockpiling skills (such as ultimate skills) isn't exploited to give an unfair advantange
    - Strict level scaling is need for balanced gameplay (can't have a level 1 battle against a level 22 player)
    - PvP gear only

8. Romelyn

Romelyn MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Yeah TRUE

9. Ozuku

Ozuku Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Pvp wil definitely make the game more interesting. Im playing end game right now and there's literally nothing to do but afk in yulgar.

10. I would probably expect PvP to be heavily buggy and exploitable on the first day it comes out. One of the problems is that people are already able to merge maps and walk on collisions they're not supposed to walk on which hasn't been fixed entirely. Issues that may arise is people finding way to cheese the combat or find ways to bring items (e.g. potions) that they're not supposed to have. Having a PvP leaderboard should probably be delayed until PvP is 100% ready though.

11. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Is map merging still a thing? I though it was patched out?

12. ILoveOgre

ILoveOgre Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    The game would be fun ..im sure some people who stop playing aq3d would be back becoz of this awesome PVP

13. Nah. I've seen Stabeer using it to enter collision spots that would normally not be permitted (he even got the I Survived the Wall of Pain title without defeating the Wall of Pain). If that can't be fixed, then I could imagine PvP being heavily exploited, especially if leaderboards are involved. They ought to fix those sort of bugs before releasing anything major such as PvP.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AE should get it fixed because map merging does lead to exploiting of maps. It will certainly be a problem for PvP.

15. Mr. Ogre man

Mr. Ogre man MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I want pvp in game because some ppl are so bullsheit they bullying some noob guy that newbie in game i dont think thats fair. Thats why AE please make pvp

16. Sskarll

Sskarll MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I hope pvp can earn DC when i win lol

17. Nah, people would abuse it heavily however they can if earning DCs was possible via PvP, possibly even through bots. DCs would have to be regulated (like earning a certain amount daily via ads or something).

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It would be certainly abused in such a way as you stated if you could get DCs by doing PvP. Bots could be a problem regardless of PvP giving DCs or not so i do hope AE can figure something out.

19. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    An easy way to regulate it would be to put a cap on it. Highly likely though, people will probably find a glitch.

Too Obvious likes this.
  20. Yeah, and it's probably a good idea that they postponed PvP. It was scheduled for October, but a feature that big would require more care.