1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Live Event Coins

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    They won't be able to cater to all time zones. I'd like for Live Events to be more common though, or see the robe they added be purchasable for DCs so people who couldn't make it could have a chance at the items. I think the Artix's Direwolf Gloves drop was a bit unfair to be honest since nobody really expected that.

2. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I definitely would want more events like this

Too Obvious likes this.
  3. Mr. Ogre man

Mr. Ogre man MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I missed every live event in game i hope i will came back again i want live event items so bad :(

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    We are with you on this one. If there is going to be more live events, they should be announced better when they take place.

5. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    The MOP Event was announced. Fisn randomly spawning live event chests was not (this was rather random).

Too Obvious likes this.
  6. Sskarll

Sskarll MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Im so happy they make skull tankard available to buy by using DC

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It was to expected considering the fact that it's a legion item after all.

8. Blackmage

Blackmage MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I missed all live event tokes i wonder when they make live event again

9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    There has only been three occurrences of Live Event Coins being available (2 were unexpected and 1 was expected):
    - When Death's Lair first came out (unexpected)
    - During a Twitch stream in Yulgar's Inn (expected)
    - In the Mega Don challenge map (unexpected)

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I didn't know about Death's Lair release one and I heard about the third occurrence afterwards. Only time I got some was during the expected occurrence.

11. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    First occurrence was more of a test than an actual event. Artix spawned a Live Event Chest at the fountain in Battleon globally, and I think he even spawned some in the Death Intro maps for those who weren't in Battleon at that time.

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It was more like a beta test before that stream. AQ3D, the game in beta that has beta tests on it.

13. MadmaxFuryRoad

MadmaxFuryRoad MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Doea live event coin will. E obtainable again?

14. Jacksalunday

Jacksalunday MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I hope its came back again I missed all of the events

15. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Probably, but there doesn't seem to be an immediate plans for another event. You could ask the developers when there'll be another event, and if there's a lot of support for another event, they might throw in another event whenever they can fit it in. I think only Artix is allowed to spawn in the Live Event Chests.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That is the case, what I am aware. It could get out of hand otherwise.

17. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yesterday's live event felt really out of tune, despite that it featured Golden Direwolf Boots this time as the grand finale instead of gloves. There was no heads up announcement a week in advance (not even a day in advance), and it was also days after the last event (December 1st) which had the same issue that the recent event had. Like we didn't have an event for the entire month of October and November, but somehow ended with two events so far this month alone. If they're planning to make events more frequent, that would be really nice, but if they're making it for rare occasions, at least scheduling one for each month and making announcements in advance would make sense than throwing events at an erratic pattern.

Part of what made this event out of tune was that despite having so many Frostval references, they didn't end it with a server shutdown to release the Frostvale map, not even have a major live stream from their ArtixEntertainment Twitch channel or from non-regular AQ3D streamers (who are more about game news) sponsor their game to showcase the event. It was mainly to bring hype to the audience, but the hype only lasted for as long as the event and then everything became normal again. A perfect timing for an event would have been if they had the event with a bunch of Frostval references to build hype AND then did a server shutdown to bring a new Frostval release.

And of course, the event was hosted in Yulgar's Inn as usual. It was laggy as usual considering the room cap holds like 25 players and the drops were hard to click on with that much of a crowd. I do hope they host the event next time in a one-player map, at the very least, or in a map that won't lag as hard and doesn't hold an insane number of players, especially for mobile players who do struggle the most during these events. I think they should host the next Live Event for the upcoming in-game GameOgre event along with the upcoming /join BlueOgre map, especially to help showcase the GameOgre community to new AQ3D players, if you ask me.

So in short, tying in live events with streams (e.g. ArtixEntertainment and MassivelyOP streams), other events (e.g. GameOgre events), and pre-releases (e.g. before major releases, especially before new storyline releases) would make a lot more sense.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I do agree that it came out of nowhere, I only found about it when I saw Artix's tweet about it when I was checking AQ3D.com.

It felt like a prequel to things to come and to be honest. It would have been better if it got announced beforehand and took place on Thursday like how this years Frostval comes out.

At least I knew what to expect considering the fact that I attended to the first one that took place there. The lag was definitely noticeable and I almost disconnected at one point.

I would like to see live event chests appear during GameOgre event because it would make sense to have them, it's a live event after all. I want our community get more exposure and maybe even get more active members here!

19. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It will bro .. If you're active maybe you will see live event ,

20. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah, but not everyone can be active when the event occurs, especially when there's no schedule planned in advance. Like imagine going to sleep during the event, when you could have stayed up had you known there was going to be an event that day. Events need to be planned.