1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Happy Halloween to you as well. :)

2. Aaddron

Credit:
    I picked up Path of Fire expansion for Guild Wars 2, it's half off for the next 2 days if anyone is interested. $15! The starter mount is pretty nice and honestly completely worth the $15 itself if still playing through the main game. Makes movement much faster and the jumping ability is great. Would be fantastic for map completion. Hoping the expansion itself is fun though, we'll see.

3. Aaddron

Credit:
  4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Diablo Immortal, Blizzard's new Diablo mobile game turned Blizzard fandom into a frenzy, which in turn rustled a lot of jimmies across the video game verse and then Blizzard started censoring anger across its platforms. Now they are back peddling and trying to assure everyone that core Diablo games are still happening etc. Honestly it's all pretty insane, Blizzard handled it really bad but the fans... yikes. People love to be outraged I guess.

I think it has the potential to be a nice mobile game, ARPG fits mobile really well, it's just all the existing ones are either terrible design or mtx'd to death. Diablo Immortal could very well be no different but we don't know that yet. We'll see and if it's bad then Blizzard deserves all it's gets but until then I just don't get the outrage beyond the terrible handling of the announcement.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
  6. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Currently in a AQ3D costume contest with a theme of "spoopy". I am in the top 5.

How does sharing work?

I wonder. But here it is.

Costume contest on twitter

Too Obvious likes this.
  7. Aaddron

Credit:
  8. Aaddron

Credit:
    Pistons drop their fifth straight. Ouch. Was one of the weirder endings I've seen and at least it was close but they just can't snap out of this slump. They got some easier teams coming up so hopefully that will help.

Switch has an interesting slate of titles this month. We got Diablo 3 a few days ago, Pokemon and Civ 6 coming on the 16th and then Mudrunners on the 27th. Diablo 3 turned out fantastic, it's a great port. Pokemon is a departure from the normal games but I was still interested until they announced you can't play using a pro controller. This is a big issue for me. With all the changes they've made I'm definitely in the wait and see camp an unless it's something special, I'll probably skip it until if they ever add pro controller support.

Civ 6 looks solid, kinda concerned about how the game will hold up in the late stages of matches and interested to know what all they scaled back. I also don't like that it doesn't come with the latest expansion so if it even makes it over... that'll be another pricey add-on after paying a full $60 for the game, an it'll take up space on the Switch itself. Overall what we've seen looks good though.

Mudrunners is an interesting one. I really like this game on Xbox but I'm cautious if it'll run well on Switch. It's not a game for everyone but assuming performance is good, it'll be a nice sim title for Switch. Also only $40 at launch.

Switch will close out the year with Smash on Dec. 7th. In terms of retail releases, really not much else. Smash Bros. Ultimate is looking very nice. It'll have the biggest roster to date and a brand new story mode. Looks like it will get continual support through 2019 as well. Should be a great way to end the year.

Last bit of Switch news, Youtube is rumored for the 8th of Nov. on Switch. Also rumored to be a second Nintendo Direct this month. My guess is the second Direct will be in the next week or so to hype up Pokemon, possibly a shoutout for Civ 6 too.

9. Aaddron

Credit:
  10. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I'm gonna go broke with all these mainstream games for Nintendo Switch.

Too Obvious likes this.
  11. Aaddron

Credit:
  12. Aaddron

Credit:
    Youtube for Switch is all but officially confirmed now, a feedback page has shown up for it and YouTube has liked a tweet saying how great it is to finally be getting Youtube on Switch. This is great, I know not everyone will use it but getting more apps like this only increase the functionality of Switch. Hopefully, it will lead to more like Netflix, Crunchyroll etc. If it's all legit, it should be on the 8th so we'll find out soon!

Warframe Switch dated for Nov. 20th!

It's been announced Smash Bros. Ultimate demo is hitting Best Buy stores as soon as this week! Sounds like it'll be all Best Buy's that have an existing Switch kiosk, so basically most of them. Just remember to bring hand sanitizer so you don't catch any illnesses from the tons of people who touch them controllers.

13. Aaddron

Credit:
  14. Aaddron

Credit:
    Xbox is holding an event on Nov. 10 at 4pm Eastern. It should be a good event and they are teasing new announcements, I wouldn't expect anything super major but who knows. They've also already announced they will be revealing 12 new games for Game Pass! Humble Bundle retweeted the event, sparking speculation an Xbox Humble Bundle may be announced as well.

Age of Empires Definitive Edition shows up as an Xbox One title on one of the Xbox sites in another region. This could very well just be a mistake but it's not out of the realm of possibility either. Xbox One is getting full keyboard and mouse support, Age of Empires being a first party title and never had controller support, would make a great first game to showcase this new feature.

Red Dead Redemption 2 has already (8 days) sold over 17 million copies! More than the first Red Dead Redemption has sold in 8 years!

Last, a bit of news that will shock no one, a job posting on Nintendo of Japan confirms Nintendo is now hiring for the next Legend of Zelda game. I doubt we'll see a new one any time soon and we all knew it was coming but it's still nice to see. Breath of the Wild is simply fantastic and I'm really excited to see what they do next. The only real information we have at this time is they said a while back that Zelda will continue to be open world going forward. This is Nintendo though, anything can change.

15. Aaddron

Credit:
  16. Aaddron

Credit:
    Youtube landed on Switch today as expected. It joins Hulu as the only two media apps available on Switch in the US.

My monitor is starting to show image retention or possibly even burn in, it's hard to say. It seems permanent as it doesn't go away as far as I can tell but burn in should really happen on LCD either so I don't know. I noticed something weird I think a few months ago now and thought it might be this but it didn't seem to be getting worse, last week though it started to get a lot more noticeable and then finally today I find the Windows start button on my Switch! Not great as I really don't want to buy a new one right now. Hopefully, it'll hold out for a bit and not rapidly decline further.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
  18. Aaddron

Credit:
    Looking forward to what should be an interesting weekend. Got an F1 race and the previously mentioned Xbox event. I wish the championship wasn't over already but maybe it'll still be a good race. As for the Xbox event, hoping the hype isn't a bust. Not expecting major announcements but hoping the ones they do make are at least worth something.

In a QA with Nintendo's president, he said what sounded like they may be bringing new DLC to Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Odyssey. To me, it didn't necessarily mean these games are getting more DLC. Kinda sounded like more they are examples of the type of games that going forward will get longer DLC support. Either way, it's interesting Nintendo seems to be going all in on the DLC train. An more DLC for them titles would be great, as long as they are a good value. Check out the quote here:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/181109e.pdf

19. Aaddron

Credit:
  20. Aaddron

Credit:
    Xbox event was pretty good! The big announcement being they've acquired Obsidian Entertainment, who is well known for a number of highly rated RPGs, like Kotor 2, Fallout New Vegas and Pillars of Eternity. They also acquired inXile Entertainment, best known for The Bard's Tale and Wasteland 2. So two studios with histories of RPGs, while the rumored Fable reboot is in the works... hmmmm :) Supposedly Playgrounds is making the game but I'm sure both will at least be a great asset to consult on it.

As for the two studios, Microsoft has said they will both continue to be mostly independent. Like the studios they bought earlier this year, it sounds like Microsoft is taking a more hands-off, you do you, we'll pay for it approach. Of course, it could all be lip service too but given how much success Sony has had with this model, they'd be stupid not to follow through.

Crackdown 3 got dated for Feb. 15, 2019. It sounds like it's for real this time.

Not gonna go through the new Game Pass games. Few launching today and most of the rest between now and end of Dec. They did add 16 though, which is nice and was some solid games in the mix as well. Game Pass is $1 for first month through early Jan. 2019.

Last, all Xbox consoles including X will be $100 off for Black Friday sale running Nov. 18 - 26th. Lowest retail price on the X yet. The digital game sale will start around the same time.