1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

frostval 2018

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by a, Dec 10, 2018.

1. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    hey friends , are u excited for frostval 2018? what do u wish to het this frostval ?
    i want to throw snowball and play with my besty xD.
    i wish we could build snowman too :crowngrin:

2. turkbro

turkbro Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    can't wait for snowball pvp.
    but i think we've got enough snowmen in battleon right now:smartass2:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Of all Frostval-related stuff, I'm hoping for the town of Frostvale like foreshadowed two years ago in the Blizzy cutscene. Mogloween had Mystcroft this year, so it makes sense for Frostval to get Frostvale this year as well. And maybe we'll get it, if they plan on adding a snowball fight area, since in AQWorlds, the snowball fight area is tied to the town of Frostvale.

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I am excited to see the town of Frostvale and that upcoming Frostlorn boss fight!

5. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I am excited to play snowball too

6. Romelyn

Romelyn MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    im so exited tooo, but i wish they add more cool capes in new collection.

7. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    yea i wanT cool cape in this frostval collection. also a santa hat :p

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It would be nice to have a santa hat. I would like to have a dark defender helm with a santa hat on top of it because why not?

9. Aerobous

Credit:
    Cool capes ? Like legion titan cloak XD

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Dage's Birthday is a few months away so more Legion items when it takes place! When it comes to Frostval themed capes/back items having a frost moglin on your back would be cool!

11. Aerobous

Credit:
    I really want to see some miltonius items on aq3d XD .. The dragon fiend of Nulgath is lit

12. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    They just rolled out Frostvale yesterday, and I have to say, I'm just not too impressed. My biggest criticism was their heavy reuse of content; while I agree they have to reuse some content with the small team they have, it just felt overdone and underwhelming considering how apparent the reskins were and just how many of them there were. Not only did they take weapons from a side-story and reskin them (Nightlocke weapons), but they even took custom weapon backer's weapons and reskinned them to a monochromatic blue as part of their glacial items, which did cause an uproar in the AQ3D Twitter community. I believe they ended up changing the glacial variant of Diov's scythe because of the uproar.

And probably my other big criticism was that the event ended up being rushed and unpolished, despite Cysero insisting yesterday that the release would be postponed. They ended up releasing it yesterday anyway. There were many problems like people getting their interface bugged when speaking to the NPC RayRay, one of the quests showing "@name" instead of the hero's name, and also the recurring dungeon issue where players defeat a boss without killing the rest of the monsters and it ends up frustrating newcomers finishing off those monsters even though the boss has already been defeated. I didn't see anyone complain that they wanted the release to be on Thursday, and I saw a lot of people on media say AE should take their time, so I really don't think they could excuse themselves for putting out a rushed release.

13. turkbro

Credit:
    well i'm glad we got the sweater, worth every second we wasted killing those bushes.

14. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    We weren't forced to kill those bushes during the end of the live event though. That was more for our entertainment, and I do think having an in-game sweater to encapsulate that event was purely optional for the developers.

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    When I arrived at Frostvale, I saw reused monsters and reused models all over the place. There are a few things, but it's mostly reused content. AE could have done this better, but I guess they have more focus on other things apparently. I am glad that we at least got something, but I don't want to see AE doing this with every single release they put up. It's understandable to have some reused content, but if everything is going to be just that then I am starting to get worried.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  16. Aerobous

Credit:
    im glad i log in yesterday and found out that the frostvale already out.. theres so many cool weapons out there.. specially the scythe !

17. turkbro

Credit:
    i never said we were forced to kill them. tho many people were hoping it'd drop something, i think the sweater was a good alternative. we at least got something cool out of spending hours killing an enemy with 50mil hp.

18. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    They would have been better off re-releasing the older Frostval content and actually revising that content instead of attempting to release new content with so many reused stuff. There are still issues like players blocking Blizzy in the main Frostval lobby, bad map designs where monsters appear behind the spawn point in dungeons, and the lack of revision to lower how long it takes to complete the insanely grindy Epic Yettun Cave dungeon. The fact that they're ignoring legitimate feedback that's been talked about in the past 2 years shows that they're more focused on content rather than the game's overall quality.

19. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Epic Yettun Dungeon is very tedious to farm even with a full party and that's ridiculous! It's more difficult run than most of the dungeon in AQ3D and Mogloween Epic Dungeon is pretty much the same when it comes to tediousness. We are literally just trying to get materials for cosmetics that are more time consuming to get than getting craftable items with actual stats!

20. Aerobous

Credit:
    Well .. No one will forced to kill a bush monster event .. This guy drop live event coin so everyone will kill it .