1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Official AQ3D Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by ogreman, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Not those who already have it though.

Ylber likes this.
  2. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Anyone know if the Ugly Bush Sweater armor will go rare?

Ylber likes this.
  3. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I really doubt it because it's obtainable from an area that is permanent content.

Ylber likes this.
  4. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah but that one dagger from Dage's birthday left the area after the event finished. But that item is seasonal. I just really want the bush sweater to be rare because I was one of the people that slaved away killing the 9m bush and the even harder one.

Ylber likes this.
  5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's a seasonal weapon so that's the reason it left that area and the bush sweater is a community achievement item and those items don't leave just like that. I did also contribute a bit and I don't see a reason to just make it rare like that.

Ylber likes this.
  6. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I do see a reason to make it rare. Because a whole lot of people didn't help at all and it took a very long time for the people who actually helped the whole time. So they should at least get something that most people can't get because of what they did. If that makes any sense.

Ylber likes this.
  7. Romelyn

Romelyn MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I dont think so but for me it not will be rare as soon AE put it in game.

Ylber likes this.
  8. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Thanks for your input.

Ylber likes this.
  9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I can see that, but AE has a different approach to rares in this game. They don't want to make items go rare as easily as they have compared to AQW for example so, I don't see it going rare myself.

Ylber likes this.
  10. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah I know, I read about that but still the only items that have gone rare recently are the camp flags and the 15th Ann cape which is only 3 in one year. So it probably wouldn't be an issue to make another item rare.

Ylber likes this.
  11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I still don't think that sweater is worthy of being rare and those flags are another thing altogether and they are tied to war events unlike that sweater. There's no guarantee that AE will make this bush event happen again so, I would see that sweater being permanent content instead.

Ylber likes this.
  12. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Thats why it should go rare. It could be like the Wrap of Determination, a once in a lifetime event that never happens again and the only ones who can get the item are the people who killed it or played at the time when it happened.

Ylber likes this.
  13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I don't believe that AE will make that happen and the Wrap of Determination wasn't even originally going to be a thing in the first place. I don't see them making something like that with something that wasn't announced until it was over unlike the Warp of Determination.

Ylber likes this.
  14. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    We can agree to disagree but you are probably right. I don't think they will make it rare but I still think they should.

Ylber likes this.
  15. Shuvi

Shuvi Ogre Newling

Credit:
    the new update sword is cool! i love it

Ylber likes this.
  16. OminusSky

OminusSky Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I don’t think the rarity definitions of any item or weapon means anything in AQ3D, unless they install auction feature. Then the true rarity of an item will emerge. If a player is calling say shadow wolf morph rare, it’s not “rare” imo, it’s not ultra rare, it’s not even legendary, it’s an “unobtainable.” In an auction if a player who had one decides to auction his, i imagine most wont, then it might go “legendary.” To me saying something is rare implies it’s hard to get, so like SBA is “rare.” Imagine if SBA was able to be obtained from auction, then it most likely will not be considered even “rare.” Case in point SBA is listed as “uncommon” which is total BS if youre trying to farm it. AQ3D seems to have these 3 classes: drops, craftable and $$$able for sure which are divided into sub cats between the actual item drop or mat: “farmable,” “boring abyssal farmable,” “seasonal,” and “unobtainable, unless you heard about it.” I keep hearing ppl try to put the ugly Bush sweater into “unobtainable” it’s just too late for that. all just IMO.

Ylber likes this.
  17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Those item rarities do not make much sense in some cases and it would be better to make it consistent. The rarity of item can have some value in trading but right now it's more about how hard said item is to get and that's what determines it's value.

Ylber likes this.
  18. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    The only rare drop items that actually have realistic rarity would be the Hunters Stake, Midas, Dreadfool Cards, Visage and Frogzard head (maybe a few others that I'm forgetting). The RDP should probably be changed from awesome rarity to epic. Most of the items that were added to rare chests have a bad item rarity because they were not originally in chests and AE didn't feel like changing the rarity when they added them to rare chests.

Ylber and OminusSky like this.
  19. OminusSky

OminusSky Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    It’s almost best to just not even look at the listed rarity in AQ3D anymore. I believe most if not all players who basically log in everyday, are motivated to and able to get their paws on anything and everything that is newly released. I’ve had friends who’ve gotten super frustrated to even going extremely occasional playing because they missed that quick April fools day DC mounts short release that literally was only available like a 2 evenings and a day. They remain frustrated about it until now. So yea the rarity titles are just overplayed in the game. It’s become a marketing gimmick, and motivation to buy DC esp if you consider a lot of items go from common to epic on a simple re-color.

Ylber likes this.
  20. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah but I mean it's all cosmetic. No one really cares about the rarity. AQ3D is like a big fashion show once you're maxed. It doesnt matter about the color of the item name it just matters about what it looks like.

Ylber likes this.