1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What would your own online RPG be like?

Discussion in 'Free Online RPG' started by Maelious, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    If you had a chance to design one, what would it be like?

2. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    With a good team and time, it would be like WoW, the complete MMORPG game.

3. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Like skyrim .... Interesting story gameplay. Hard role . Still depends on ur choice of words the future of the game.

4. ogreswish

ogreswish Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    The setting that is not overused would be a go for me. I'm getting tired of fantasy, so sci-fi, maybe? Or even further, mecha-themed MMO would be so nice, little to no examples of that are still getting any play, the obly I can think of is RF online.

5. TSchwa

TSchwa Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    But you have to admit you won't make a game better than RFO man ;)

6. Cherif ahmed

Cherif ahmed DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    one mc that is alrdy op then start to loose his powers until he dies...you think it would be a bad rpg but trust me when i tell you it would be epic if i shared my mind with you

7. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I would do a big comedy game. Something thats like all a big joke.

8. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    It would be like an adventure game. Not so good graphics but detailed-content. Also in the mobile platform.

9. Justiphis

Justiphis MMORPGer

Credit:
    Basically a CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE ISEKAI.

Be the hero.

Live as the villain.

Or...

Play the long-game and some how become the GOD of that world.

10. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Being a villain option in a game, a wonderful idea!

11. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Hard to say without developing some sort of game plan or GDD, because a quick vision isn't something that's set in stone; it's generally revised over time. But of course, things tend to start with ideas.

And usually what inspires a strong vision is a recurring theme or a motif. For instance, maybe the first thing I would think of is the type of genre, like a sci-fi genre mixed with a bit of fantasy. And then maybe I start thinking about the starting characters based on that given genre; three is generally a strong number, so then I could imagine something like characters that control different elements (for example, elves that harness steam power from geothermal vents, dwarves that harness solar power from stars, and halflings that harness electrical power from electromagnetic fields).

Then I think about what the plot would be, starting with the general plot. Maybe your starting character is the protagonist and you have some deuteragonist that acts as your guide (teaches you how to unlock your full potential, acts as the character to show up during moments of distress, and does the unexpected like perhaps betray you). And then I think about the main villain; since the idea has already revolved around steam power, solar power, and electrical power, maybe the villain wants to harness all of that power to seize the planet and create a technocratic civilization to conquer. Or to expand on that idea in a different direction, maybe it's already a dystopian technocracy and the hero has to restore order by retrieving core parts supplying each power sectioned at key locations.

That would sort of be the starting point for an RPG idea. There are a lot of other things to consider like the map, NPCs, music, battle, and so on. Would take several months for every small idea to manifest into a concrete plan.