1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Nulgath

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Aerobous, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I'd prefer if Dage content never existed in AQ3D in the first place. The game's AQ3D, not AQWorlds 3D, after all. They introduced us to Dage like we were automatically forced to join his faction, and people were screaming for Nulgath content at that point since the game lacks the ability to choose who you support. They could have written the game's story in a way that didn't feel like you were forced into any faction. I would still prefer that AE doesn't add any Nulgath content because AQ3D isn't supposed to be a reiteration of AQWorlds' plot, but I would also prefer that AE revises the Underworld story to make us seem like we're "helping Dage" rather than being his "legion servant."

2. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    so in summary, you rather want our hero to become neutral faction that will bring peace to every war in lore?

3. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Not really. Currently, the story feels closer to the evil faction. Vane is an evil villain. A lot of areas have an "evil" or "dark" theme like Doomwood, Darkovia, and Ashfall. Our choice is stuck with the evil faction; in other words, we're forced to accept the Necrostaff of Doom and we're forced to bow to Dage the Evil. Paladins don't have a major story in Doomwood currently and we don't even have Swordhaven yet. We barely have characters that exemplify "good" in a significant manner. I'm not arguing that the Hero should be neutral, but having a choice between good and evil, and having areas and characters balanced with good and evil is quintessential to the diversity that AQ3D needs.

Particularly one of the issues with Dage the Evil vs. Nulgath is that both characters are considered "evil." It's part of the reason why I think AE should ditch any story centered around those characters, because the game doesn't offer much for the good faction currently.

4. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    long ago, I read vote from AE staff, most AQ3D majority love dark theme game, maybe that's why AE push so many dark thing first for AQ3D

5. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    You still need a variety of themes, not just an abundance of dark/evil themes. Polls mean nothing as there may already be bias from what's already existed, and generally, you would want polls to be as unpredictable as you can; otherwise, there would be no reason for that poll to exist. For instance, if the game's plot is already heavily-centered on some dark/evil theme and an AE staff member ran a poll on what themes player liked (good / evil / etc.), then of course an overwhelming number of people will choose dark/evil, because that's what the players are used to. And it's even the same issue with items; for instance, most players will probably choose black-themed items because the game has tons of black items that can easily be mixed and matched, rather than items with unique colors like purple, pink, orange, and yellow. People will hardly see appeal of fresh ideas until put into fruition, and it's generally the critics and the innovators that tend to be open-minded about new ideas.

Dage vs. Nulgath has nothing to do with the appeal of AQ3D itself, but rather the nostalgic appeal of AQWorlds. Personally I would wish for AQ3D to be more of a throwback to the original AdventureQuest and maybe DragonFable, at least more than AQWorlds, but since AQWorlds has been AE's overwhelmingly popular game among the rest of their game catalogue, then of course people will be suggesting AQWorlds ideas into AQ3D. And generally, I'm against suggestions unless they can be blended with feedback.

6. kauegatto

kauegatto MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Would be really sad if the archfiend members or warrior didn't appear, the underworld wars were amazing on aqw...

7. crunchy brocolli

crunchy brocolli MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Nulgath Nation ftw, really hope Nation will come on aq3d, cause nowadays its all legion :(