1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword/Shield coming Nov. 15th, 2019

Discussion in 'Video Games and Consoles' started by Aaddron, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:

Everything you thought you knew about the world of Pokémon is about to change...in a big way. Here’s the latest on the exciting new adventure that awaits in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield!

CanineAQ3D likes this.
  2. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    This is scary, pokemon as we've known it for over 20 yrs of gaming now is about to change. And that change will see this once great franchise lose everything at this rate. I grew up with pokemon, I know more about it than I do about my own culture. Pokemon was such a large part of my childhood that I cannot support them in their new direction. Sword and shield marked the beginning of a sad decline.

3. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    So it still doesnt have national pokedex? If it's yes, this pokegen may get worsening than the previous pokemon game.

4. Not the best game, but not the worse game either. The Wild Area is supposed to be the main attraction of the game, but I find it boring after some time. For instance, you find a den, and then you do time & date skips to advance to the next den (not something intentionally, but a lot of people do this to get what they want), and you keep doing that until you find the den that you want. The DLC was alright, but it felt like something that should have been in the main game.

With recent Pokémon games, there has always been some gimmick (Mega evolutions in X/Y, Z Crystals and Alola forms in Sun/Moon, and Dynamax/Gigantamax and Galar forms in Sword/Shield). I'm just not a huge fan of Dynamax/Gigantamax; Dynamax just makes a Pokémon bigger while Gigantamax does the same but with small differences to the Pokémon.