1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Does Fishing Belong in AQ3D and Why?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Gamma001, Oct 1, 2018.

Do you think fishing belongs in AQ3D and why?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe in the future

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    If fishing was more useful, the demand for more fishing spots would definitely rise. Those spots at Pointe Less Isle are pretty bad when visibility is concerned so AE should improve them. When you are fishing from a fishing spot, no one else should be able to fish from the same spot while you are fishing from it.

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's been nearly a year since fishing's been around and there hasn't been much improvement, despite additions of quests/craft shops requiring fish such as the Frostval daily quest for Smellyfish and the recent Pointe Less Isle craft shop. I'd rather see the feature get polished and prioritized before seeing more quests and craft shops. For the visibility issue where people can't see the fishing spot, they could have arrows pointing down at the spots. I know in AQWorlds, whenever there's a quest requiring object interaction, there are arrows pointing where to click, and that sort of stuff can be tremendously helpful.

3. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    The core functionality of fishing needs to be changed. It doesn't really matter if the fish you catch get more ways to use them, it's the way we get them that matters.

4. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Maybe not fishing to make armor really fun to do I rather eat my fish on ny dish

5. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    fishing and cooking it sounds alike mainstream mmo such as runescape. Will AQ3D have chemistry and blacksmith skill as well?

Pinkyz likes this.
  6. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Chemistry and blacksmith?that's crafting ?with like hammers and knifes

7. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Fishing, a chance to make some truly badass fish that can be caught and battled for gear they drop. Make some very rare drops or weapons and other armour pieces with unique effects and it'll be quite addicting.

8. PerHalvor123

PerHalvor123 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    fishing is super boring and slow. They should rather add other mini games like moglin Punt

I just did fishing to get achievements and Um never going back to that lol

9. Yatori igsem

Yatori igsem MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Yes it does
    In lolosia

10. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Same. I just did it for the sake of collecting the title and badge.

11. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    There's also the Frostval quest where you need a bunch of Smellyfish and the Pointe Less Isle crafting, so it isn't just a title and a badge that fishing offers.

I think fishing ought to be improved, before more rewards that require fishing get added. It's not that the concept of fishing is boring, but that it's just lackluster in its current state. If they add a new area, a small change like a new variety of fish species would at least make fishing feel somewhat new. And then, of course, as I've mentioned before, add better indicators like an arrow pointing down at the fishing spot, so you aren't staring at a bright screen all day trying to figure out if you are clicking on a spot (because the white blends with the cyan). And also a change of quest/craft prerequisites, so it isn't something like "farm 20 Smellyfish each day", but a variety (turn in this fish for one day, and then a different fish for another day, and so on). There's a lot of things that would make fishing more fun.

Ylber likes this.
  12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Fishing can be made more fun in many ways and I am interested to see how AE handles it.

13. FenrisVan

FenrisVan Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I think it belongs because it helps break up the repetitive nature of the game.

14. Scarlet Sanguis

Scarlet Sanguis Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I think fishing mechanic should be changed to something like QTE that makes fishing a bit more player skill based than just clicking on spot.

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Fishing is being reworked currently, so it's probably going to have more to it.

16. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    As long as it doesn't involve aiming at a fixed spot and spamming keys back and forth (e.g. pressing W and S repeatedly) just to reel in a fish; that would ruin a keyboard. I would hope for fishing to be more "target-based", meaning you aim at a moving shadow in the water.

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Something that is good for all platforms is what AE should aim for.

18. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Think that's part of the problem. It's hard to decide on something that all platforms can benefit from. For instance, maybe mobile would have more of an advantage moving the joystick button back and forth (compared to PC having to spam W and S). And PC has more of an advantage with aiming since it's easier to control a mouse than it is touching a small screen (with your finger blocking the view) just to aim properly. Cross-platform has really been a disadvantage to AQ3D, especially towards development time and for features that don't work well on all platforms (e.g. parkour).

So instead, we get the current fishing system which works equally for both platforms, but feels dull. And the real reason for the current fishing system might not have had anything to do with platforms, just time.

19. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Fishing was introduced in a very basic form in the first place. A beta version of a tradeskill in a game that is still in "beta". The reason why it is dull definitely has do with the amount of time put behind it should be an obvious thing to see.

20. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yet the fact that they've made quests and other things require fishing, instead of revamping fishing to be more enjoyable, is strange enough (e.g. Frostval daily quest and Pointe Less Isle craft rewards). It just seems like they don't care enough for improving fishing when they do that sort of stuff. Fishing would be more of a minor topic, if they just left it as is without adding new quests and crafting that require fishing.