1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Travel or AQ3D

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by kiritos2k, May 28, 2017.

1. Masi Bugatti

Masi Bugatti Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    It's been 5 years since I travel in a vacation, play AQ3D on phone most of time

2. jv1306

jv1306 Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    i would choose to travel. i love collecting memories from real life events and travelling is a good way to do it.

3. I think that's an interesting way to see travel. If I were to travel, I'd much rather enjoy travelling than be distracted by some phone game. Even then, I probably wouldn't be able to play AQ3D (considering Wi-Fi and everything) as much when I'm travelling, so it'd be almost purposeless. It's much better to play AQ3D at home with a solid device (a PC).

4. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Hmm travel and play if there is an event going on.. Otherwise just travel!!

5. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Traveling is free in aq3d thank god not like runescape where u have to use mage skill to travel

6. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I would go on a trip and bring aq3d with me at least to do the daily chest.

7. Yeah, dailies are a reason to check up. Wouldn't hurt to use cellular data on a road trip or outside somewhere from your home for small things that don't take long like opening a daily chest. I just wouldn't recommend spending long hours when you could have fun traveling outside, though that's up to those people's choice ultimately.

8. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    AQ3D being a cross-platform game does come in handy in situations like this!

Pinkyz likes this.
  9. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah, also as long as all the maps you access are already pre-loaded AQ3D doesn't use much data which is quite nice. But yeah traveling and having fun outside is always a better choice than staying inside and playing games all day. If only I had friends. :/

10. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Travel anywhere in aq3d free :)

11. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Travel, when I'm out and discovering new sights, the last thing I'll care about is this disappointment of a game. Honestly, with how it currently is, I'd walk to the mail box and check it 100x before I did anything other than a daily chest run on aq3d.

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's already a disappointment? This is AE's second attempt at a 3D game and frankly, they have done a good job with it so far despite the development being slow due to the developer team being so small. I don't agree with everything they have done with the game, but you and I shouldn't let all the negatives to cloud all the positives.

13. It's probably actually their 4th attempt at a 3D game (but their second attempt at AQ3D). Their first was Zorbak's Rampage (a Ludum Dare challenge that became the precursor to the idea of MechQuest 3D) , their second was AQ3D: Legend of Lore (scrapped with some of the assets reused in the current AQ3D such as the Acevorah monster, Deathly Zed Sword, and the Sword of Hope [currently a staff-only item]), their third was BladeHaven: Dragon's Bane (scrapped, but some ideas like the Trolluk monsters were used in AQ3D), and their fourth is the current AQ3D. There might be other 3D games that they've worked on or experimented with that we're not even aware of.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Regardless of AE's past involvement in 3D game development, AQ3D is their most ambitious 3D game project what we are aware of. The potential is there and I hope AE is turning AQ3D into the best game it can be with what resources they have available.

15. As far as I know, they keep the same developers who worked for their 2D games. Xero is like the only staff I know who was hired specifically for AQ3D, so there's definitely a learning curve for the majority of staff members who've worked on the 2D games. A 3D game is a lot different than a 2D game when you consider that the programming needs to be done differently, the art and animations work in third-dimensions, world building takes more time and resources, and models need to be made for 3D games.

They could have hired new staff entirely solely for their 3D project, but maybe Artix had fears of laying off current staff members that he wanted to give them a chance to prove their capabilities. They do make use of assets and tools, however, such as purchasing Unity assets (for map building) and taking advantage of Unity's engine so they don't have to build everything from scratch. Nevertheless, for an ambitious project, weekly releases need to be toned down; otherwise, they need a bigger team to help manage the flow of the game, especially a new senior team with an adept experience in 3D games. I think hiring a new animator is a good step in their direction since they've always talked about being behind because their cutscene animation hasn't been finished yet, but I do hope they get new staff members involved in map building (proper colliders, not a vast empty map but a map worth exploring by having more vertical exploration, exploration scrolls, and parkour, & more themes) and storywriting (more coherent and cohesive, but also impactful by contain symbolisms and themes to explore, and a lot of character for the NPCs).

Anyway, more map building would definitely give the game more versatility in traveling.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    More staff would be great, but that will eventually lead to lay offs. Speaking of traveling, it would be nice if travel menu would be removed so the world AE is making could be appreciated more. Fisn has been fighting for awhile to get rid of it and I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.

17. The convenience of the travel menu is nice, though it would be better to get an actual map that you could interact with instead (similar to AQWorlds' map). The map they've currently implemented feels very static, and it still encompasses a travel menu, so that definitely needs to be changed. It would probably require the programmers to get involved, and who knows what other stuff they're busy with? I don't think they're concerned for a new map system yet, because nothing's broken with traveling currently.

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    They probably aren't, but it will come as the current map we have is just the phase 1 of it.

19. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    That's what I'm thinking too. Just play on your phone so you don't miss out :D

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Be sure to have a phone charger nearby!