1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Fortnite Strategy Guide

Discussion in 'Battle Royales' started by E.N.D., Aug 10, 2018.

1. E.N.D.

E.N.D. MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Fortnite: BR is the undisputed champion of the battle royale genre. It is so because of its unique gameplay mechanics like building and the casual art style which makes the game look easy to pick up and play. Fortnite is a prime example of the phrase "easy to play, hard to master". Fortnite has a player base in millions so if you want to make a name for yourself or just want to get some Victory Royales, then you have to get that much better than the competition.

And the competition is tough. To get ahead and git gud, you need to read up on some Fortnite strategy guides and practice those stategies in game. As far as practice is concerned, that is all dependent on your commitment to improve yourself. The more you practice, the better you get. For learning the right strategies to practice, you can search online for some Fortnite Strategy Guides and Videos.

There are two core mechanics of the game that you need to understand and practice first.
    1) Shooting/Aiming
    2) Building

Shooting/Aiming
    Simply running and gunning will only get you so far. You have to be strategic in your approach to gun fights and you have to learn the right way to move and aim. Here's a video you can try to mirror;

Building
    Building is a core mechanic of the game and one that sets it apart from the rest. You can build your own cover any where and hide from incoming fire. But there is deep strategy involved in building as well. If you watch videos and streams, you'll see that most of the times the victory royale goes to the better buildernot the more skilled shooter. Here's another video of expert builders at their best;

Now all that's left is practice, practice and more practice...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2018
  2. Raffiel

Raffiel Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I agree that in most of these BR Fortnite battles, the victory goes to the better builder as opposed to the more skilled shooter.

3. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Thanks for this my dude! I'll be sure to pass this to my friend who is super into this game.

I also agree with this :) Building is hard imo but watching someone like Ninja makes it look easy.

4. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    My building skills were never that good but I am generally good at 'killing' in those kinds of games. Since it requires teamwork effort, I don't worry about the 'building' point. Thanks for the info and videos. It is a useful source for sure.

Xctroy likes this.