1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Happiest moments in aq3d

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by LaughingCoffin, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Omg really that is sad!when i got artix armor

When I unlock artix armor

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2019
  2. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    A frogzard ate my head! I hunted for that thing until my head felt numb, probably 2 months worth of hunting, and I'm talking probably doing it over 2k times, which doesn't seem a lot but it feels forever.

3. Honestly, I wouldn't feel happy over spending 2 months on anything, even if I got the item I was looking for, especially for a solo grind like the Frogzard Hunter challenge. It feels more like a celebration when grinding is more social and requires teamwork.

CanineAQ3D likes this.
  4. CanineAQ3D

Credit:
    You're right, hence why finding red dragon plate was 10x as fun after grinding it out for over 10 hours with the same group of people. Problem now is, this game is so devoid of anything, including a playerbase that the initial year or two- where everyone were doing everything together quickly disappeared like fog. The initial hype is always fun, and can continue to be if a developing team for a game is actually invested. This reminds me of aqw's alpha and beta. Having played Artix entertainment games for over a decade now, I would say that was the pinnacle.

Logging in that first night in 2008 on a buggy server with aqw's going online for the first time as a new mmo. Killing jack sprat with all the other players to try and get his rare spear. Beta berzerker class being op and everyone smashing mobs for like 2 gold a pop. Seeing starsword at 1million gold and realizing how insane it is. Those days are gone for this company, it will never happen again. So I'm trying to have my last bit of fun. I honestly sound a lot more bitter than I actually am, hehe. I'm nearly 30 now doing a degree and earning decent money. My inner child is still somewhat angry at this company though, it could have been amazing, aqw's could have been their crowning achievement. They got a second chance with this game, and didn't even bother pretending they care this time around.

5. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    when i got my first rare drop red dragon plate 2 years back :-D

6. Generally anything fresh caters a positive reception, especially games during their Alpha stage and early Beta stage. When I polled asking players which AQ3D year they enjoyed, a lot of them picked 2015-2016.

7. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    why old AQ3d is better? Because I think everything is still the same except some nerfed, new battleon, class rank, etc.

8. CanineAQ3D

Credit:
    Old aq3d is about more than just nostalgia. Aq3d started as a concept in like 2015 I think. I might be wrong, but that's the earliest version I remember playing. Everything was buggy and it was just weird. Monsters had drops like now, but we were told some drops would go rare. There was an element of hunting together, some bosses like big bones were pretty strong. But people worked more as teams cause of the rare drops people wanted. Mage class had an energy shield. This proves the staff wanted to somewhat cater this game towards us older players that have been with them for a while. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but they quickly stopped that and turned it into a purely cosmetics game. No weapons with actual stats that mean anything. No builds of any kind. Just cookie cutter kiddie crap.

That energy shield was actually useful, I remember we'd always cast a shield over the lower lvl players so they'd be able to absorb more damage when facing the trolluks in battleon. They used to drop some cool swords and stuff at the start. Old aq3d isn't better because of what it had, it's better because it showed us what might happen. It didn't, instead you have the aq3d of today where players grind for cool clothes. There's nothing to this game, it literally caters towards maybe a 10 yr old max, there's no comprehension needed above that lvl. That's why old aq3d was better, it was a game with more than just ' let's see how many micro transactions we can sell to dumb ass kids ' in mind.

9. Archdragon

Credit:
    umm, I think it's still same though. Newest patch arcanegrove has a grind for new set with stats, not pure cosmetic. Mostly cosmetic thing come from event for everyone to enjoy it that's why they have level scale on event and make all crafting to be cosmetic only, for example first mogloween we have epic pumpkin set with stat and it was unfair for players who dont have a chance or late to participate, that's why next epic pumpkin set doesnt have stat anymore. AE make stat gear now just for permanent main story so players can follow through the main quest while improving their gear.
    So hard grind gear w/o stats is purely optional to be obtained mostly on event. And hard grind gear with stats is following the main story of Lore for your adventure.
    About micro-transaction, you cant blame AE, they already doing a good job by maintaining it solely for pure cosmetics since we know server need a lot of electric and devs need food for their belly. Do you want AE turn to be EA?

10. I think the biggest difference between early AQ3D and later AQ3D is the direction the game has taken. Everyone could stomach the patience and wait diligently for releases; the community was the biggest factor since it had a huge social gathering, competitive activities (gold farming against other players), and people wanted to do helpful things for the whole rather than for the individual. Ashfall was their biggest step so far; everyone liked the transition to more action-packed cinematics and the NPCs had more meaning. Talyn didn't have much backstory though, but Ashfall was better than what the game had before (Greenguard and Doomwood). Everyone was just more hopeful. I'd say Ashfall was really the peak of AQ3D, but development started to declined after that.

Darkovia wasn't too bad, but releases became more "all over the place" with new sagas starting such as Mysterious Islands and recently Arcangrove, and a shifted focus on completely overhauling old areas rather than changing the quest formula and making subtle improvements. The main villain Vane felt rushed in, especially as the new Intro (probably the 4th Intro revamp at this point) was released; there's no explanation on what's so significant about Death's key or how Vane even escaped, and we're just told by Death that we need to collect "legendary" weapons to defeat Vane. Also, the game acts more like a tutorial for new players and locks item slots until you reach certain levels which seems to discourage some new players. As for the community, there's been more focus to the individual than to the community with the whole content creator program mainly for AE's benefit (advertisement by supporting specific individuals to help promote the game).

Personally, I prefer a simple hub (old Battleon) with a linear storyline at the beginning of the game (Greenguard to Heartwood to Livingstone to Doomwood) as it maintains simplicity for new players starting off and doesn't rush players to branch off to areas where they can immediately get lost. I've seen a number of new players confused on where to go.. some stray off the other areas like Fort Sneed, Barrow Point, and other extraneous areas that aren't exactly required to progress through the story. And as for tutorial, I prefer gameplay to act intuitive rather than dictating how players should go through the game. When you compare these two development timelines, you can see just how radically different they are.

CanineAQ3D likes this.
  11. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    When it comes to new players, I still see them arrive to Ashfall at like lvl 3 and 4 regardless of the changes AE has made. Lolosia dungeons used to level scale but not that they don't, AE forgot to add level requirements to them and I see way too low level players there.

12. Archdragon

Credit:
    Maybe AE rushes the thing so they can do grand launching faster, and rather than shift the focus, they likely intentionally spread the saga (not focused) to gain more feedback and see if there is something wrong whether with the plot or the game line. I feel AQ3D now becoming a test lab and us, players, are the feedback. Remember, with it beta status AQ3D still can be change easily (level scale map, the intro story, gear stats, etc) and when they launch it officially it will be hard to change the foundation of the story or game line.

13. Yeah, they just need to implement a level lock for areas. I'm guessing those players got there via Travel Crystal or Travel Menu. Walking to Ashfall from level 3 seems like it would require some strategic thinking (like how to get past the monsters).

Well the game has been around for four years (almost five years). Of course they'll want to expedite the development of the game. Also, I don't think spreading out sagas really affects the overall plot for the game. A main plot should have been something to be considered during the tech demo stage rather than the beta stage as the main features of the game were being built. As for feedback, they've been less important to AE as a few staff members consider them to be only the "player's opinion"; however, there's been more surge for suggestions even though that's just a bunch of wishful thinking. In other words, quantity is valued more than quality (especially considering the 4 year pace of the game).

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Players are just determined to get to areas where they shouldn't be yet. Level locking whole areas would change that and making sure you can't get summoned to areas where you shouldn't be yet.

15. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    When I hit level 15 (when it was max level) and found out a couple of days later that people who reached it would get a badge:D.

16. Yasuo Shiro

Yasuo Shiro Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Rare drop items dropped :D

17. E T E R N A L

E T E R N A L Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Talking and helping friends its so cool

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Do you have that kind of moment that comes to mind that you can share?

19. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    When the headless horseman sword drop becauz we farming that weapon straight for two weeks before i get i play like 18hrs straight every day and everything is worth it :D

20. ArtificeJoker

ArtificeJoker Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Same for me. Getting the HH sword made me jump for so much happiness i get. I was about to log out that time from 10hrs straight of farming.