1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

The New Skill: Archaeology!

Discussion in 'RuneScape' started by Aaddron, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    So, have you heard about the Archaeology skill? You probably have – it has, after all, been the worst kept secret of 2019. But the joy is that there is so much more to talk about.

That’s because Archaeology is so much more than a skill. On one hand, it's a gathering skill, much like woodcutting or fishing. It's about getting your knees dirty to amass puzzle pieces from our past. On the other hand, it's a manufacturing skill like Smithing or Fletching, putting these artefacts back together to create real treasures. It’s also five new areas including the depths below Al Kharid, the far reaches of Morytania, underneath the Wilderness and more. And it's swathes of loot, all eager to be unearthed, including three new types of reward that will change how we all play (particularly higher level players)!

You'll get all of this and more in January 2020. Let's start digging in...

Read More

2. Zack Miller

Zack Miller Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Oh cool, I was just in an "Indiana Jones" mood recently lol. Let me guess, this skill is only for members, right?

3. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Yes*, free-to-play has access up to level 20, which is weird but I suppose is the first logical "set" of level unlocks. Better than the typical 5-level cap though.

4. Zack Miller

Zack Miller Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Is this skill profitable?

5. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    That's a question that'll have to wait until the skill actually exists in-game.

6. Chai

Chai Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Oof, goodbye, my Max Cape. Nonetheless, I look forward to checking out the new Archaeology skill when it launches; I assume it partially has something to do with exploring things.