1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What Thing You Don't Like in AQ3D?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Awen Blade, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah, happens a lot for my when I'm entering a new map on mobile or doing quick challenges like the Frogzard Hunter challenge. Not sure what the issue is, but maybe a failure with allocating memory in the game. I'm sure crashes are less likely to happen on high-end devices with more memory space.

2. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I consider my device to be pretty decent but I still get the crashes quite a bit, most often when grinding something. Fortunately for my I've finished grinding like everything.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  3. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    The kickstarter packsystem from aq3d it has variations of prices 1-1000+ sometimes or everytime they go overboard with projects makes me think when is game actually going to be done instead of promoting it all the time I'm a veteran player 4 years playing aq3d

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Overboard? AE hasn't really gone overboard yet when it comes to kickstarters. You don't have to contribute if you don't want to. AE is not a big gaming company so the progress being slow is not surprising. They are hiring more staff, probably for AQ3D?

Pinkyz likes this.
  5. Chai

Chai Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Whenever this happens while doing something social:

[​IMG]

Ylber likes this.
  6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AQ3D just decided to say nope to that.

Chai likes this.
  7. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I hate that I love this game so much. This means that I want to play it almost all the time... but there's nothing to play because of the lack of updates.

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Are you literally done with everything?

9. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Nah, not gonna lie. I guess I could go bonkers and try to get every item or farm all the hard drops or complete all side quests. I'm still trying to get some items that not a lot of people have like the items from the forum shop (which is also one of the reasons to why I'm on the forum).

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    You will get them eventually if you keep going the way you are now.

Ylber likes this.
  11. E T E R N A L

E T E R N A L Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    The fact that there is no mount in the game :/

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    We got travels forms and they have to do unless AE decides to make actual mounts, but they are probably not going to do that.

13. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    That thing is the one who destroy my loptop :( i dont know why that happen that the thing that i really hate in aq3d

14. ArtificeJoker

ArtificeJoker Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    That crashing thing when you travel to different map too fast or when you spam goto to a friend in mobile.

15. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't see it as often, but it does happen from time to time. I think the biggest nuisance I've had is connection dropping when trying to play the game on an iPhone. Sometimes it prompts me with a message saying that I can't reach the server even though I made it past the log in authentication, and it's something to do with the connection. I never have issues with connection on anything else (watching YouTube, browsing the web, etc.), but for some reason there's a connection issue when playing AQ3D on mobile. I don't think it's a bottleneck problem from a cellular data since I tend to play on a Wi-Fi network, especially the Wi-Fi at home which is the same Wi-Fi that my PC connects to, and playing AQ3D on PC works totally fine. It seems to be a persistent issue, but usually I can log in to a server after closing the app and reopening it.

16. Rakuh

Rakuh Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    What? When did this happen?

17. xOwl

xOwl Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The Thing I don't like in AQ3D is the fillers that they put in, I know it is a way to have players to still do things while waiting for a big update but the fillers itself are more boring than nothing at all coz of rng related stuff. But overall big Updates is always worth it.

18. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Community polls and numerous player responses have shown more favor towards big updates over filler releases, so you're not in the minority to think that. I personally don't think it would hurt the game if AE went a different direction with how often they release things (since they're not really gaining or losing players; they still have the same playerbase no matter what). A weekly release schedule is just unreasonable, and a major hindrance to major releases. Where time can be spent on prepping major releases, fractions of that time are spent creating grind-filled releases, often with negative reaction from players due to a lot of imbalance.

It's essentially the same habit adopted from working with previous games. The difference is the scope of the project; in other words, they have a more lenient workflow with Flash games than with AQ3D, and the quality often shows, though their Flash games have recently taken a bit of backlash with certain directions they're heading towards mainly due to the discontinuance of Flash. You'll notice a lot of corner-cutting when it comes to map making, model reuse, quest flow, and other content (both in filler releases and major releases). I'm not implying that AE is lazy, but simply that they have overambitious plans for AQ3D, especially with the small team they have.

I don't think we can really expect anything different from releases. Maybe just play intermittently and choose the content that you do want to play (though I'll admit, it's hard to know what sort of content you'll enjoy until you play through it). A lot of players force themselves into playing every aspect of the game (including filler releases) that they just stress and exhaust themselves out. It's not like there's really anything to gain or lose in each release anyway, especially since one's own virtual experience is intangible.

19. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    It happen last year maybe december, because of that UNITY CRASH idk why that keep happening in my loptop and it countinue happens and the things are getting worsed when it come in january 4,2019 my loptop cant open anymore, i think it becauze of that UNITY CRASED because everytime it happend my loptop automaticly shutting down :(

20. xOwl

xOwl Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Thumbs up to everything you said, but the way I'm seeing it AE is trying to really showcase its members skills and capabilities in terms of making arts(set) etc. Which is in some point really cool but because of the fact that making such thing requires alot of time its making the game itself kinda boring, plus when the new set manage to be in the game It would only take 1-2days for players to complete it with the new update. So for the following days players will now nothing todo again, this is due to they really have a small team.

Well I still personally commend AE for this for we can see ingame they're hardwork in making new updates everyweek (not to mention that they have several games not only AQ3D that is having a weekly Update).

hfi likes this.