1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What types of travel forms would you want to see in AQ3D?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Gamma001, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  2. Yasuo Shiro

Yasuo Shiro Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    A giant robot or dragon travel form :D

3. E T E R N A L

E T E R N A L Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Hmm, paladin morphs would be cool

4. Tanned

Tanned Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    a group of flying bats,

5. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    There are quite many bat related items now so a travel form like this would be nice to have.

6. Tanned

Tanned Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I put this idea in the AE discord, hope some developer has seen it and decided to do it.

7. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I would like to see an ogre riding hog/wild boar that would be cool to have :D

Thats quite insane idea bro i cant wait to see that morph in game! For sure vampire lovers would love it most esp me im really like violet bat stuff thats why when the firstime i see the batwingscythe i thought that its a costume weapon cuz it has really nice color and good effects thats why its good to have a morph like that in game but maybe AE will do it!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2019
  8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AQ3D has travel forms where you turn into a rider of a horse and when it comes other kinds of that type of travel form, we don't have much variety. An ogre riding a boar would be awesome and give us that much needed variety!

9. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Definitely could be expanded, when it comes to riders. Other ride-able creatures could be dragons, tigers, lions, rams, bears, birds/raptors, elephants, and wolves. I think a bear pseudo-mount would be a cool idea to see. A lot of creatures haven't even been made in AQ3D yet... as far as I know, the creatures that even exist in the game are wolves, elephants (sort of; more like a Gorillaphant), birds (they're quite small though), and dragons. I think the most reasonable of the ones I've listed are dragons, and then wolves.

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Dragons should be a must considering how much AE likes dragons. We got dragonlings, but it would be nice to get an actual dragon for once. The size shouldn't be too big because that can cause problems.

11. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't think size is really a problem. Maybe it is for when players block NPCs, but that's already a thing (with the Elite Guardian Rider form). I think instead of using size as an excuse, they could work on clicking priority where clicking on a player that's blocking an NPC prioritizes the action of clicking on the NPC instead of the player. They've already fixed the "players blocking loot bag" issue with loot buttons, so I'm sure they can find solutions for things that huge models could pose.

They sort of already have solutions to prevent NPCs from being block, but they don't implement it for every NPC. For instance, Galanoth has a larger stature than other NPCs, but that could just be for emphasis to show that he's an important NPC. In Battleon, Twilly is blocked by an invisible wall (and I think the same is true for the mouse NPC in the Mousehole parkour map).

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    A clicking priority would solve the size being an issue because not all NPC have invisible walls blocking them. How big would AE make a dragon rider though? There are big travel forms out there, but how far could you go without it being too big?

13. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well, for existing forms, I think the Echo of Bludregen is quite big. I don't think you can put an exact limit on how big forms should be (but probably not something ridiculous like the size of Frostlorn or the Braken), but if we're speaking specifically about rider forms (pseudo-mounts), I'd say they should be big enough that a human character seems like it's riding on a mount. Wouldn't make sense for a 5-6 foot tall human to ride a creature that's the size of a city.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    There was that one travel form that Dage used that was a travel form version of Legion Drachus which is the largest travel form that I am aware of. It's a developer only travel form, but if it was made smaller and have someone ride it then that would be a good rider travel form.

15. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Probably. Some dev-only forms are ridiculous, whether it's for its size or because of its speed. Would be chaotic if there was a room full of any of those forms. A room full of Echo of Bludregen, on the other hand, isn't really that bad... I see players standing in a queue with Bludregen forms and that hasn't been an issue.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Dagger has 2D cloud with a smile on it as a travel form and a pet so those developer only travel forms can get pretty silly. A dragon rider travel form in that case wouldn't be that bad if Echo of Bludregen filled room is fine.

17. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Some are silly enough that they could actually fit in with April Fool's Day, without disrupting the game in any negative way. I think it'd be cool to see silly experiments, rejects, etc. for a form added to April Fool's Day.

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    April Fool's Day is a perfect opportunity for silly things to be made available to players. We have got silly travel forms before so us getting more of them wouldn't be that far fetched.

19. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Even something silly like a T-pose form with no animation or something that appears buggy would work for April Fool's Day. You can't really go wrong with April Fool's Day because everyone expects something that feels unintended or strange.

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I am actually surprised that they don't have a travel form that is just T-posing. We need something like that because we require more silly things!