1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Icons/Ranks

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by E T E R N A L, Oct 2, 2019.

1. E T E R N A L

E T E R N A L Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    What do you think about implementing custom guild icons when it launches and what do you think would be good to have ranks?

2. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Guild icons would be cool:D. Maybe they could add like different options on pieces of art that you can combine and use it as a guild icon in-game (referring to how you made badges in habbo:p)

3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Not sure what you mean by custom guild icons... like where there's preset image templates in the game (different banners, shapes, and color options) and you can mix-and-match them however you want to create your guild icon? Or guild icons where you have total freedom of creating the icon (which has its own downside)?

I think guild icons would be a nice addition, if guilds were ever introduced in AQ3D. Guilds in AQWorlds have felt lackluster, so something different from AQWorlds could be beneficial for AQ3D.

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I can see AE making preset shapes to make an icon from. Custom ones? Very unlikely to happen.

5. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    If they do go that route, it'll probably be similar to how you can customize faction banners in EpicDuel. Custom icons would be too hard to moderate.

6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yeah, the way Epic Duel handled that can definitely see use in AQ3D whenever in game guilds become a thing.

7. Yasuo Shiro

Yasuo Shiro Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Guild Icons would be awesome, and the ranks should be like emperor/empress, king/queen, etc. (For me :p)

8. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Ranks sound too "royal". I think having a variety of ranks to choose from would be better since people will have guild names served for different purposes... even customizable ranks, I don't think would be too bad, especially if there's a profanity filter to make sure people don't abuse them. Otherwise, just standard names would work fine (Leader, Officer, Member, Duffer).

Yasuo Shiro likes this.
  9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I would rather let standard names be Leader, Officer, Member and Recruit myself. Duffer might come out as an insult, but it's not like everyone thinks too deeply about the name of a rank in a guild.

10. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It would just be a role with restrictions... maybe to restrict a member from using guild chat, commands, or something else. Recruit doesn't exactly fit well with the concept; the restriction would mostly be for timeouts and other stuff, not limited to recruiting. For instance, maybe you have a member that's misbehaving in a guild that you need to time them out for a bit, but don't want to necessarily kick them out from the guild.

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Even if it was a role with restrictions, it wouldn't be that much different from Recruit either. A member that is misbehaving but you wouldn't want to kick them? They shouldn't be in the guild in the first place then. Would it be such an inconvenience to kick them instead? Getting them back in wouldn't be that troublesome.

12. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Depends on how the guild is run, especially if it's a guild where you can customize privileges for each rank. For instance, maybe the leader gives his/her officers the ability to add players to the guild and the ability to move ranks of members to either member or duffer, but not the ability to remove players from the guild, since maybe the leader wouldn't want officers to potentially abuse their powers. And even if the leader gave officers the ability to kick members out of a guild, I bet there would be a lot of disputes over vacancy and other potential problems. And the role could just act like a three-strikes-and-you're-out penalty, so there's other purposes for a duffer role.

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It really depends more on how AE makes guilds function when they add the guild system in game. Makes me wonder AE is going to implement ranks for guilds.

14. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I agree at your suggestion mate that would be really cool, i think it better if they put it in game :D

15. ArtificeJoker

ArtificeJoker Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Guild icons which could be put in banners or cape, that would be a good addition for the community.

16. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Yes bro and i cant wait to have a war like in camp gonnagetcha (wars of guilds in aq3d would be fun :p) and cool rewards each win :D

17. Tanned

Tanned Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    One more item to keep farming?

18. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Hmm it says about guild thingy and the tread maker is lookin for some suggestions about guilds icons/ ranks i am just confused about what you said:lipsrsealed2:

19. Tanned

Tanned Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    If AE happens to put the guild or clan system, they will probably put quest guild, some token-based scoring system, or another farm in the game.

20. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I cant those in game and i really like to have my own badge/flag that has the icon of my guild/clan :)

The Redael likes this.