1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Camp Gonnagetcha War 2019

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Ylber, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I suppose Cryo-Shrade works with Frostval well enough. I's been a tradition that we get a new Shrade each time Friday 13th event comes out, but from what I heard from Korin during today's AE developer stream it seems that we are going to get a new bad guy to fight.

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    As long as that new enemy doesn't get added to the pool of Shrade spawns... and is more similar to what they did with last Friday the 13th (e.g. a new dungeon inside Camp Gonnagetcha).

I really don't think we need more Shrade variants. If there were 1,000 variants, imagine how hard it would be to get a specific drop. It's just more unnecessary RNG. I think the right direction is to introduce new maps and other activities... it also makes it less boring, because when there's a new map, you're doing something completely new... but when it's just a new enemy in an old map with the same exact format (boss timer waiting and everything), then you're pretty much doing what you did last Friday the 13th and the Friday the 13th before then which isn't fun at all.

3. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I expect there to be a dungeon for this new bad guy and everything you get related to it are from that dungeon. It would be great because there are certainly quite a few of Shrades that drop things at Camp Gonnagetcha.

4. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    As long as they don't end up reusing the alien-themed dungeon (even the same map format). I think something similar to the Frostlorn boss dungeon and the Akriloth boss dungeon would be sufficient enough... where you are already presented the boss and have to dodge attacks and attack the boss. The alien-themed dungeon was bad in that it encouraged players to just camp until the room was cleared or just cheese the room.

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I do wish that the dungeon wasn't pretty much like a copypaste from the previous Friday 13th dungeon. It would be cool if it was themed after Christmas and Halloween making it festive and creepy.

6. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    those kind of dungeon is fave spot for leecher and the problem of AE is they cant do much to punish those players, second, AE loves to use reskin/retextured asset.

7. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well, leeching isn't against the game rules. I've heard some people equating leeching to "griefing", but griefing has it's own definition (with its Wikipedia article providing various examples), and leeching isn't even in that article. And even if leeching was punishable, that'll just discourage people from playing the game even more, especially low level players that depend on high level players to take down monsters, and it would probably encourage other things that go against the game rules like botting.

But the real problem isn't leeching, but the repetitive nature of releases and grinding. On one side, you have players (that are putting effort) complaining about the lazy players not putting in any effort, and on the other side, you have the lazy players (the "leechers") complaining about the release being bland, mundane, and repetitive. People depend on newness and fun to really gain the benefit of enjoying the game.

The solution to this month's Friday the 13th isn't going to be the same old iteration of releases, but newer content (not something silly like just new items to older maps, but actually new maps/dungeons and new quests). But also with that newer content, people don't want to be grinding for several hours for items, so the newer content also has to be reasonable.

8. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    And those lazy leecher always found his way in every update, now they just mostly wait at boiler room entrance in Fleshette maze while other party members looking for clue :d

9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah, there are some flaws with the new dungeon, especially in the easier dungeon (where monsters are easy to take down) where people don't care to wait. Even if you know the map layout, you could still have an unfair experience in the dungeon. Honestly, they should add the ability to use the go to feature, when someone is in the other part of the dungeon... in other words, be able to teleport to any player marked as "Out of Range" in the party.

I think the worst thing to happen is when four players are camping at the boiler room entrance while you're looking for a claw, and the claw happens to be in the conveyor hallway (it takes way too long to reach the end of the hallway, and too long to exit out of the hallway). When you grab the claw, everyone near the boiler room kill the spiders and then while you're trying to leave the hallway, they progress to the next room to kill the boss without you. It's especially worse, if the player in the conveyor hallway doesn't have a form, because the other players could kill the boss while you're slowly making it out of the hallway.

At that point, you pretty much have to leave the party and rejoin the dungeon from the lobby, and pray that the dungeon instance doesn't become full. Or next time the possibility of that occurs again, just camp like they do until people actually cooperate. Playing a teamwork dungeon with random players is usually bad, because you never know how players will act in the dungeon.

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    When Frostval vs Mogloween camp war ended, Dottie was removed from Battleon even though Camp Gonnagetcha wasn't going to leave yet and the only way to go there is through the news menu. AE was a bit hasty on that decision.

11. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Sometimes they do that because they can't have too many entities in Battleon, similar to how they remove Drickens and Droosters in Battleon in previous war events, but I'd say it was an oversight since they were removing older content like Mogloween, and they probably thought Dottie was a Mogloween NPC or something.

I usually never use Battleon to travel to event areas anyway, usually just stick with the news menu. One of AE's recent updates prevents players from speaking to a number of NPCs in Battleon (including Blizzy and other seasonal NPCs), if those players haven't completed the quest for the Travel Shard yet, which sucks for people who don't want a useless item in their inventory. For that reason, I haven't really bothered talking to NPCs in Battleon.

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Friday the 13th and Mogloween have been out at the same time many times, but this time she was removed right after camp cabin war ended and usually she gets removed when Camp Gonnagetcha leaves.

That issue with not being able to speak to certain NPCs before getting those starter quests done is understandably why that is but at the same time it shouldn't be that way.

13. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    When they removed the Friday the 13th NPC, they also removed access to all of the Mogloween maps. I had my alt "Biue" at the entrance of Mystcroft ever since October when I was farming for the sword drop, and whenever they pushed out the new Battleon war (last week after the Camp Gonnagetcha war ended), my alt would appear in Battleon instead since Mystcroft had become inaccessible. As far as I know, there's no way to re-enter the Mogloween map; it was planned to leave after the war.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    So when a map is inaccessible, your character will be put to Battleon by default? That's a good thing to have so people can't just get to seasonal locations at any given time if you have a character set up for that.

15. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's been like that for a long time, though I think there have been ways around getting to seasonal locations when it isn't the right season and when AE prematurely removes the inaccessibility lock, like by teleporting to a staff member who's inside a seasonal map. I remember a few players trying to get the Frostval 2018 collection in the middle of summer in 2019 at the Frostval's Past map.

You can try testing out the 'kick to Battleon' thing. Just place an alt in Camp Gonnagetcha and wait until AE removes the map, maybe some time in January.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's not like I have had an opportunity nor a desire to test something like that because it's clearly something you shouldn't do.
    You can't get to Camp Gonnagetcha anymore through news page though and I don't use alt accounts.

17. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    That's unfortunate. They must have removed it on Tuesday from the news menu whenever they added new daily chest items and the new daily pet quests. Two weeks of the event being there didn't really feel like a long time, especially for new players keeping up with older content, and also considering that people were still farming for the Shrade mask. Feel like they could have kept the event up for longer; just because Frostval won the war doesn't mean that players completed everything they needed from the event.

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AE should have at least had Camp Gonnagetcha be around for the end of December honestly. It felt like it wasn't around for long enough when compared to those other times when Camp Gonnagetcha was around.

19. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    End of December still wouldn't be long enough, especially as most people are doing other things around Christmas. If I was a new player playing the event for the first time, I'd divide each Friday the 13th activities into parts, probably like this:

First week (Dec. 10 - 14): Play through new Camp Cabin addition and craft everything there (should take 2-3 days to complete for the average player)t.
    Second week (Dec. 15 - 21): Play through the main camp area and craft about half of everything there (takes a long time since you need certain Shrade drops, and the Shrade variant that spawns is random), and also obtain the flag back item when one of the teams wins, then focus on doing the new, unrelated-to-Friday-13th Frostlorn Siege event since Camp Gonnagetcha will become vacant due to a new release.
    Third week (Dec. 22 - 28): Finish up crafting the rest of the items in the main camp, and also spend the Christmas holiday taking a break from the game.
    Fourth week (Dec. 29 - Jan. 4): Farm for Shrade X craft materials to craft Shrade X gear and farm for the low % mask drop from the dungeon.
    Fifth week (Jan. 5 - Jan. 11): Wrap up everything that hasn't been completed from the event yet.

Alas, they only gave players two weeks, which just wasn't enough time for the average player, and it felt like you couldn't even take advantage of the two weeks since the map became largely vacant when they released Frostlorn Siege, so it felt more like one week. It was only when Frostlorn Siege hit 100% that people started showing up more frequently at Camp Gonnagetcha again.

I don't think AE even announced when Friday the 13th was leave; they just prematurely removed the map.

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    The recent Friday the 13th definitely left prematurely compared to all other ones. AE should have had it around for longer even though Battleon Siege came around and they really didn't really tell us that it was going to leave as early as it did before it was pretty much gone for most players.